IGNORED

The Pitch

Desso

I thought the pitch was excellent last night with hardly a mark on it at the end. Very surprised how little time it has taken to be playable after all the work on (and under) it. Incidentally, I noticed that the lines were fainter last night compared to previous seasons; I guess that will be the new way of doing it to make it easier to obliterate them for the Rugby/Football.

I think that the first two rows have been removed from the Atyeo making more space behind the goal. Groundsman said pitch the same size.

there was always a large at the ateyo end theres just more grass there now, and I think they removed the disabled shelters (i'm not sure on that)

The pitch is the same size although has moved about a metre across toward the Williams and will move a further 2.5 metres next season

The grassed area has been extended all the way around, taking in more of the track area.

I believe only one row has been taken out in the Atyeo to accommodate the new disabled areas minus the shelters. This will be the norm for all disabled areas once redevelopment has been completed.

Complete waste of money if we're going to be smashing it in the air so much, as per last night.

Might as well scrap the ground as we aren't going to fill it as well....,,...

Lansdown might as well call it a day too, as he hasn't bought us the Champions League.

He's been with us for too long, obviously.

They need to sort out the dug outs by the Williams stand tho as i was sat behind the home dugout last night and i could hardly see the game because the dug out blocked or blurred the view so surely they could lower the height of the dug out so every one can have a great view of the game! Surely it aint hard to lower the dug out or change it so its square or something!

They need to sort out the dug outs by the Williams stand tho as i was sat behind the home dugout last night and i could hardly see the game because the dug out blocked or blurred the view so surely they could lower the height of the dug out so every one can have a great view of the game! Surely it aint hard to lower the dug out or change it so its square or something!

After last nights performance they ought to charge extra for those seats 

Yea and whilst they're at it, they can get that lanky barstard sat in front of me to move, I mean, he should be more considerate and sit at the back..... and dont get me started on that fat git next to me.

What is this club coming to......dug outs indeed

If only the game hadn't been a sellout and there had been some empty seats elsewhere in the Williams you could have moved to...

Those darn dugouts blurring the view.

Gutted doesn't come close...

Wouldn't bother yourself too much.  

I think many of those starting 11 played at WSM and they were shit there too.  That was nothing like the side who took on Sheff Utd and you can be pretty sure most of them won't get a sniff in our next league game either.

I think the only thing learnt last night is that we don't have as much strength in depth that we hoped we had, but I'd be very surprised to see another performance as dire as that on Saturday.

I think many of those starting 11 played at WSM and they were shit there too. That was nothing like the side who took on Sheff Utd and you can be pretty sure most of them won't get a sniff in our next league game either.

I think the only thing learnt last night is that we don't have as much strength in depth that we hoped we had, but I'd be very surprised to see another performance as dire as that on Saturday.

Bang on.

The only problem for me last night made me realise we don't have the strength in depth that we and SC hoped for.

However, some of the players last night might not be comfortable with the formation as some of the others who featured on Saturday.

Bang on.

The only problem for me last night made me realise we don't have the strength in depth that we and SC hoped for.

However, some of the players last night might not be comfortable with the formation as some of the others who featured on Saturday.

I don't think our depth is too bad, the issue comes when the second-choicers a) all play together and b) don't turn up.

I think many of those starting 11 played at WSM and they were shit there too.  That was nothing like the side who took on Sheff Utd and you can be pretty sure most of them won't get a sniff in our next league game either.

As I said to my old man, with the exception of Ayling and El Abd, it was very similar (personnel wise) to a SOD side. The result, therefore, should not come as a big surprise.

Archived