IGNORED

So Who Is To Be Our New Captain..? (Merged)

Vincent Vega

Wade Elliot for me.

Many people were questioning Flints place in the team a few weeks ago - Now he's most people's choice as Captain!

Granted he has proved his value to the team in recent days - Just like Wade's experience. Only question mark over Wade would be if he has the stamina for the role - but for his age he seems to cope well.

Wade Elliot for me.

Many people were questioning Flints place in the team a few weeks ago - Now he's most people's choice as Captain!

Granted he has proved his value to the team in recent days - Just like Wade's experience. Only question mark over Wade would be if he has the stamina for the role - but for his age he seems to cope well.

Those 'many people' were quite simply wrong.

David beckham was England captain he isn't the most intelligent,I

Flint has good organisation skills and is committed two good things to have in a captain,

Out of interest who is our vice captain? Wouldn't they now get the role?

Beckham isn't actually that thick just sounds it, I always thought he was as well till watched some stuff, granted he's not the most intelligent but not as thick as people make out.

Not sure who I'd go for like most I prefer a center half but reckon Smith would be a good call but could be Pack as he's been handed it before when Baldock gone off.

Flint isn't a captain - SOD said so..............

Seriously though, people think he's captain material cos he looks hard and is committed. There's more to it than that - intelligence and being able to bridge the gap between the manager and the players is key. Flint doesn't give one the impression he's like that - more that he'd happily put a tackle in with his head.

Flint seems to have a great relationship with John pemberton

I agree that captaincy may put Flint off his stride - if anything I'd give it to Williams of the 3 centre halves but think it will go to Wade with Korey Smith to take it on in Elliott's absence

However, I think it's clear from the recent surge during Baldock's captaincy with Cotterill in charge, organisation isn't the problem - we have leaders now and the captain's armband has almost become decorative.

Could you say the only things required of our captain are to be a role model to the younger players  (ie. squad & youth team) and a starter?

Which could well be Aden Flint

Pack to the armband against Sheffield United when baldock went off. Eliott was off the pitch too though. I'd give it to Flint, Eliott or Fielding.

Fielding really? I guess if we don't sign another keeper he'll be in the team every week.. don't think many fans would be too happy by it though! 

When Osborn returns will we see Flint gently pushed out again perhaps? Ideally I'd like to see a few more months of Flint to see if he can maintain his good form... impossble I know which is why this is such a difficult decision.

Smith or Elliot? Dead cert starters, especially Smith

Hopefully Cotts will pick a captain over the next couple of days

Wade Elliott, with Korey Smith when/if Wade doesn't play.

Agree with this. Then at the end of the season when Elliott will likely retire Smith can take it on full time.

Don't want to put Flint off of his own game, been brilliant so far this season.

So Wade Elliot new captain, makes sense.

Obvious choice for me. Leads by example and has the right experience. Glad Wade has got it.

Not sure why some wanted Flint. Still young and isn't really a leader. Plus he's playing very very well so we don't want to put him off his stride. That said he could potentially be a good captain but too early for him I feel.

Obvious choice for me. Leads by example and has the right experience. Glad Wade has got it.

Not sure why some wanted Flint. Still young and isn't really a leader. Plus he's playing very very well so we don't want to put him off his stride. That said he could potentially be a good captain but too early for him I feel.

Flint and Baldock are actually the same age, and SB was given the captaincy a year ago at 24.

I'd say Flint is a leader, very much so in fact - a very unusually vocal and passionate player.

Nevertheless more than happy with Wade, my only qualms were his likelihood of being available for every game and his form so far this season.

Class is permanent though and as SC is going for experience to lead a relatively young squad, I'm sure he'll do a great job.

Flint and Baldock are actually the same age, and SB was given the captaincy a year ago at 24.

I'd say Flint is a leader, very much so in fact - a very unusually vocal and passionate player.

Nevertheless more than happy with Wade, my only qualms were his likelihood of being available for every game and his form so far this season.

Class is permanent though and as SC is going for experience to lead a relatively young squad, I'm sure he'll do a great job.

Absolutely, and by appointing Wade Elliot as captain, this gives us two leaders.

Archived