IGNORED

Fao David Lloyd

Gillies Downs Leeds

Christ, there are some very strange posts on this thread with peoplE engaging using some bizarre reasoning.

Personally, from a selfish perspective, I'm quite happy to sit amongst the odd smoke bomb and/or take my chances with a flare nearby. That's just me though.

I'd never have mind to purchase or bring either into a stadium though because:

A) it's illegal.

B) it's against club policy.

C) I wouldn't want to run the risk of endangering others.

To be fair mate i can see it going that way aswell. Hopefully not if enough of the east end lot get together from the off and go in the south stand..

Flyers identifying an area of the stadium will be circulated in the right circles as they were prior to relocating to the Eastend in 2007, and for the trial of Williams E v MK Dons / Move into Williams E this season.

Christ, there are some very strange posts on this thread with peoplE engaging using some bizarre reasoning.

Personally, from a selfish perspective, I'm quite happy to sit amongst the odd smoke bomb and/or take my chances with a flare nearby. That's just me though.

I'd never have mind to purchase or bring either into a stadium though because:

A) it's illegal.

B) it's against club policy.

C) I wouldn't want to run the risk of endangering others.

Being homosexual used to be illegal, did that make it wrong?

Being homosexual used to be illegal, did that make it wrong?

Now we 're being silly. There are many things that used to be illegal that aren't now. On the other hand, there are many things that have been illegal for hundreds / thousands of years, that are still illegal. One example of the latter is anything that endangers the safety / health of others - e g setting off fireworks or flares in football stadiums

Now we 're being silly. There are many things that used to be illegal that aren't now. On the other hand, there are many things that have been illegal for hundreds / thousands of years, that are still illegal. One example of the latter is anything that endangers the safety / health of others - e g setting off fireworks or flares in football stadiums

It is your opinion , along with the powers at be , that smoke bombs are dangerous.

If the law changed, to match Norway's, would it then be ok?

How can it be so dangerous in one country, yet at our European neighbours it is deemed safe?

So, I use Norway as a perfectly valid reason, on how it can work, and you come back with a childish comment like that?

Your argument was Norway is a civilised country so why wouldn't you question their decisions, which is ridiculous. You can call it childish, I call your question stupid. Potato potato.

It is your opinion , along with the powers at be , that smoke bombs are dangerous.

If the law changed, to match Norway's, would it then be ok?

How can it be so dangerous in one country, yet at our European neighbours it is deemed safe?

Because Norway is a crazy country - e g

In 2011, it went through a nationwide butter shortage, where smugglers would often get caught smuggling butter and online auctions for one packet of butter reached as high as $77.

Don't wish for England to be like Norway because if you do your house might be burgled by butter thieves.

Sure.

But arrested??

Dumb arse-kids who don't know any better are facing 6 months jail time for a smoke bomb??

Their whole life will be ruined.

Total over-reaction. AG is an example of what is wrong with Bristol as a whole.

Too many rules, and petty jobsworths falling over each other to enforce them.  "oh-oh me sir, me sir - I got him".

Pathetic.

Ban them if you want - for  a season.

3 years - too much.

But to have him arrested and facing 6 months in prison - have a good look at yourself.

Disgraceful (and predictable) typical BCFC over-reaction.

One day, the stewards will push the buttons of the wrong people.

Agree with this; used to be fun watching football in the pay at the turnstile days; now its really not worth the effort. I`ll live with my memories of fifty years of actual support.

Now.........the h&s, pc, pipe and slipper brigade can have their day. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sure.

But arrested??

Dumb arse-kids who don't know any better are facing 6 months jail time for a smoke bomb??

Too many rules, and petty jobsworths falling over each other to enforce them.  "oh-oh me sir, me sir - I got him".

Pathetic.

3 years - too much.

But to have him arrested and facing 6 months in prison - have a good look at yourself.

The club have repeatedly warned and asked people not to bring in those kind of devices and let them off.

So if people are being asked by the club not to do something, and then continue to do it, what are they meant to do? How else do you stop it other than taking action against those who do?

Ultimately - rightly or wrongly - they are not allowed in the stadium. So if you knowingly do something when it's an offence to do so, surely you're just an idiot. The same way I wouldn't expect to be able to go into an airport, let off a loud explosion noise device and expect to still make my flight!

And as for:

You're right, that is an over reaction! Pretty sure these things are banned from most if not all UK football stadia, so to single out AG is misguided.

The club have repeatedly warned and asked people not to bring in those kind of devices and let them off.

So if people are being asked by the club not to do something, and then continue to do it, what are they meant to do? How else do you stop it other than taking action against those who do?

Ultimately - rightly or wrongly - they are not allowed in the stadium. So if you knowingly do something when it's an offence to do so, surely you're just an idiot. The same way I wouldn't expect to be able to go into an airport, let off a loud explosion noise device and expect to still make my flight!

And as for:

You're right, that is an over reaction! Pretty sure these things are banned from most if not all UK football stadia, so to single out AG is misguided.

Exactly this.

It's not the club who is imprisoning people for doing this.

DL, simply said what the deal was. Club are fed up with it. If you do it, you will be identified. You will be reported to the police and you will be banned from AG. Simples. The footnote is that through being reported to the police, those guilty COULD face a jail sentence but let's be honest that won't happen unless someone's a repeat offender.

I'm not buying the whole club are over-reacting thing. They've just said you will be identified, reported and banned. That seems pretty reasonable to me.

Exactly this.

It's not the club who is imprisoning people for doing this.

DL, simply said what the deal was. Club are fed up with it. If you do it, you will be identified. You will be reported to the police and you will be banned from AG. Simples. The footnote is that through being reported to the police, those guilty COULD face a jail sentence but let's be honest that won't happen unless someone's a repeat offender.

I'm not buying the whole club are over-reacting thing. They've just said you will be identified, reported and banned. That seems pretty reasonable to me.

Quite. The club have to have some kind of deterrent or they will keep doing it.

FWIW, I suffer badly with asthma, why should I have difficulty breathing because some idiot can't follow the rules? I've paid for my season ticket and deserve to be able to watch the game in a safe environment.

Don't like the rules on the back of the ticket? Don't come to games, easy! Like it or not, with any leisure activity, there are rules to follow. Just because you used to do it or it's OK in Turkey or whatever doesn't mean you can just turn up and do what you want. I can't think of any other place other than football where people think they have free reign to do and act how they like with no regard for the law.

Like the guys in the Dolman who beat seven bells out of the Leeds fan a few years ago - bet that wouldn't happen if they saw him on the street. But because it was in a football stadium they think they can act like animals and there not be consequences.

Sure.

But arrested??

Pathetic.

3 years - too much.

You need to pick a very small brush for that tar.

Most don't give one, or certainly don't in Willie eh, and they would certainly not back arrest and all the trimmings of losing passports, exclusion zones, curfews because somebody waves a big joss stick about.

The boy sounds like that type who ran to teacher because of what goes on behind the bike sheds.

Pity him ...

Dave L, guessing you missed my post but really wondered the reasoning behind such strict rules with no pints allowed out the back of the Atyeo Stand, thanks..

Surely its down to the licensing laws for the ground......you can drink in the ground not out, the same as every other part of AG

Sure.

But arrested??

Pathetic.

3 years - too much.

Sounds like the views of someone who doesn't give a toss about anyone else. Sorry, but that's how it comes across.

To summarise:

A football stadium is one of the most closely regulated areas in the country.

Those regulations are set by the Football League, the Government and the local council, not by BCFC.

The council has a safety advisory group (SAG) who issue an annual Safety Certificate to ensure that BCFC (and all other clubs) are applying and enforcing the regulations. 

If we didn't follow those regulations, the SAG has various powers ranging from a reduction in capacity in problem areas to the entire closure of a stadium if necessary.

In order to make sure our Safety Certificate is renewed every year, we have to follow the rules.  There might be some of our supporters who subscribe to the philosophy of 'We're Bristol City - we do what we want' but BCFC doesn't have that luxury I'm afraid.

We have a wide range of supporters with different ideas about the best way to support their club and  we work as hard as we can with all of those groups to make sure they can enjoy the match to the full. But we have to obey the regulations. All we ask is that everyone who comes to Ashton Gate understands this, and works with us to make sure that everybody can have a good day out at the footie.

COYR.

To summarise:

Those regulations are set by the Football League, the Government and the local council, not by BCFC.

The council has a safety advisory group (SAG) who issue an annual Safety Certificate to ensure that BCFC (and all other clubs) are applying and enforcing the regulations.

If we didn't follow those regulations, the SAG has various powers ranging from a reduction in capacity in problem areas to the entire closure of a stadium if necessary.

In order to make sure our Safety Certificate is renewed every year, we have to follow the rules. There might be some of our supporters who subscribe to the philosophy of 'We're Bristol City - we do what we want' but BCFC doesn't have that luxury I'm afraid.

We have a wide range of supporters with different ideas about the best way to support their club and we work as hard as we can with all of those groups to make sure they can enjoy the match to the full. But we have to obey the regulations. All we ask is that everyone who comes to Ashton Gate understands this, and works with us to make sure that everybody can have a good day out at the footie.

COYR.

With these clear cut rules, please can all fans support the club on this issue?

To summarise:

In order to make sure our Safety Certificate is renewed every year, we have to follow the rules.  There might be some of our supporters who subscribe to the philosophy of 'We're Bristol City - we do what we want' but BCFC doesn't have that luxury I'm afraid.

We have a wide range of supporters with different ideas about the best way to support their club and  we work as hard as we can with all of those groups to make sure they can enjoy the match to the full. But we have to obey the regulations. All we ask is that everyone who comes to Ashton Gate understands this, and works with us to make sure that everybody can have a good day out at the footie.

COYR.

Fairly sure that most supporters understand and accept that City have regulations that they have to follow and in the main, are entirely compliant with them. Any chance the stewards could be informed?

We are aware of those issues. Making this area work presents a set of challenges for fans and staff alike. Over the next few games our stewards will work with supporters to make sure that gangways are kept clear and that people remain seated in areas where that is the rule.

All talk

From the Dolman, I could not believe what I could see 

You enforced the rule on the tannoy

Yet not one of the so called Stewards (If you can them that) did anything

They are just there for the money and watch the game for free

The away fans were at the other end, with hardly any stewards. Yet you have loads of those stewards stood at the other end watching all the game for free and doing nothing! 

Archived