IGNORED

Louis Carey

bemmyredjeff

Are you sure? Johnson said he didn't play for them yesterday as his fitness was quite where it needed to be, so he wasn't ready for this game.

This is where I got it from,unless things have changed since this was released.

Reading it again it looks open to interpretation ??

Yeovil Town manager Gary Johnson has confirmed that former Bristol City and Millwall midfielder Marvin Elliott is no longer training at the club. The 29 year old has spent the past fortnight training with the club, whilst trying to improve his overall fitness levels, having left Ashton Gate at the end of last season.

Elliott also played in the club's final pre-season friendly against Dorchester Town, but having spent further time on the training ground, Johnson told BBC Somerset today that the Wandsworth-born player would need extra time to get himself fully fit, and that he was going to choose a location somewhere closer to his north London home:

"We didn't feel that Marvin was ready to play 90 minutes. He felt that if he was going to train more, then he wanted to train a little bit nearer to his home, which is somewhere around St Albans or in North London. So the option is open for him when he wants to, but I think he'll now take up something else for training."

Gary felt that at this stage, the club needed to concentrate upon improving the current squad with fully fit players, and that therefore it was only fair to allow Elliott to move on, whilst there was no guarantee of a contract being on the table for him:

"He's still not ready and he'll need a couple of weeks yet, but we can't keep him here forever. So we have to say that at this moment in time we're not going to be able to pick him, even though it looks like we should be able to pick anyone right now! We've still got to get it right and we've got to bring in fit people for now, if we can."

This is where I got it from,unless things have changed since this was released.

Reading it again it looks open to interpretation ??

Yeovil Town manager Gary Johnson has confirmed that former Bristol City and Millwall midfielder Marvin Elliott is no longer training at the club. The 29 year old has spent the past fortnight training with the club, whilst trying to improve his overall fitness levels, having left Ashton Gate at the end of last season.

Elliott also played in the club's final pre-season friendly against Dorchester Town, but having spent further time on the training ground, Johnson told BBC Somerset today that the Wandsworth-born player would need extra time to get himself fully fit, and that he was going to choose a location somewhere closer to his north London home:

"We didn't feel that Marvin was ready to play 90 minutes. He felt that if he was going to train more, then he wanted to train a little bit nearer to his home, which is somewhere around St Albans or in North London. So the option is open for him when he wants to, but I think he'll now take up something else for training."

Gary felt that at this stage, the club needed to concentrate upon improving the current squad with fully fit players, and that therefore it was only fair to allow Elliott to move on, whilst there was no guarantee of a contract being on the table for him:

"He's still not ready and he'll need a couple of weeks yet, but we can't keep him here forever. So we have to say that at this moment in time we're not going to be able to pick him, even though it looks like we should be able to pick anyone right now! We've still got to get it right and we've got to bring in fit people for now, if we can."

thanks for this.

interesting, mixed messages from Johnson.  Here it is clear he is not staying, but his radio interview suggested he could well be signed and playing in a week or so.

I guess we wait and see..

looked a bloody mess when he walked along the front of the top tier of the dolman midway through the first half.

It looked as if he been dragged off the park bench across the road.

A so called legend by some on here...for christ sake tidy yourself up, you're not doing yourself any favours.

what is the point of this post? Ridiculous get a life

looked a bloody mess when he walked along the front of the top tier of the dolman midway through the first half.

A so called legend by some on here...for christ sake tidy yourself up, you're not doing yourself any favours.

This is England, it's a free country and everyone has the right to look and dress as they choose. For 19 years Louis Carey was a great servant to this club, he does not deserve to be criticised by a sanctimonious keyboard warrior like you.

I did notice that the players who were not in yesterdays squad were all in suits which must be down to the manager Osbourne was resplendent in a bright blue suit ,

I know that Carey is not now employed by the club but he must realise that he will represent the club for the rest f his life being the record appearance holder.

Looked like trigger in that blue suit!

This is England, it's a free country and everyone has the right to look and dress as they choose. For 19 years Louis Carey was a great servant to this club, he does not deserve to be criticised by a sanctimonious keyboard warrior like you.

I am stunned at how some people have already forgotten what a legend Louis Carey is. And legend is the word to use.

He can dress/grow his beard exactly as he likes. He doesn't look great to me, I would think he'd look better without it, but are those criticising him also saying the same about regular punters who have beards/wear something they don't like? Bloody hell that's a whole forum in itself.

What a silly culture we live in where we get all hot under the collar because of someone's appearance. Whatever next. I don't like Luke Freeman's haircut. Why can't John Pemberton just do the decent thing and buy some Just For Men. Ffs, Flint, remove that tattoo on your left buttock, it disturbs me...

After what LC 646 has done for this club in an era of self-absorbed footballers blood-sucking money out of every chairman they can, he can dress as he likes.

I am stunned at how some people have already forgotten what a legend Louis Carey is. And legend is the word to use.

He can dress/grow his beard exactly as he likes. He doesn't look great to me, I would think he'd look better without it, but are those criticising him also saying the same about regular punters who have beards/wear something they don't like? Bloody hell that's a whole forum in itself.

What a silly culture we live in where we get all hot under the collar because of someone's appearance. Whatever next. I don't like Luke Freeman's haircut. Why can't John Pemberton just do the decent thing and buy some Just For Men. Ffs, Flint, remove that tattoo on your left buttock, it disturbs me...

After what LC 646 has done for this club in an era of self-absorbed footballers blood-sucking money out of every chairman they can, he can dress as he likes.

Exactly.

Seen him out and about a few time with his mrs and kids,flat cap on, beard all bushy.  looks like he is having a great family life.  If some ****tard thinks he is letting anyone down because he looks a state, maybe he should ask his wife and kids, who seem to me, every time I have seen them, to be have been having a great time enjoying family life.

the OP is a very sad man  and really needs to look at his own life before bemoaning the appearance of others.  As there only seems to be one person with a problem here, and that certainly isn't Carey

Exactly.

Seen him out and about a few time with his mrs and kids,flat cap on, beard all bushy.  looks like he is having a great family life.  If some ****tard thinks he is letting anyone down because he looks a state, maybe he should ask his wife and kids, who seem to me, every time I have seen them, to be have been having a great time enjoying family life.

the OP is a very sad man  and really needs to look at his own life before bemoaning the appearance of others.  As there only seems to be one person with a problem here, and that certainly isn't Carey

Wonder wha the OP looks like? Mind, if he's a boy-band type, phwoaaarh! Cotts might eye him up in the gym and sign him on. The dotted line (ooh er).

I'm fairly certain that Louis does not care one jot what people think about his fashion sense.

I think that has been evident for a few years.

He's obviously comfortable enough in himself to do his own thing. Better that than be an ident.

Good on him I say.

what a joke of a post. who cares what he looks like you muppet. he is a club legend, ok he faded of in last 2/3 seasons but dont forget what he done for club in past. hang you head in shame 

If the OP had any notion of fashion trends, he'd know that big bushy beards are hipster indicators these days. If you walk around Hoxton, you'd think you were back in Victorian times.

Personally, I've shaved mine off, as I want to be ahead.of the curve

Archived