IGNORED

Bcfc: British Or English?

SARJ

I have no idea why really, but for me the English flag is what I identify with. I look at that flag and I feel like it's "home" or "my country". I look at the Union Jack and think nothing of it, I don't really feel any association with it, if that makes sense. I will always consider myself English, rather than British.

This is the true English flag not that Johnny come lately red cross thingy.

attachicon.gifWhite_Dragon_Flag_of_England.png

That's the Anglo-Saxon flag of England prior to the Norman conquest. I prefer the Anglo-French 3 lions and St George/ Knights Templar holy tabbard of England's great crusader King Richard the Lionheart. God Bless England's crusaders !!!!!!!....

B802121.jpg

That's the Anglo-Saxon flag of England prior to the Norman conquest. I prefer the Anglo-French 3 lions and St George/ Knights Templar holy tabbard of England's great crusader King Richard the Lionheart. God Bless England's crusaders !!!!!!!....

B802121.jpg

Indeed it is and it's the last true flag of the real English. Any other flag is not a true English flag n'est ce pas?

B802121.jpg

God Bless English Crusader King Richard the Lionheart :laugh:, the guy could not speak English and also only spent approx 6 months in England in his 9 year as King.  

This is the royal standard of england (3 lions), never seen it at a football match, nice flag though....

1zd0uav.jpg

There is not a picture of it but there was occasionally one in the Eastend.

At England games abroad a group of Brentford fans have displayed a very large Royal Standard frequently.

This is my flag.

I wish I didnt have the Union Jack part.  On hindsight, I wish it were something different.

It still serves a purpose and I am totally proud that I own it.  If I had my chance again, I would totally go for more of a banner than the Cross of St George.

ChrisStoneyStaceMartinMelMikeJay3.jpgStevo

PS Prize if you can name the away ground.  Pub is a give a way mind

Just looking at those pictures, I'll never be convinced by the premier league or its puppet press that now is as good as it gets. I was born 15 years to late.

Oh for yester year. Just thankful I started travelling independently in the mid 90s and caught the dying embers.

Just looking at those pictures, I'll never be convinced by the premier league or its puppet press that now is as good as it gets. I was born 15 years to late.

Oh for yester year. Just thankful I started travelling independently in the mid 90s and caught the dying embers.

It isn't just limited to football. Similar happened to gigs. festivals, and the free party scene. It was sanitized, legislated against and succumbed. What is left is a pale expensive, and duller corporate shadow.

Archived