IGNORED

What A Lovely Chap

SimonL

I think we should wait until 'all' the evidence comes out,not just stuff that Tan has leaked to the Daily Mail.

I wouldn't trust Tan one tiny tiny bit.

Would you??

Considering Malky is apologising for it... yes

Just because someone makes racist jokes doesn't make them a racist.

I used to tell a lot of "mother in law" jokes, but thought the world of my mother in law and I laugh at jokes many would consider to be racist too.

A joke is a joke - simple.  Can't understand why people are so touchy about it these days or why everything has to be so PC and humour is being banned everywhere.

Just because someone makes racist jokes doesn't make them a racist.

I used to tell a lot of "mother in law" jokes, but thought the world of my mother in law and I laugh at jokes many would consider to be racist too.

A joke is a joke - simple. Can't understand why people are so touchy about it these days or why everything has to be so PC and humour is being banned everywhere.

It depends on the context whether it's jokey or nasty. And with texts and emails you can't get a gauge of tone.

But thanks for your apology Malkay, I wasn't offended anyway.

It depends on the context whether it's jokey or nasty. And with texts and emails you can't get a gauge of tone.

But thanks for your apology Malkay, I wasn't offended anyway.

Were these texts and emails on his work phone and email account or their own private one. Were these day to day occurrences, circulated for all to see, or perhaps drunken texts at 2 in the morning? Again I am not saying they are right but everyone is entitled to have a private life and as long as it no way impacts on his job, how did anyone know?

lot of holier than thou people on this thread!

No, just a few people defending a bigot.

Because that's what it is. It's bigoted, not banter. Banter is meant to be funny, racial stereotyping, sexism and gutless bitching is not funny at all. It lacks any intelligence and paints the perpetrator, whoever that may be, in the worst light.

Condoning his actions is just as bad.

Because that's what it is. It's bigoted, not banter. Banter is meant to be funny, racial stereotyping, sexism and gutless bitching is not funny at all. It lacks any intelligence and paints the perpetrator, whoever that may be, in the worst light.

Whatever

The difference between "bigotry" and banter is context. Its impossible to tell from 1 text the context its made in. General stereotyping can be quite amusing if no one is offended by it...

The difference between "bigotry" and banter is context. Its impossible to tell from 1 text the context its made in. General stereotyping can be quite amusing if no one is offended by it...

If Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit racial stereotyping is the scummiest form.

Perhaps I'm a snob, but there's nothing funny about it, no matter the context.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2730307/Malky-Mackay-Iain-Moody-investigated-FA-sexist-racist-homophobic-text-messages-time-Cardiff.html

"THE DAMNING MESSAGES 

'Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'

On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

On football agent Phil Smith

'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted'

On an official of another club

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.'

On a list of potential signings

'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'

On a player's female agent

A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to Jail" square)

Sent to members of Cardiff's staff"

Folks saying on this thread that it is about context, and just a bit of banter; care to speculate on how you'd fit the phrase "****ing chinkys" and indicating views on Jewish folks more synonymous with Germany circa 1939 than today into that?

Just interested how you might see yourself using them in that context, because (and call me over-polite) I'm not sure I see how I would.

Archived