IGNORED

Football League Show

southvillekiddy

there is still focus on everyone else instead despite being favourites.

Sheff U were the pre-season favourites and are struggling.  Sounds like news worth commenting on to me.  Who else in our division got more focus than us?  Chesterfield and Peterborough fans could have the same gripe, we are only top on alphabetical order.

What do you expect? It is a goals highlight show and we are in the 3rd division. They show our goals. Not everyone shares our belief that we are the greatest ever team.

Every fan of every team thinks the football league show hates them, they don't. Leroy is clueless but always has good things to say about us. It's not a great show but I don't think Manish is biased towards Leicester either, they were always going to get more coverage being top of the league last season

It's silly but, the ONE thing that grinds my gears.......those stupid ******* coffee mugs on the desk, what's that about? I bet they're bleedin empty anyhoo !

It beats Jimmy Hill's Sunday Supplement, where they lay out the entire breakfast buffet for Martin Samuel to tuck into.

Every fan of every team thinks the football league show hates them, they don't. Leroy is clueless but always has good things to say about us. It's not a great show but I don't think Manish is biased towards Leicester either, they were always going to get more coverage being top of the league last season

Exactly. Football fans are so self centred & paranoid. Chesterfield, Peterborough, Fleetwood and Crawley have exactly the same record as us so far. How much was said about them? Why should we expect more? We're not Barcelona.

Minesh lives in Bristol, which club that wears blue +/ white gets uncritical ott coverage by the Bristol media all who I am sure are friends o minesh, a few seasos back whe they got to the last 8 of the fa cup and had a half decent season in league 1 he used th absolutely drool over them week after week,

Not FL show, but on final score on the great day that the gas entered oblivion, I really thought that Jason Mohamed and Jason Roberts we're going to break into tears, hilarious !

Jason Mohammad is Welsh - why would he give a shit? As for Roberts, I suppose there might be a lingering affection for a club where he spent a small amount of his career, but I doubt it.

Sorry don't agree with the original post - I thought they were very respectful of us on Saturday. However I do agree Beagrie seems to have a dislike for us, he clearly resented our win at the blades last week.

There is one way to get their attention and respect going forward- keep winning games!

Sorry don't agree with the original post - I thought they were very respectful of us on Saturday. However I do agree Beagrie seems to have a dislike for us, he clearly resented our win at the blades last week.

There is one way to get their attention and respect going forward- keep winning games!

I'm with you on this. Why should we get all this attention? We've been on a downward track year on year for several years. Ok we've won 2 games back to back. Great. 2 down 44 to go.

The thing I took from the programme was how well Leyton Orient played. Be wary of hubris!

Sheff U were the pre-season favourites and are struggling.  Sounds like news worth commenting on to me.  Who else in our division got more focus than us?  Chesterfield and Peterborough fans could have the same gripe, we are only top on alphabetical order.

What do you expect? It is a goals highlight show and we are in the 3rd division. They show our goals. Not everyone shares our belief that we are the greatest ever team.

Exactly. Football fans are so self centred & paranoid. Chesterfield, Peterborough, Fleetwood and Crawley have exactly the same record as us so far. How much was said about them? Why should we expect more? We're not Barcelona.

The programme consistently shows the bare minimum for our games and always has, apparently the order is decided by league position, which is understandable as it's nice and simple, but you never see other highlights in our games unless its to make the opposition look unlucky not to have scored more.

I was chatting with a mate yesterday who, as a result of the football league show rarely showing any decent defending is of the opinion that defending throughout the football league is on a par with sunday league. Watch what most fans watch and you'd agree, goals in the championship come from the odd flash of brilliance of the in the majority of cases, poor defending. Even additional highlights, more often than not, show a striker screwing up a chance given to him on a plate.

It's only good for spending minimal time catching up on the weekeds goals up and down the league as a programme. And Clem's features are well spread out across the divisions. Albeit slightly patronising, they really bring home the enormity of the difference between Accrington Stanley & Blackburn Rovers (for example) as clubs.

The other argument my mate put forward was, you're just little Birstol City, how many people are going to take note of anything other than your goals - I agree, but a good half a dozen other chances are shown from the Chesterfield vs Rochdale game and you're not telling me their fan bases, plus those taking an interest in their results justify the extra coverage.

Even in the championship we were nearly always one of the last 3 games on alongside Barnsley & Doncaster, this was during the 2 seasons following the play-off final.

I don't believe being on anyone's radar affects our preformances or the way teams set up against us - with scouts and advances in the analysis technology no club is going to play to our strengths and the way these are now more widely shared, fans awareness won't be as far behind as it was a couple of years back.

It's not just about City for me, I go to nearly all City games - I also get to a number of games as a nuetral but would rather watch some football than read the stats (more than just the goals).

With the added influence of the premier league, loaning young players out to teams in every tier I don't understand why the producers are unwilling to put on extended highlights for the benifit of anyone that takes an interest - if anything it would increase the target audience. I believe most viewers watch this on demmand anyway because of when it's on.

Beagrie has never had a good word to say about us. I've stopped reading things with his name to it, and won't watch if he's on the tv

I wonder what happened to him that made him so bitter towards us?

Or record it as I did. That way you can watch it the next morning and FF past all the other stuff.

What? Like all of the football? Surely someone with your vast knowledge looks at the other football teams in the league?

Archived