IGNORED

Team For Saturday?

Cider red

They put 5 past Crewe (which doesn't say much) in the week, so I can't see cotts not playing a back three, and he won't start agard yet.

Fielding

Little

Cunningham

Ayling (think I'd rather see Osborne)

Flint

Williams

Elliot

Smith

Freeman

Baldock

Wilbraham

Subs:

Richards

Osborne

Pack

Reid

Waggy

Jet

Agard

I think if he was to start with 4 at the back and have Agard wide right and Freeman wide left, which I think he will do at some point at home but not today, then the back four would be Osbourne, Ayling Flint, Williams.

However, I think he'll stick to starting 3-5-2 with Ayling, Flint, Williams at the back, Little and Cunningham wide, Smith, Elliot, Freeman (or maybe even JET) and Wilbraham and Baldock up top with Agard included on the bench.

Think we may actually see agard;

Frankie

Ayling Flint Williams

Little Cunningham

Smith Elliott

Agard Baldock Freeman

Reverts back to a 5 4 1 when defending but going forward it's 3 4 3 but who knows? Cotts has a lot of choice with personnel and structure right now

With 2 in midfield, we will get murdered.

How many play in midfield if we were to play 4 4 2 with agard on the right and freeman on the left? It's not 2 in midfield anyway as I said freeman and agard would drop in when we don't have the ball

Freeman has played a number of games in the past as a left winger and if you listened to Steve Evan's interview he actually said the biggest mistake they made with Agard was playing him as a striker and it took them a long time to realise this. When they put him on the right wing he started creating and scoring and found it was by far him best position. I see Freeman a bit like a McIndoe type player and Agard could be the new Scotty Murray in my eyes. When a previous manager states a player is not a out and out striker, he done best on the right wing. I don't think Cotts would have discounted this and it seems clear Agard is of the same opinion as his previous manager. I expect us to see Agard in the Murray role, rather than the striking role. It could be said when we switched Baldock out wide last year he done a job but wasn't as effective as up front, it appears Agard is the opposite. In having Freeman and Agard on the wings, they can push up, cross and cut in, but what it also does is open up space for Baldock to get into the positions a poacher likes to.

Freeman has played a number of games in the past as a left winger and if you listened to Steve Evan's interview he actually said the biggest mistake they made with Agard was playing him as a striker and it took them a long time to realise this. When they put him on the right wing he started creating and scoring and found it was by far him best position. I see Freeman a bit like a McIndoe type player and Agard could be the new Scotty Murray in my eyes. When a previous manager states a player is not a out and out striker, he done best on the right wing. I don't think Cotts would have discounted this and it seems clear Agard is of the same opinion as his previous manager. I expect us to see Agard in the Murray role, rather than the striking role. It could be said when we switched Baldock out wide last year he done a job but wasn't as effective as up front, it appears Agard is the opposite. In having Freeman and Agard on the wings, they can push up, cross and cut in, but what it also does is open up space for Baldock to get into the positions a poacher likes to.

That is what i was actually getting at? Agard on the right hand side and freeman on the left of baldock up top.

It's hard to put a formation on here other than very simply if your on an iPhone as it just formats all wrong

Fielding

Ayling         Flint      Williams

Little                                                                Cunningham

Smith      Elliott

Agard                                                       Freeman

Baldock

This is the sort of thing I was trying to get at previously.

Lots of people talking about having a flat back 4. Not sure Cotts would revert to that now having worked on a 3-5-2 system so much. Therefore think defensively we'll look the same but may see a variation of the formation as 'I Am A Cider Drinker' has suggested.

Personally would like to see this at some point this season, however I appreciate it is a very offensive line-up.

Fielding

Ayling/Little Flint Williams Cunningham

Smith Elliott

Agard JET Freeman

Baldock

Archived