IGNORED

New East End Images

BFG

Isn't this all getting a bit daft, that the old EE has been knocked down and not a single fan has seen what the new one would look like.

We keep being told it would be soon, last it would be the end of May, that's 3 months ago now.

When will the club show us designs of the new stand? Why is their a delay in showing us a proper image of it.

Images were revealed at the 2 day presentation attended by hundreds of fans last year - doubt the designs would have changed much :(

They have changed massively, I know people who went to a meeting a while ago with the club and that was the last half public design, and it is known to have changed a lot since then.

For example, safe standing at the front, now to be at the back, will there be any safe standing at all now?

Will the front section still be lowered into it's own "stand"?

A lot has changed, but no one knows to what.

The official response from Dave L on the 9th August:

"The club remain committed to the principle of rail seating, and the new south stand (working title) has been designed with this in mind following input from supporters in the early stages of the design phase. However, we still haven't received assurances from a higher authority that these rail seats can be used as seats for football. If we don't get that ruling by the time it comes to order and install the 'hardware' for that part of the stand, then we will have to go with regular seating until such time as the law changes. We will release images of the interior of the stand when this has become clear, and I honestly can't tell you when that will be. 

The construction of the new stand will start in the next few weeks, and the superstructure will be largely up by Christmas, so you should soon begin to get an idea of the scope and shape of the stand.

I would also point out that it is still a year before the stand will be open for use. Long before anybody is asked to commit to buying a ticket for that stand, you will have had plenty of opportunities to see drawings, image and photos, and look around the stand itself.

I can understand the impatience to see what the new stand will look like, but you will have to wait a bit longer I'm afraid."

I'm amazed that the builders are on site yet we still don't know what it will look like.

We must have very flexible planners all of a sudden.

Planners base their decisions on detailed plans, layouts, structural reports, design drawings etc not flash 'fly through' artistic representations..

"The construction of the new stand will start in the next few weeks, and the superstructure will be largely up by Christmas, so you should soon begin to get an idea of the scope and shape of the stand."

"I can understand the impatience to see what the new stand will look like, but you will have to wait a bit longer I'm afraid."

IF fans still can't see pictures of what is supposed to be their South Stanhd gaff by Christmas that wait will have been ONE AND A HALF YEARS since the open day.

This mob are up with the reform group and Europe in five years.

I'm amazed that the builders are on site yet we still don't know what it will look like.

We must have very flexible planners all of a sudden.

The construction company Barr have all the information they require.

Unfortunately the club have for some bizarre reason decided to go against normal practice and have neglected to show the people who will use it for the next twenty-thirty years.

Isn't this all getting a bit daft, that the old EE has been knocked down and not a single fan has seen what the new one would look like.

We keep being told it would be soon, last it would be the end of May, that's 3 months ago now.

When will the club show us designs of the new stand? Why is their a delay in showing us a proper image of it.

There is no hold up. Bristol City and Bristol Sport have decided they do not want fans to see the design.

Renders of the South stand designs could have been released last year. Fundamentally there are only two designs. One design with safe standing at the back of the design, and one without safe standing. Hardly complex.

There are questions regarding the enclosure wall, which are not obviously solved by looking at planning documents, but conceptually there are just two designs.

Bristol City and Bristol Sport have decided despite the talk of full engagement that it is now unnecessary for the supporters of Bristol City FC to see either of these two designs.

Cowshed, I fully agree, surely there is just two images, one With safe standing, one without.

Surely if the club said, were not releasing images you need to wait to see the stand in person, at least that would be better.

Cowshed, I fully agree, surely there is just two images, one With safe standing, one without.

Surely if the club said, were not releasing images you need to wait to see the stand in person, at least that would be better.

Your opening post states it is daft. it is even dafter when the club and now Bristol Sport are doing the opposite of what the FC said they would, and as Manon points out going against normal practice.

Notice Bristol Sport are advertising for a graphic designer this morning - maybe just maybe !

That looked quite interesting until you get to the bottom of the page ;)

The chosen applicant will start the role ASAP and will report to the Head of Marketing. Although this role is unpaid, expenses will be provided. The successful applicant will carry out an initial three-month probationary period.

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/about-us/careers/#graphic

The chosen applicant will start the role ASAP and will report to the Head of Marketing. Although this role is unpaid, expenses will be provided. The successful applicant will carry out an initial three-month probationary period.

WTF is it in this country? Why do employers expect not to pay people for their work FFS.

Go on........Giz a job

post-21472-0-23546800-1409226832.jpg

Notice Bristol Sport are advertising for a graphic designer this morning - maybe just maybe !

It would be an architect who produced the plans, not a graphic designer.  Graphic designers are concerned with making visual things look nice, designing logos, etc.   Architects do architectural plans.

Archived