IGNORED

Bcfc: British Or English?

SARJ

I'd go with the flag of Wessex as the "true" English flag:

insert-image-1-wessex-flag.jpg?w=640

Recalling my medieval population studies the big expansion of Bristol's population was sourced about 50:50 from either side of the Bristol Channel: the wetlands of North Somerset and South Wales.  So we should have a lot more Welsh support than we do.  There should be lost of fans supporting Bristol City and Wales and Bristol City flags on Welsh Dragon banners.

I am ENGLISH.... end of.....always put my country of birth as England and honestly get annoyed when not able to (drop down menus etc)

If the other members of the Un-united Kingdom or Bwitain (as Roy would call it) want independence then jeez in hell so do I.........

FREEDOM FOR ENGLAND!.......

I am English but also British and proud. I think the Union flag is the most impressive flag of all nations. Nothing wrong with the St George flag but the Union flag has something special about it. Get the Union flag out at Meadow Lane and if anybody tries to tell them you should be ashamed of our flag tell them to do one. And by the way there is no danger of the Scots voting to leave the Union, I think the victory could even be as decisive as 60+ NO.

Final point, for anyone who thinks it has been hijacked by the far right, foreign visitors to Britain always purchase goods sporting the Union flag as opposed to the St George one and more recent actions by the EDL has left the St George flag more tainted by the far right IMO.

Not related to the original thread, but I wonder what will happen to the Union flag if the Scots decide to go independent?  It would mean losing the St Andrews cross from the flag, wouldn't it (white saltire cross on blue background)? That would devastate the Union flag.

Archived