IGNORED

Mark Little

zoggy21

I'm pleased with all our summer signings but Mark Little has made me feel a little uneasy.

He loses the ball a lot when attacking and NEVER tries to put an early ball in.

His crossing is poor (however he did put in a good one to Wilbraham last week) and missed 2 pullbacks to give baldock a sitter!

Would you rather play Wagstaff!?

What with 'he who cannot be mentioned' on the bench and Adam now feeling the love and us winning so Frank can't be blamed- it is only right that we turn to question the ability of this very astute and talented signing. 

And as for Freeman - he didn't so much as touch the ball for the last 30 mins. tut tut.

What with 'he who cannot be mentioned' on the bench and Adam now feeling the love and us winning so Frank can't be blamed- it is only right that we turn to question the ability of this very astute and talented signing. 

And as for Freeman - he didn't so much as touch the ball for the last 30 mins. tut tut.

He was very good opening day but his crossing was dreadful yesterday. Still think he is a good signing though.

He was very good opening day but his crossing was dreadful yesterday. Still think he is a good signing though.

He was good all pre season too. I don't think we played that well in general. Pack was not so great v Oxford but class yesterday . In L1 we are more likely to have players who make errors which is why they're L1. And why we are.

1 bad game with his crossing... Let's just destroy our players confidence by slagging them off shall we.... ?!

Never ******* happy

If any player had any sense what-so-ever, they wouldn't bother looking on here.  Stupid thing to do if you lack self confidence

His crossing wasn't the best yesterday but he is still an excellent player IMO, he is everything you would want in a wing back! Strong, quick, clever, and confident in getting forward whilst always tracking back.. he's not going to put in a world class delivery every time though, who does at this level??

Agree with the OP. He relies purely on his pace and power to get past defenders, but there's nothing wrong with it as it works. His crossing is quite poor but at least he still gets in dangerous areas regularly, if his end product was good he would be playing at a higher level than this but he will be key for us this season

little is  strong difencively but he lacked composure in the box yesterday when well placed to have a strike at goal or fine baldock

I don't think he is,Hhe is a player that rushes in and ends up on his ass a lot, he also finds himself out of position a lot defensively.

I am not saying he is crap, I just think he is limited,his pace energy and enthusiasm make up for a lot at this level, I think he merits his place, but he has hell of a lot to do to improve his crossing and defending.  The good thing is, he is able to get in to good positions,so there is a lot there to work with. 

Little was our best player in the first half, his energy levels is brilliant and his pace and power is superb, I'm really happy with the signing.. but there is a reason he's at league 1 level.. his crossing is poor at best

if you want a take it easy option, run a few yards then pass it back.. then Wagstaffs your man.

The 3-5-2 helps Litte a lot with Ayling and Smith/Elliot covering.. maybe in a right back position i'd be more worried considering he enjoys attacking more than defending..

But for this level he's a very good signing, and people making judgements on him already need to give him 10 odd games

I'm pleased with all our summer signings but Mark Little has made me feel a little uneasy.

He loses the ball a lot when attacking and NEVER tries to put an early ball in.

His crossing is poor (however he did put in a good one to Wilbraham last week) and missed 2 pullbacks to give baldock a sitter!

Would you rather play Wagstaff!?

Nice try, but....

_origin_Epic-fail-8.jpg

While I am one of those who is quite often negative on this forum, I have to take issue with the OP.

I don't see how you can judge someone on 2 league games.  Little, for me, was one of the best players on the pitch against the Blades.  I wasn't at the game yesterday so cannot comment, but even if his contribution yesterday was poor, it would be inane to suddenly judge him on that, particularly after his contribution against Sheffield.  Maybe he had a bad day at the office?  We all have them, and so do players.

Give the guy a break and let's see how Cotterill's selections pan out over a larger number of games.  

Archived