IGNORED

Danny Rose: England

SuperRed

I think you are forgetting that players can improve. He is first choice left back for a top six Premier League team. He isn't terrible.

Best English left backs in order are probably

Baines

Shaw - injured

Gibbs - injured

Rose

So fair enough he gets picked.

None of that lot are world class. Depressing

Left backs one of Englands strongest positions, with Baines and Shaw. Then there's Gibbs, who is a very good player.

There's then Matty Targett and Ryan Bertrand, both are highly rated at Southampton, and theirs fans seem to think that Targett will be better than Shaw.

Unfortunately two of these are injured. But rose has been playing well for Spurs this season, and quite rightly has got the nod above other left backs.

What really will surprise me, is if Clyne is left out behind Johnson. Clyne is the best English left back, and Johnson is dog poo.

Does this mean that we can now call him "Super Danny Rose", go and purchase an England shirt with "Rose" written on the back, update Famous Bristolian Sports people on Wikipedia to state "Danny Rose - England International - and former Bristol City player", can we go on Facebook mixing England talk with Bristol City talk, upload pictures of our William Hill betting slips with ex-Bristol City player Danny Rose to score first, and jack ourselves off every time his name is mentioned during the international?.......Oh right, this only applies to Gaselona fans and Rickie Lambert.

If it has come to calling up players like Danny Rose we may as well focus on the Championship and giving players a chance to rediscover pride for the shirt. He sure isn't world class, along with the very vast majority of that team (if not all of it). If we're already going for sub-standard lets go for sub-standard but with pride rather than prima donnas

Jack Colback and Fabian Delph called up as well :blink:

And Andros Townsend who can't get in the Spurs team.

Still, I suppose at least it's not the same old faces.

World class my arse.

Agreed. Awful team. Also Milner, Lambert and Welbeck.

Also no surprise to see Hodgson immedietly jump on the Chambers bandwagon. The guy has less then 50 games prem experience, no u21 caps, but as soon as Arsenal buy him, he is called up.

Deary me, this is the best we got? Terrible.

Agreed. Awful team. Also Milner, Lambert and Welbeck.

Also no surprise to see Hodgson immedietly jump on the Chambers bandwagon. The guy has less then 50 games prem experience, no u21 caps, but as soon as Arsenal buy him, he is called up.

Deary me, this is the best we got? Terrible.

call em up! **** natural progression **** it ruin them early then in a couple of years we slag them off for not being quite good enough whilst calling the next 18 year old to come out of southamptons academy! :angry:

that is probably the worst England squad i've ever seen. Think people will really see now how good Lampard and Gerrard are. 

Jack Colback replacing one of them???? No words 

To be fair, Colback is only in because of the injuries to Lallana and Barkley. Arguably James Ward Prowse should have got the call in those circumstances. Adam Johnson can probably consider himself unlucky not to have got the call either.

Overall the squad does look weak, though. Add in the six or seven injured players (Walcott, Shaw, Gibbs, Lallana, Barkley, Flanagan and Rodriguez) and it would probably improve, but we urgently need some of the highly rated under 19 and under 17 players to come through.

To be fair the injury list is ridiculous. I would like to think a few of these players won't get near the squad when we have a fully fit squad to pick from. 

I personally would have had James Ward-Prowse in over Colback or Delph and Eric Dier in for Jagielka. Not sure why Hodgson is sticking with the likes of Jagielka to be honest,

Archived