IGNORED

Paddy Kenny (Merged)

Always Believesham

He has now left Leeds - could he back up Fielding, offering more competition than Richards?

A lot think we need another keeper - something tells me wages would be an issue coming from QPR, Leeds & Sheff Utd after being there in their prem days.

He's 36 so you could probably eek 2 seasons out of him - he's not suitable though surely?

Most of me says we won't go near him but if I don't start the thread, someone else will!

He has now left Leeds - could he back up Fielding, offering more competition than Richards?

A lot think we need another keeper - something tells me wages would be an issue coming from QPR, Leeds & Sheff Utd after being there in their prem days.

He's 36 so you could probably eek 2 seasons out of him - he's not suitable though surely?

Most of me says we won't go near him but if I don't start the thread, someone else will!

Didn't we have this debate last week?

I'm not sure he is the type of player that we are looking at nowadays. Bit of a journeyman and has been used to high wages. He could provide some experienced back up though.

I was asked by someone I hadn't seen sat around us at the Oxford game if there was any truth in the rumour that we were after him and it was the first I had heard about any possible interest and this is the first I have seen it mentioned.

Like most signings now, I guess that if SC is interested in him, then that is good enough for me.

Didn't we have this debate last week?

I hate this "we debated this last week" reply. Some people haven't got the time to read every single post ever written on this forum. So bloody tedious. If it makes you feel clever and important however, crack on. I don't mean to come across as being harsh, but what are you gaining out if posting it, apart from an ego boost? I've never got it? Its like being a snitch or the clever kid that rats to the teacher. Anyway......

Paddy Kenny was a fantastic keeper back in the day, and he still is a good shot stopper, but I think now we need someone with some sort of presence. I feel that we lack that at the moment. Frank Fielding, in my opinion, is a but of a liability and he lacks composure. He makes really quick decisions without assessing. My opinion is that he will cost us a number of goals throughout the season.

Has he got any slimmer than pre-season?

IF he were back to his normal weight and fit AND we could entice him on a league 1 salary with a slight wage increase if we get promoted this season then maybe and only maybe, other wise I'd just suggest looking for someone on loan again.

Won't it jut be David James all over again? I really, really wish we could solve the goalkeeping issue once and for all, for a few seasons of stability at least. At the moment we seem to be chopping and changing several times a season and still haven't found the answer. This unsettles the team and not a good basis to build from.

I want Fielding to come good, but from what I saw on Saturday the defenders are still not overly confident in him. They drop back deeper to cover and this leaves huge gaps allowing the opposition to get in behind our midfielders, gaps that a better team would have exploited. The forwards then also get isolated, all because of a lack of faith in the keeper. Everyone gets sucked into the problem.

I hope this addressed soon. It seems a long time ago when we had Weale and Basso fighting for one spot.

I hate this "we debated this last week" reply. Some people haven't got the time to read every single post ever written on this forum. So bloody tedious. If it makes you feel clever and important however, crack on. I don't mean to come across as being harsh, but what are you gaining out if posting it, apart from an ego boost? I've never got it? Its like being a snitch or the clever kid that rats to the teacher. Anyway......

Paddy Kenny was a fantastic keeper back in the day, and he still is a good shot stopper, but I think now we need someone with some sort of presence. I feel that we lack that at the moment. Frank Fielding, in my opinion, is a but of a liability and he lacks composure. He makes really quick decisions without assessing. My opinion is that he will cost us a number of goals throughout the season.

WTF?

Fielding's main problem is his distribution. I think he's a good enough keeper, but his kicking is awful and he appears to be a bear of very little brain when it comes to his decision making.

He is awful and we will never get promoted if he is number one for the season. God knows where he was going in the first half when the guy planted one on top of the net.

Amazing that people are taken in by that photo which was doing the rounds a couple of months ago.

Very competent keeper and even though he's now 36 he's probably got a couple of seasons left in him.

Taken in by what? That was the 30th June, not very professional to turn up in that state and gave Leeds the perfect reason to get rid.

Archived