IGNORED

Queues To Get In The Dolman

Drew Peacock

Were there any?

I got in stupidly early with no queue whatsoever and was bored completely witless.  I shan't be doing that again.  Would prefer to be standing outside complaining.

Can't we have strippers or public floggings or a stoning to amuse us if we follow the guidelines and get in early?

Were there any?

I got in stupidly early with no queue whatsoever and was bored completely witless.  I shan't be doing that again.  Would prefer to be standing outside complaining.

Can't we have strippers or public floggings or a stoning to amuse us if we follow the guidelines and get in early?

I got in at 2:30 no queues. Took a book to read so wasn't bored.

Talking of the Dolman didnt the club announce earlier this week that they didnt want fans hanging around near the exits at the end of the game. Today a couple of hundred fans were standing behind the advertising board for the last 5 or 10 mins. Isnt this asking for troubles? Also does anyone else find it annoying when streams of fans make their way down towards the exit before the end of a game? Whats the hurry to leave? Pay all that money to get in, the teams winning but only just and you cant wait until the final whistle to get up and go??!! The design of the stand doesnt help i know and i hope the new design enables early leavers to exit from the back but as things stand could fans at east wait until the final whistle. Fair enough if we're being thrashed but not at other times. Support your team to the end. It must be very disconcerting for players to see fans streaming out early when the game is inactive or held up.

Talking of the Dolman didnt the club announce earlier this week that they didnt want fans hanging around near the exits at the end of the game. Today a couple of hundred fans were standing behind the advertising board for the last 5 or 10 mins. Isnt this asking for troubles? Also does anyone else find it annoying when streams of fans make their way down towards the exit before the end of a game? Whats the hurry to leave? Pay all that money to get in, the teams winning but only just and you cant wait until the final whistle to get up and go??!! The design of the stand doesnt help i know and i hope the new design enables early leavers to exit from the back but as things stand could fans at east wait until the final whistle. Fair enough if we're being thrashed but not at other times. Support your team to the end. It must be very disconcerting for players to see fans streaming out early when the game is inactive or held up.

I never understand why people leave early. Do these people walk out five minutes before the end of the film when they go to the cinema?

They won't leave via the back, they enjoy standing at the front of the second tier so no one can see the pitch.

I never understand why people leave early. Do these people walk out five minutes before the end of the film when they go to the cinema?

Exactly my feelings. Is it a Dolman supporter thing? If the Atyeo or Williams stands were designed similarly would we see scores of fans streaming out the front 5 or 10 mins before the game. If everyone in the Dolman left at full time there would probably be a big queue to get out but so what? I cant believe that thst many fans have such urgent Saturday evening dinner appointments.

Does anyone though if this problem is going to be rectified as part of the redevelopment?! Hope so.

At the moment, I'm sort of glad that the usual suspects leave the Dolman with still 5 minutes remaining as without the scoreboard I never know how long is left and this gives me an indication!

Only gripe with the DEH was the fact they only had Fosters on tap for the lager drinkers. Not everyone is driving! Some people would like a refreshing beer with a bit of taste. In the end they 'found' a bottle of Peroni and charged a premuim for it.

No complaint over the cost of the Peroni, just grateful to have a bit of choice!

Hopefully they'll have Heineken on tap before too long. (It's on the bar menu).

Only gripe with the DEH was the fact they only had Fosters on tap for the lager drinkers. Not everyone is driving! Some people would like a refreshing beer with a bit of taste. In the end they 'found' a bottle of Peroni and charged a premuim for it.

No complaint over the cost of the Peroni, just grateful to have a bit of choice!

Hopefully they'll have Heineken on tap before too long. (It's on the bar menu).

I thought they were now serving Kronenberg in there?

That would be the Butcombe.

Lager & taste don't often go in the same sentence, unless chemical is in the sentence too..................

If have loved the opportunity to have a pint of lager of any variety. However there doesn't appear to be any facilities in the Williams that accommodates this. The natch bar needs to come back pronto.

That would be the Butcombe.

Lager & taste don't often go in the same sentence, unless chemical is in the sentence too..................

Of course it does, just not many lagers in this country unfortunately.

Archived