IGNORED

Originally About Agard To Leeds.... But Now Another Pop At Jet Thread

Robin 101

I'm not asking you to change your views.

But,remember that when ( it's not an if) he wins us games with a flash of brilliance you will be reminded ;)

Yes and I will look forward to it and maybe a little criticism will give him the kick up the backside he needs to become the fantastic player we had early last season so I might just take some credit as well  ;)

No not at all read my other posts

I'd rather know why after 2 games of the season, you want to ship out our second top scorer from last season even know as a player he is no different other than being short of match fitness and sharpness 

Your comment................

"Tuesday night he got into positions were he would have shot and scored last season but hes a yard slower now and gets robbed or loses the chance to shoot"

So, that tells me he is still getting into positions (which is always a good sign for a forward) but is short of match fitness/confidence...........every forward goes through spells like this, it happened to Baldock last season......were you clambering to move him on then?

I'd rather know why after 2 games of the season, you want to ship out our second top scorer from last season even know as a player he is no different other than being short of match fitness and sharpness 

"Tuesday night he got into positions were he would have shot and scored last season but hes a yard slower now and gets robbed or loses the chance to shoot"

So, that tells me he is still getting into positions (which is always a good sign for a forward) but is short of match fitness/confidence...........every forward goes through spells like this, it happened to Baldock last season......were you clambering to move him on then?

Well I think I have put all the reasons in earlier posts but he goes again.

I feel that since SOD left 28th November JET has been a shadow of his former self and doesn't look happy or interested or look like he's trying his goal return is 5 in 5 months since SOD left so not the best. He is not a Cotterill type player someone who will run their socks off for the cause If he carry's on showing no interest and lazy on the pitch how long can we afford to keep him ? I believe he needs a fresh start somewhere else because as he no longer feels loved at BS3 since SODs departure Yes undoubted talent and a match winner with a sudden stroke of brilliance but there few and far between these days so how long can we carry on playing with 10 men

Regarding Baldock no I never wanted him to go as he always gave 110% and showed he wanted to work hard and try for himself and team mates to get out of his goal drought and it always looked like he was going to score soon

Regarding Baldock no I never wanted him to go as he always gave 110% and showed he wanted to work hard and try for himself and team mates to get out of his goal drought and it always looked like he was going to score soon

Hmm, arguably in the same way Baldock was only the player he is when Cotterill came in. He needs more time, too soon to say he's a spent force. Suffering from form, needs a goal or two and who knows..

Sometimes I'm embarrassed by what I read.

This is one of those occasions.

Jet produces. Every week. So far this season it's one start, one assist.

Last season he scored 21 times and set up god knows how many more.

Goals win games. Not over enthusiastic and limited players like Danny ******* Haynes.

Standard City support, slag off something good until it's gone then miss it. It's like Jacki.

Jet is frustrating as he scored 20 plus goals and contributed 20 odd assists at walking pace last season. Imagine the damage he could do if he broke a sweat....  but then maybe that would take away the positives from his game, who knows!

I for one would rather have him in my team than playing against as he is talented enough to win this league single handedly. Goals win games and this bloke contributes those in the bucket load.

Well I think I have put all the reasons in earlier posts but he goes again.

I feel that since SOD left 28th November JET has been a shadow of his former self and doesn't look happy or interested or look like he's trying his goal return is 5 in 5 months since SOD left so not the best. He is not a Cotterill type player someone who will run their socks off for the cause If he carry's on showing no interest and lazy on the pitch how long can we afford to keep him ? I believe he needs a fresh start somewhere else because as he no longer feels loved at BS3 since SODs departure Yes undoubted talent and a match winner with a sudden stroke of brilliance but there few and far between these days so how long can we carry on playing with 10 men

Your fully entitled to your opinion but you appear to be in a minority of 1.

Not sure where "he no longer feels loved at BS3" comes from, other than yourself who clearly is not willing to give the guy a break where others can see he's slightly off the pace and just needs a goal/good game for confidence

Players like Fontaine needed a fresh start at the end, JET does not need a fresh start.......JET needs to be involved, get game time, step up fitness, provide assists, score goals.......this will happen unless the "scapegoat" brigade get a hold

Swap JET for Agard? Jesus, some of the crap that's posted on here is just cringe-worthy.

What next?

Steve Cotts for a Mars bar?

Make it a Mars ice cream and we'll talk turkey.

Swap JET for Agard? Jesus, some of the crap that's posted on here is just cringe-worthy.

What next?

Baldock for Pitman?

Wagstaff for Jamie Cureton?

Cunningham for Lee Brown?

Steve Cotts for a Mars bar?

JET wants to play at a higher level.  If the opportunity arises he is likely to take it. 

So he's lazy and disinterested, but still creating chances for himself and others, just not finishing them off as he used to.  

So this 'disinterest' doesn't extend to him creating the chances, just that when he gets into a position to score he says to himself; 'Shall I just knock this in the back of the net then? Nah, can't be bothered.'  Unbelievable!

Soooo, back to Agard you moaning bunch of cnuts. No one is in the know as your are all basically keyboard warriors but the question is, do we need him? We have no influence about whether we can get him or not so it should be discussed what he can offer and where he would fit in instead... Thoughts?

Thank you.

yes well done super,

any about Jet Agard, have leeds signed him yet, are there any other strikers worth looking out, what about taking a young prem lad on loan if its only to come here for cover, perhaps asking man u if they will let us have James Wilson (impossable I know),

lets talk about getting a striker instead of slaging off Captain Lazy and his amazing goal scoring ability (tongue firmly in cheek)

Corking player Jet.

Even when he was at the top of his game, and winning matches almost single handedly he was still unappreciated and moaned at by many in the stands.

When he gets fired up by negative crowd reaction and tries to put in the odd tackle he invariably gives away a foul, so let's just accept him as he is: a maverick enigma, a supreme entertainer and match winner on his day who we are ridiculously fortunate to have had the opportunity to watch at our level, and who most  fans of the beautiful game amongst us will miss when he's gone.

If Cotts. has decided he's not his sort of player then I hope the parting of the ways is swift and decisive, not a gradual freezing out, a very unhappy player, and an acrimonious departure.

He's done more than enough at City to deserve better than that.

yes well done super,

any about Jet Agard, have leeds signed him yet, are there any other strikers worth looking out, what about taking a young prem lad on loan if its only to come here for cover, perhaps asking man u if they will let us have James Wilson (impossable I know),

lets talk about getting a striker instead of slaging off Captain Lazy and his amazing goal scoring ability (tongue firmly in cheek)

1. He's a defender

2. Whilst showing early promise he never really developed and we let him go, why would we want him back?

3. Why the heck did Man Utd take him on? did we miss a trick there?

:P

Corking player Jet.

Even when he was at the top of his game, and winning matches almost single handedly he was still unappreciated and moaned at by many in the stands.

When he gets fired up by negative crowd reaction and tries to put in the odd tackle he invariably gives away a foul, so let's just accept him as he is: a maverick enigma, a supreme entertainer and match winner on his day who we are ridiculously fortunate to have had the opportunity to watch at our level, and who most  fans of the beautiful game amongst us will miss when he's gone.

If Cotts. has decided he's not his sort of player then I hope the parting of the ways is swift and decisive, not a gradual freezing out, a very unhappy player, and an acrimonious departure.

He's done more than enough at City to deserve better than that.

Great post, totally agree. When he's on his game he is fantastic. There's a reason why opposition managers mention him when talking about our strengths.

Archived