IGNORED

Buying The New Shirt - Hardly Rocket Science, Or So I Thought...

kmpowell

As we all know, on the 7th of August the P&L shirt went on sale. Eager to get my grubby little mitts on one I phoned the shop at 8.55am first thing to place an order. A chap took all my details, confirmed they had stock and said it would be posted the same day.

Great I thought, what could go wrong with that?

Well, Wednesday the 13th came along, and I was still waiting for a shirt to arrive and my card still hadn't been charged, so I dropped an email to the club shop enquiring about my order. Marie Longhurst replies telling me they had my order but no credit card details were on file, so they'll ring me to confirm the details.

2 days go by, and despite a few follow up emails by myself, there's no phone call from the shop and no response to my emails.

Late Friday evening on the 15th came along, and I get a call out of the blue from somebody in the megastore with a story that Hans Christian Andersen would have been proud of. She said they had two separate orders from two people named Kevin Powell, both for an adult Pro-fit Medium (what are the chances of that hey!), and whilst I live in London the other Kevin Powell works on the turnstiles and would be paying cash. Which is why the orders were mixed up. I really couldn't be bothered to get into an argument about the so called other ' Kevin Powell' so I just gave my credit card details again and she said it would be dispatched on Monday 18th first thing.

4 days go by and finally today, Thursday the 21st, low & behold the shirt arrives, a whole two weeks and much hassle later.

Sadly the saga doesn't end there. The shirt looks like it's been dragged across a dirty shop floor, the RSG sponsor is dirty and isn't pressed on correctly (inconsistent dimple patches), and the Poplar Insulations on the back is lopsided and not in centre.

Can I be bothered to ring up and get into a slanging match with the shop, and pay for return postage etc etc, probably not, but I feel I should out of principle.

I just don't understand how a customer service driven business can be so bad at getting the little/simple things right.

Moan over.

As we all know, on the 7th of August the P&L shirt went on sale. Eager to get my grubby little mitts on one I phoned the shop at 8.55am first thing to place an order. A chap took all my details, confirmed they had stock and said it would be posted the same day.

Well, Wednesday the 13th came along, and I was still waiting for a shirt to arrive and my card still hadn't been charged, so I dropped an email to the club shop enquiring about my order. Marie Longhurst replies telling me they had my order but no credit card details were on file, so they'll ring me to confirm the details.

2 days go by, and despite a few follow up emails by myself, there's no phone call from the shop and no response to my emails.

Late Friday evening on the 15th came along, and I get a call out of the blue from somebody in the megastore with a story that Hans Christian Andersen would have been proud of. She said they had two separate orders from two people named Kevin Powell, both for an adult Pro-fit Medium (what are the chances of that hey!), and whilst I live in London the other Kevin Powell works on the turnstiles and would be paying cash. Which is why the orders were mixed up. I really couldn't be bothered to get into an argument about the so called other ' Kevin Powell' so I just gave my credit card details again and she said it would be dispatched on Monday 18th first thing.

4 days go by and finally today, Thursday the 21st, low & behold the shirt arrives, a whole two weeks and much hassle later.

Sadly the saga doesn't end there. The shirt looks like it's been dragged across a dirty shop floor, the RSG sponsor is dirty and isn't pressed on correctly (inconsistent dimple patches), and the Poplar Insulations on the back is lopsided and not in centre.

Can I be bothered to ring up and get into a slanging match with the shop, and pay for return postage etc etc, probably not, but I feel I should out of principle.

I just don't understand how a customer service driven business can be so bad at getting the little/simple things right.

Moan over.

Off the pitch is an absolute shambles I'm afraid with no sign of improvement.

It's a shame

That's terrible, sounds like they were desperate to fulfilling your order they picked one up from the floor...maybe the dressing room floor at Sheff Utd.

Seriously, although it is hassle you have a duty to complain. Not only for you and your wallet, not a cheap item after all is it, but also for the rest of us who might face similar 'service' in the future.

Maybe email a couple of photos t them and see what the response is, if not go higher. I always find that gets things moving.

It makes me sad to read incidents like this when he club on the whole have seemingly tried to improve customer service, one step forward and one step back again it seems.

Moan over.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Seriously there is no excuse and you should be getting a full refund.

When I was in the shop choosing my top pre season I had the luxury of being able to do my own quality audit. I went through at least a dozen shirts before I found one good enough to purchase. Even then I missed a small hole.

Online you're on a hiding to nothing.

Absolutely ring up/e-mail or go down there. If you're not happy with it and its damaged i'd get money back or a replacement as a minimum. Not good service at all.

I'd also add that im sure City would not be happy with the service they provided and would want you to get in touch to get it sorted - as would most companies.

Under consumer contracts regulation (or something of that name) as the goods were paid for over the phone/online you have 14 days from date of delivery to return the goods and receive a full refund including any delivery charged AND cost of returning items if they are not of an acceptable quality or as advertised. Safe to say this shirt and your circumstances fall safely into this bracket.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

How's it bollocks? Your talking nonesense

It's ironic that you can't even spell it, and Dave L's prompt response tells you everything you need to know.

I went to the club shop to buy a white away shirt, but couldn't find one example in my size that didn't have some sort of flaw. 

That's not unique to Bristol Sport. Everyone's conveniently forgotten the quality of the Bristol Trade Centre logo on the shirts under both TFG and Puma.

Yours is the worst club shop cock up I've come across. No doubt you have a case to answer and no doubt DaveL will sort it for you.

That said, the real issue is that it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Whenever I visit the shop there are always young looking assistants who (probably due their age) lack any customer service skills. That could be down to inadequate training I suppose.

I ordered a home and away shirt on line, took a while to fulfill the order but both were fine, I've ordered two P&L's for Xmas pressies, won't get them until November, hopefully they'll be ok, if they aren't I'm sure they club will either refund or exchange without any drama.

You can get poor customer service from any retail outlet, our shop isn't an exception. I have never had anything but good, courteous service whenever I have been in there.

Early days with the kit supply, bit like the disruption with the ground re-development, we need to make allowances and appreciate the effort that is being put in on and off the field to drive our great club forward.

It's ironic that you can't even spell it, and Dave L's prompt response tells you everything you need to know.

That's not unique to Bristol Sport. Everyone's conveniently forgotten the quality of the Bristol Trade Centre logo on the shirts under both TFG and Puma.

It's ironic you had to edit your post!

If you think things are good off the pitch then that's fine by me, I personally think it's still poor and a great deal of improvement needs to be made.

Feel free to spell check the post.

It's ironic you had to edit your post!

If you think things are good off the pitch then that's fine by me, I personally think it's still poor and a great deal of improvement needs to be made.

Feel free to spell check the post.

I added a second quote but thanks for your concern petal.

If there's no sign of improvement why is Dave here? It's so easy to throw shit from behind a keyboard.

That's bollocks but whatever.

kmpowell, that sucks, I'd get in touch with them. If you rant and rave they might sort you out with something.

I added a second quote but thanks for your concern petal.

If there's no sign of improvement why is Dave here? It's so easy to throw shit from behind a keyboard.

Hmmm...yes it is isn't it?

Don't you just hate it when the multiverses collide and then your doppelganger takes all your stuff... boo

• Admin

You can get poor customer service from any retail outlet, our shop isn't an exception. I have never had anything but good, courteous service whenever I have been in there.

Early days with the kit supply, bit like the disruption with the ground re-development, we need to make allowances and appreciate the effort that is being put in on and off the field to drive our great club forward.

Very true about possibility of getting poor customer service elsewhere, but this is a Bristol City Forum not a Marks and Spencer forum.

I do agree with last paragraph above, but to me surely someone launching something new would be extra vigilant on quality etc as starting with a poor reputation could be near enough impossible to turn around in the future

Archived