IGNORED

Cotts Interview On Agard And Sammy

fabio

FWIW, and reading between the lines, I think that there may be a bigger club than Brighton (no offense American excess) that has shown an interest in Sammy which, if they make a decent enough bid, he would like to go to.

As much as I would like him to stay, if he gets the chance to move to a much bigger club (top championship/lower prem) then we can't hold him back. Obviously it has to be right for the club too though.

FWIW, and reading between the lines, I think that there may be a bigger club than Brighton (no offense American excess) that has shown an interest in Sammy which, if they make a decent enough bid, he would like to go to.

As much as I would like him to stay, if he gets the chance to move to a much bigger club (top championship/lower prem) then we can't hold him back. Obviously it has to be right for the club too though.

No offence taken :)

For what it's worth, I'm mildly entertained by Cotterill's role in this saga. The Albion have said absolutely nothing about any interest in Baldock (though I know they do have one). The only person to have made any public statements on the matter is Steve Cotterill...and one of his complaints has been that we're trying to unsettle his player by making it public...

If I was a cynic, reading Cotterill's comments this week, I'd suspect him of trying to alert other clubs in the hope of starting a bidding war, so that if Baldock does seem likely to go, any competition for his services will push the price up.

Which, while it's absolutely fair enough on the price front- I mean, he's your player to do as you wish with- but it's a bit rich in my book for him to complain about the player being unsettled when the only person to have mentioned any of this to the media is him.

No offence taken :)

For what it's worth, I'm mildly entertained by Cotterill's role in this saga. The Albion have said absolutely nothing about any interest in Baldock (though I know they do have one). The only person to have made any public statements on the matter is Steve Cotterill...and one of his complaints has been that we're trying to unsettle his player by making it public...

If I was a cynic, reading Cotterill's comments this week, I'd suspect him of trying to alert other clubs in the hope of starting a bidding war, so that if Baldock does seem likely to go, any competition for his services will push the price up.

Which, while it's absolutely fair enough on the price front- I mean, he's your player to do as you wish with- but it's a bit rich in my book for him to complain about the player being unsettled when the only person to have mentioned any of this to the media is him.

Perhaps.

But maybe the fact Cotterill's said that Baldock was aware of the interest before he was, and brought it to him suggests you've been trying to make subtle overtures to our player, whilst acting 'hands-off'?  I don't know.

And maybe he is ramping the price, and making it clear to suitors that they can't play it quiet and bag a bargain, as we're more than happy to discuss how folks are interested in League One's top scorer from last year.  Again; no idea.

Good luck this afternoon though, as depending on how results go, the gap between our two sides could look mighty small, which wouldn't help really help your pursuit.

Why thank you for that little dig. We'll see what transpires this week eh?

No idea whether we'd be prepared to go to the price some of you are suggesting he's worth, we tend to look for value (that can be improved) & I can't see our chairman being prepared to pay what he perceives to be over the odds for- with all due respect- a third division striker. I suspect he'd move on to other targets rather than gamble several million on somebody largely untried above that level.

Which would suit you just fine, I've no doubt.

Why thank you for that little dig. We'll see what transpires this week eh?

No idea whether we'd be prepared to go to the price some of you are suggesting he's worth, we tend to look for value (that can be improved) & I can't see our chairman being prepared to pay what he perceives to be over the odds for- with all due respect- a third division striker. I suspect he'd move on to other targets rather than gamble several million on somebody largely untried above that level.

Which would suit you just fine, I've no doubt.

What do you think Sam is worth?

And a knob.

This too.

I remember a game at Withdean (yikes) when he was still with S****horpe. Never ever seen a player whine at the officials as much as he did that day. It got to the point where the entire south stand was taking the piss out of him and shouting "moan moan moan moan moan" every time he went near the ball.

Think he got subbed in a huff in the end :)

CMS cost them 2.5m from the Posh, they'll have to nearly match that to even get a sniff of speaking to Baldock at this stage of the season.

CMS was prolific for Dagenham, then joined joined the Posh and was prolific for 4 season's running scoring 80 goals in 4 years, his partnership with Aaron Mclean in 2009-2010 was deadly and he scored 11 times with 17 assists. He was the best striker in league one by a mile in the 2010-2011 season scoring 35 times, having scored 26 times in his previous stint in league one, and 20 times his first season when not playing the full season in league two. He was signed for 2.5m at the age of 27 on the back of four consecutive seasons of scoring plenty of goals and getting a lot of assists proving himself a quality league one striker and also more than capable in the Championship. He was two years older than Baldock but his record was far better than Baldock's and he hadn't ever had a bad injury until he actually joined Brighton. He also had a high number of assists , something Baldock doesn't really have and he looked a bargain for 2.5m at the time. Injury has halted his career at Brighton but he he scored 11 goals in half a year at Brighton before he got injured. CMS when he was sold to Brighton was a better striker than Baldock by some margin and given he cost them 2.5m, it gives further weight to Baldock being worth 1.5 - 2m tops.

Completely off topic here but i was in brighton over the weekend and decided to go to the bolton game. And american excess how good is your stadium?? Usually hate modern stadiums but thought it was great!

Well it was a bit emptier than on previous occasions, in no small part due to Bolton bringing only 400 fans down (on a sunny bank holiday weekend in the school holidays too!). But we rather like it, yes :)

It's better than Withdean, I'd say...

I already had but now you've made me pipe up so what does that make you?

Have I done something to offend you?

Can't remember ever interacting with you on here, yet you step up and have a pop at an observation I've made.

But nice work stepping up to have a go, when you had nothing to do with the conversation.

Have I done something to offend you?

Can't remember ever interacting with you on here, yet you step up and have a pop at an observation I've made.

But nice work stepping up to have a go, when you had nothing to do with the conversation.

Hey I'm entitled to my opinion and I did have something to do with the conversation- I was reading it. If I don't like what you say I will tell you to pipe down, you best keep that in mind and yes you guessed it..... pipe down

Hey I'm entitled to my opinion and I did have something to do with the conversation- I was reading it. If I don't like what you say I will tell you to pipe down, you best keep that in mind and yes you guessed it..... pipe down

Thanks for the input, but I'll pass, being that I'm also entitled to my opinion, and can put it up here until the mods disagree.

That free speech; what a bummer, huh? 

As for if you like it or not; being that your idea of constructive critique is to tell me to shut up (sorry; "pipe down", how very antiquated) you'll understand why I'm not going to pay you any attention anymore.

And on that note; say hello to my blocked list!  Ten years posting here and you join a club of exactly two.  So, congrats on being the second most stupid person I've met online in this place in a decade; you're a real go-getter.  Enjoy posting your inevitable 'desperate-for-the-last-word' response to dead air, because I'll not be reading it.

Please do also feel free to block my posts too if you're not interested in them; saves you needing to tell me to "pipe down" (again, well done on your insightful contribution; you're clearly a bright one!) in future

Cheerio!  And (as unlikely as I imagine it will be based on our interactions) have a happy and fulfilling existence!

Archived