IGNORED

So Who Is To Be Our New Captain..? (Merged)

Vincent Vega

Wade Elliot, no brainer,

Done it all in the football league, he's am experienced, level headed player, who sets the standards on the pitch.

No brainer for me.

But also likely to only be here this season. Might make sense to be planning for the future. Flint looks like he's getting better and better, and the captaincy could give him an added incentive to stay here should he attract attention in January/next summer should we not be doing so well.

Oh yes hadn't thought of him, yes possibly.

I like Karleigh but I'd put Flint or Wade ahead of him as captain material. Flint is certainly the most obviously passionate player I've seen at the club in a while, whilst he might not be the most technically gifted player, there's no doubting his desire and committment to the cause. Good captain material IMO. Very vocal, not afraid to tell people (Fielding) when they're twatting about !

I'd stick it on Wade, think he'd take it in his stride, otherwise Korey Smith maybe? Was Oldham's captain so knows what sort of thing the job entails, just depends whether the squad would be okay with a new player taking it.

My concern with Flint is that he gets thrown off by mistakes quite a bit, how his leadership would be effected could be a problem.

Flint isn't a captain - SOD said so..............

Seriously though, people think he's captain material cos he looks hard and is committed.  There's more to it than that - intelligence and being able to bridge the gap between the manager and the players is key.  Flint doesn't give one the impression he's like that - more that he'd happily put a tackle in with his head.

Seriously though, people think he's captain material cos he looks hard and is committed. There's more to it than that - intelligence and being able to bridge the gap between the manager and the players is key. Flint doesn't give one the impression he's like that - more that he'd happily put a tackle in with his head.

David beckham was England captain he isn't the most intelligent,

Flint has good organisation skills and is committed two good things to have in a captain,

Out of interest who is our vice captain? Wouldn't they now get the role?

Seriously though, people think he's captain material cos he looks hard and is committed.  There's more to it than that - intelligence and being able to bridge the gap between the manager and the players is key.  Flint doesn't give one the impression he's like that - more that he'd happily put a tackle in with his head.

For me, the best qualities in a captain are organisation, vocal skills (i.e. shouting your instructions at team mates), committment, desire and passion, and I think Flint possesses all of those qualities. Intelligent? Baldock is one of the more intelligent players we've had, but I'm not convinced he was the best captain.

I like a centre back as captain, so Flint would certainly get my vote. Ultimately whoever Cotts picks I'll get behind.

But it has to be someone who is pretty much guaranteed a start, or it's pointless. I'd say really the main contenders are Flint, Elliott, Smith and Little. Cotts strikes me as the type who would like a more defensive player to be his captain, but that's based on nothing other than my own judgement!

Archived