IGNORED

England V India Odi

Bristol Rob

I've got a ticket, but decided last night (after seeing the rubbishy weather forecast) to stay at home and follow any progress of play on Sky Sports and rock up if any play is going to happen.  Fortunately only 15-20 minutes from the ground so can play it by ear. 

My prediction is that I won't be watching any live cricket today :grr:

I've got a ticket, but decided last night (after seeing the rubbishy weather forecast) to stay at home and follow any progress of play on Sky Sports and rock up if any play is going to happen.  Fortunately only 15-20 minutes from the ground so can play it by ear. 

My prediction is that I won't be watching any live cricket today :grr:

Will you get your money back?

You can exchange your ticket for tomorrows match in Cardiff, I'm going to that, so here's hoping the rain holds off, or else it will turn into a Cardiff pub crawl.....

Yeah, I gave that some thought, but the weather forecast seemed grim again when I looked last night, doesn't seem quite as bad now, you should get a good deal of play, possibly a Duckworth Lewis job?  Enjoy your day, however it turns out!

Stokes and Jordan out for me, get Finn back in and Broad back when he's fit, Tredwell to play till after the world cup then I'd look to introduce a young spinner, Briggs maybe.

Pre World Cup:

Cook

Hales

Taylor

Root

Morgan

Buttler

Bopara (Broad in when fit)

Woakes

Tredwell

Anderson

Finn

Ravi is good enough to be at 7 for England imo, just not good enough to be right up the order. An economy of under 5 as well is decent enough for 5th bowler and adds something different. Enough until Broad is back from injury anyway.

After World Cup:

1) Hales

2) Kieswetter

3) Vince

4) Taylor

5) Morgan ©

6) Buttler

7) ________

8) Woakes

9) Broad

10) Briggs

11) Finn

Can't quite decide on the last player, I was thinking about maybe slotting Tom Smith in somewhere, having a good season so far, give him a go while in form. Go with Kieswetter with Hales at the top to really try and get off to a good start. The middle order is plenty capable of adjusting.

• Admin

Jordan was shocking, we were sat in amongst a big section of Indians, they were ripping the piss out of Jordan come the end, he was responsible for nearly 1/3 of the Indian total, never seen a bowler at that level give away so many extras.

Still at least the rain held off and we found a couple of decent pubs in Cardiff after the game to wash away the memory of a poor performance.

what is this ODI you speak of? there is only test cricket......

its about time we treated OD cricket differently then test cricket, by this I mean a different coach, captain and team of selectors, england have been doing the same things wrong for almost 20 years now, we aren't even on par with the likes of ireland and holland when it comes to ODI's

what is this ODI you speak of? there is only test cricket......

its about time we treated OD cricket differently then test cricket, by this I mean a different coach, captain and team of selectors, england have been doing the same things wrong for almost 20 years now, we aren't even on par with the likes of ireland and holland when it comes to ODI's

Apparently after our first 13 overs we had 10 overs of dot balls. I mean what on earth are we doing? we seriously need to get people in charge of this team with some different tactics. Cook certainly needs to just play test cricket.

Apparently after our first 13 overs we had 10 overs of dot balls. I mean what on earth are we doing? we seriously need to get people in charge of this team with some different tactics. Cook certainly needs to just play test cricket.

we are more concurned with hitting the ropes or trying to smack it out of the ground,

if batting well there should only be 1 or 2 dot balls an over, 6 singles an over for 50 overs is 300, when was the last time england even got close to that score

we are more concurned with hitting the ropes or trying to smack it out of the ground,

if batting well there should only be 1 or 2 dot balls an over, 6 singles an over for 50 overs is 300, when was the last time england even got close to that score

60 out of the first 78 balls dot balls. Disgraceful. Like you said 300 is the par score these days against the top teams.

It's the ridiculously negative 'wait for the bad ball' coaching that is still preached at grassroots cricket. The best batsmen in the world can score a run of pretty much every delivery. It shouldn't be waiting for the bad ball, it should be waiting for the good one.

Doesn't help that our bowlers are poor in limited overs cricket too.

It's a shambles to be honest.

It's the ridiculously negative 'wait for the bad ball' coaching that is still preached at grassroots cricket. The best batsmen in the world can score a run of pretty much every delivery. It shouldn't be waiting for the bad ball, it should be waiting for the good one.

Doesn't help that our bowlers are poor in limited overs cricket too.

It's a shambles to be honest.

we go into a ODI in a test match mindset, to me that says the coaching is wrong,

Batsmen like cook and bell should never be picked for a ODI, they are great batsmen but they are innings builders not quick scorers, I thought we were starting to get it right in the 20/20 when we started picking players like Nixon who could come in a whack the ball but then we didn't kick on,

They need to explain in depth why Tredwell was dropped (our leading wicket taker and 4th highest batsman)

Why we continue to pick 3 seamers who all bowl the same speed and same type of ball,

its like we've leaned nothing, where gidman or Taylor both fantastic in the limited overs game and it would of been an ideal chance to see them in the international set up,

we go into a ODI in a test match mindset, to me that says the coaching is wrong,

Batsmen like cook and bell should never be picked for a ODI, they are great batsmen but they are innings builders not quick scorers, I thought we were starting to get it right in the 20/20 when we started picking players like Nixon who could come in a whack the ball but then we didn't kick on,

They need to explain in depth why Tredwell was dropped (our leading wicket taker and 4th highest batsman)

Why we continue to pick 3 seamers who all bowl the same speed and same type of ball,

its like we've leaned nothing, where gidman or Taylor both fantastic in the limited overs game and it would of been an ideal chance to see them in the international set up,

Haha, Gloucs players representing the three lions? Do not be absurd. Look at the career Alleyne had. One of the best one day players of a generation. Smithy was a left arm swing bowler in a period when we didn't really have one (Alan ******* Mullaley) 

The fact that Dernbach is the only bowler in the country that appears to have any real variations (he's also shite) is so damning on the quality of coaching in this country.

What a shambles. Crap from England with both bat and ball.

Still......we won the test series which matters. No-one remembers the ODI results.

Your second statement embodies the attitude which is the problem. We should be looking for solutions to win in all forms of the game, otherwise what's the point in competing? If that's an integrated approach or entirely seperate teams it matters not, just find the best way to be successful

For the next match, Cook has to go for me. I'd move Balance to open as he's durable (poor shot aside today) but can accelerate once he gets in and would be a great foil for Hales. Ali could come it at 3, keep Root and Morgan and obviously Buttler. Then we need to figure out our bowling line up and that's where I'm a touch stumped! Broad should be there when fit, Finn doesn't have the control to play ODIs and Anderson needs a rest

Your second statement embodies the attitude which is the problem. We should be looking for solutions to win in all forms of the game, otherwise what's the point in competing? If that's an integrated approach or entirely seperate teams it matters not, just find the best way to be successful

For the next match, Cook has to go for me. I'd move Balance to open as he's durable (poor shot aside today) but can accelerate once he gets in and would be a great foil for Hales. Ali could come it at 3, keep Root and Morgan and obviously Buttler. Then we need to figure out our bowling line up and that's where I'm a touch stumped! Broad should be there when fit, Finn doesn't have the control to play ODIs and Anderson needs a rest

bopra should be in too he is decent with bat and ball in the one day stuff and offers different variation to the indentical bowlers cook loves

bopra should be in too he is decent with bat and ball in the one day stuff and offers different variation to the indentical bowlers cook loves

How many chances is Bopara going to be given? I agree he offers good variation in theory, but in practice he doesn't score enough runs and doesn't take enough wickets on a regular basis

Archived