IGNORED

Fao David Lloyd

Gillies Downs Leeds

The Dutch also provide pyro holders in grounds. Ignite pyro. Place pyro into pyro holder on fence. Watch pyro. When pyro is spent a Steward disposes of pyro. Nobody dies. All smiles.

The Dutch also provide pyro holders in grounds.  Place pyro into pyro holder on fence. Ignite pyro.Watch pyro. When pyro is spent a Steward disposes of pyro. Nobody dies. All smiles.

Sounds like the views of someone who doesn't give a toss about anyone else. Sorry, but that's how it comes across.

I have to agree with him though. To think somebody could actually spend 6 month behind bars for letting a smoke bomb off is beggars belief.

I have to agree with him though. To think somebody could actually spend 6 month behind bars for letting a smoke bomb off is beggars belief.

Whilst the punishment might not fit the crime, equally it beggars belief that, knowing full well the possible implications of being caught, people are stupid enough to continue doing it.

Exactly!

If you don't fancy the punishment, don't commit the crime.

Simple really.

I agree. But I also agree with SX225 and the others who say the criminal law on this issue is ludicrously draconian.

That's not BCFC's fault, but I do think with those sentencing powers in mind just an ejection, short ban and warning that a criminal complaint may be made if the behaviour is repeated would suffice.

I don't want my club to be complicit in having our fans locked up, merely for exuberant behaviour.

Where does farting sit on this scale?

Whilst it isn't against the law, I believe the clubs' policy depends on what you've eaten the night before.

If proven guilty of releasing Filthy dog meat kebab with hot chilli sauce it can land you with an hours' quarantine in the hirerite and a suspension of any season ticket until your bowels have cleared.

Is that factually correct though?

If as you imply HSE is different over here, why are these products even sold?

Are you telling me that not one supporter at any of these games abroad has breathing problems?

Not sure how to post pictures on here, but have seen pictures from 1000's of people to 10's of people at games using smoke bombs....

One thing that does annoy me on here is the number of times people confuse a flare with a smoke bomb!

The smoke itself is not very toxic; it consists mostly of CO2, nitrogen, water vapor, and potassium carbonate

Smoke flares/grenades/pyro's are stored in armouries in the armed forces, they are held there for a reason.

Having been caught up in smoke flares both in the military and various grounds, it can be dangerous to be caught up in the smoke, specially in places like Block D & E in t'Williams...the old EE was not such a problem because of the bnking being less steep. The Williams is fairly steep. Have also been told the smoke can affect those with breathing problems, and they depending on type of flare are flammable on some surfaces.

I'm not wanting to be a kiljoy, but thinking about the bloody effects would help

If people want smoke bombs/flares etc, anything that they feel may add to the atmosphere but is banned nationwide from football grounds then how about they provide Shedman with the goods & I am sure he will be happy to oblige in the security of his own property. 

Smoke bombs are dangerous to some peoples health, especially those with breathing difficulties (asthma etc, etc).

Should people with breathing problems be penalised (or even worse) due to someone wanting to have some fun?.

The difference between this country and abroad is that authorities abroad don't care about a persons health & safety, you only have to see there attitude to football violence.

No bans over there, just a good old fashioned beating with a baton.

What horse shit. Which countries have you been to where that is the response to a firework that just smokes instead of exploding? I've seen smoke flares in Belguim, Germany and Holland. Never seen any batons coming out.

Archived