IGNORED

Bank Holiday Monday Game

bcfc@downend

I don't understand why more games are not played this time of year when the weather is nicer rather than Jan/Feb when games regularly get called off because of the weather.

I am sure nlbr league or league 3 as they would like to know it..... Will benefit if they have a full programme ( I don't know )

I don't understand why more games are not played this time of year when the weather is nicer rather than Jan/Feb when games regularly get called off because of the weather.

+1.

Trouble is policing though as other events occur on a BH Monday. Some years back City were scheduled to be away to Colchester on the Monday afternoon. Essex Constab announced they'd be in attendance at a jazz festival that was taking place that day. They made CU move the game to Tuesday night. That affected the gate as not so many City fans made the trip as would have done for the Monday afternoon. I think Colchester could have sued the police for "loss of potential income" as it's not the club's fault the Police can't attend two events simultaneously.

League cup second round this week, JPT the following week.

Exactly.  

And let's not be too down about it, because it means that when we come to play S****horpe a week on Saturday, they'll have played an extra two games between now and then.  And unless they change around their form, that could play right into our hands.

We need this week to get the likes of Agard settled, and perhaps consider how we'll get back to winning ways.  Reckon we'll be thankful for the time off just now when we have six games in 21 days (five league and JPT 2nd round) in October.  It's a marathon not a sprint.

Archived