IGNORED

One Thing That Pisses Me Off

chivers88

It's actually hard to understand posts that don't use at least some basic punctuation and it's not difficult to do.  If your opinion is important enough to you to write down why don't you take ten seconds extra to make it possible to read easily?  Nobody really picks at typos or the odd spelling mistake.  

Why should I make my posts easy to read?

I take your point it just frustrates me when some one comes out with a very reasonable post only to get shot down on how they wrote it! Surely the the content of the post is much more important then the spelling or the full stops.

i couldnt agree with you more Chivs, i cannot stand spelling nitpickers. you get it on all forums tho,it just niggles some people.i do wonder tho if those that pick up on it have nothing better or cannot think of anything better to say. it must be frustrating to some who arent naturally grammar gifted to actually put a good post together only to have it picked at by these nit pickers. i would also say it must put a few off posting at all.

i do agree tho that predictive or text talk is i deffo no no. 

i couldnt agree with you more Chivs, i cannot stand spelling nitpickers. you get it on all forums tho,it just niggles some people.i do wonder tho if those that pick up on it have nothing better or cannot think of anything better to say. it must be frustrating to some who arent naturally grammar gifted to actually put a good post together only to have it picked at by these nit pickers. i would also say it must put a few off posting at all.

Grammar gifted? That's a new one!

I so hope you're right

Whilst content is indeed more important than grammar, I still believe that correct grammar is very important.

I might be at a slight advantage because I took English literature and language at A-level, though that was only because the teacher was really hot. I mean she was jail sentence hot.

On this forum is the constant picking up on spelling and bad grammar even if the post is a very good post people still have a pick and moan at the spelling and grammar why are u all ******* English teachers or what let people have there opinion and if they don't spell it wright or have no punctuation like I haven't through this whole post so what!

You could have done with a full stop and a comer or two in there.  

Trolls be damned..

I have been haunted in sleepless nights by the number of unpunctuated statements posted on this forum before but, no longer... 

... just get your massages out to all the peeps, y'all

..we get it .. no dramas .. so speak up

Whilst content is indeed more important than grammar, I still believe that correct grammar is very important.

I might be at a slight advantage because I took English literature and language at A-level, though that was only because the teacher was really hot. I mean she was jail sentence hot.

Mine too. He did get a jail sentence.

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Just goes to show that maybe spelling isn't so important after all!

It's a forum not a CV or job application, lighten up.

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

That is brilliant!

i think that if your going to wright a post it means you want people to read it and listen to your point of view so i think it is only common cuotosy to meet them half way and an try to present and expressed yourselve to as reasonable standard as u can, it is also not hard to press the return button and break your writing up as i often don't finish reading posts what don't do that. when was the last time someone moaned about bad grammar or spelling anyway you would of thought it was happening all the time but most of the grammer nazis have lernt not to do it as it is not nice! I do think on the most posts are coherent enough to understand but some common mistakes just make the poster look like there dumb and should of went to infant school but some people didn't go to school so you have to be nice it really doesn't matter

Redcityman , that post sums up everything for me, I am pretty sure there are hundreds on here, who don't post for fear of being shot down by either the ' football masters ' or  the English a* lot on here .

As an American, it's almost as if I had to learn a whole new language to read this forum. Not just the words (slang), and the different way you spell things sometimes, but the whole cadence and structure of the sentence is different than American English. 

I know I've been hanging around here too much when I mention to a co-worker that I was going on holiday, and they gave me a blank stare. Sorry, I mean vacation. :) 

Well I've never been to school, never been to college

Sooner be dead that stuff me head with a load of useless knowledge

I never couldn't see no point in history

'Cos I weren't there, so I don't care,

So don't tell I, tell 'E!

For all intensive purposes...

This should be looked at - http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/25-common-phrases-that-youre-saying-wrong.html

It might peak your interest.

Yeah of course take advice from someone dismissing a phrase as incorrect when he doesn't even know the meaning of a phrase or where it came from!

Also half those examples he has given I have never heard anyone say them the way he purports them.

5/10 must try harder. ;)

Archived