IGNORED

Cotts Interview On Agard And Sammy

fabio

hummmm, that does not sound too promising....... perfer the proven SB to the one season wonder (to date) of KB....

dont think many other city fars would want to swap either...

Of course one could argue that last season was the first time that both players scored 20+ goals.  

Sounds very much to me that the club expect someone to meet their valuation for Baldock and that he'd (Baldock) like to see the deal happen - hence why we have concluded the Agard deal now and not risked being on 1 September with various prospects such as:

- Losing Baldock and no time to replace or replacements moved elsewhere;

- Keep Baldock against his wishes (albeit with the expectation he'd be professional about it)

- Have Baldock playing within himself due to the risk of injury and his being out of contract.

If no-one meets the valuation I think the club see Agard as an astute insurance buy now, hence getting the deal done and would be happy to have them both on the books if it turned out that way.

I think someone else has already made enquiries but city arnt going to let him go unless his value is met

Yeah, Brighton.

Cotterill was guest speaker at today's Senior Reds lunch and he said pretty much what he said in his interview. He added that Brighton had made 6 bids for Baldock and all but the 6th one were derisory.

He was an excellent speaker, punchy and to the point. Very amusing as well.

Even if we don't lose Baldock now, I think Cotterill has got us a potential replacement for next season. If we don't go up then Baldock (and JET) probably won't sign new deals and having Agard now guarantees us a goalscorer for the next couple of seasons at least, rather than potentially panic buying next season if we have no strikers.

The moment he said signing Agard was insuring us for the future, my immediate thoughts were that baldock would be gone.

The attitude has gone from 'we will not sell him' to 'if his valuation is met we would consider it' and to me, that says they are expecting to lose him.

If so, then so be it but it better be for a bloody good price and we best invest it in a bloody good keeper.

I'm part resigned to losing baldock and we have actually got 7 points out of 9 without any influence from baldock so maybe there is life after him.... Who knows...

Even if we don't lose Baldock now, I think Cotterill has got us a potential replacement for next season. If we don't go up then Baldock (and JET) probably won't sign new deals and having Agard now guarantees us a goalscorer for the next couple of seasons at least, rather than potentially panic buying next season if we have no strikers.

Said pretty much this on the Agard thread. Sure the preferred option is to keep all 4 strikers but realistically Sammy may go in this window or the next. The lack of a new signed contract speaks volumes and can't see Sammy here come February and getting in Agard now ensures we have the continuity of a proven League 1 goalscorer. Well done Cotts and SL.

Yeah, Brighton.

Cotterill was guest speaker at today's Senior Reds lunch and he said pretty much what he said in his interview. He added that Brighton had made 6 bids for Baldock and all but the 6th one were derisory.

Reading between the lines of what he said in that interview i.e. to paraphrase "there might be a twist in the tale.  We keep our business in house but I think someone else might be interested and, if he does go, we hope it'll be to a club that'll pay what he's worth" - I suspect he knows someone other than Brighton is going to bid for Baldock and that Baldock might be tempted by it.  I could be wrong but I don't think SC expects him to be at the club come August 31st.

The attitude has gone from 'we will not sell him' to 'if his valuation is met we would consider it' ..

I'm not sure we've ever come out and specifically said "we will not sell him".....it's been more we don't want to sell him or we don't need to sell him but we have known all along that if the right offer comes in and sam's interested then he'll go

You offered 300k for league one top scorer!

Britt Assombalonga went for 5-8 million!?

Sam is still only 25, he's not even in his prime age yet.

If you don't ask you don't get.  I would do the same, offer low keep low and work the sellers down if you can.  Makes sense, be it stingy or not.

Reading between the lines of what he said in that interview i.e. to paraphrase "there might be a twist in the tale.  We keep our business in house but I think someone else might be interested and, if he does go, we hope it'll be to a club that'll pay what he's worth" - I suspect he knows someone other than Brighton is going to bid for Baldock and that Baldock might be tempted by it.  I could be wrong but I don't think SC expects him to be at the club come August 31st.

I wonder who it could be ? Leeds Utd anyone ?

Yeah, Brighton.

I thought Chaterhouse rules applied at the Senior reds, sir.

Naughty Naughty

Don't think Sam will go in this window. I think much will depend we are at Xmas. If we are top or 2nd and looking good for automatic promotion I think he'll sign a 2 year extension, if we're not, he'll be sold for about a million in Jan.

That's a lot of certainties for something completely uncertain.

So many 'what ifs' you could apply to that; I don't know where to start.

Let's just see what happens over the next week and a bit before making such bold and wild predictions.

That's a lot of certainties for something completely uncertain.

So many 'what ifs' you could apply to that; I don't know where to start.

Let's just see what happens over the next week and a bit before making such bold and wild predictions.

I think Donald Rumsfeld summarised the Sam B situation perfectly:

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know.
There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know.
But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

That makes it a whole lot clearer!

Archived