IGNORED

Burns.....side, Unit Or Wes

where's the joy

the best i have ever worked with according to SC when he first appeared......and now...... please give Wes a chance, this boy is raw but has real ability from all the games i have seen him in. good movement, good control, vicious pace and a great kick on him.

gerry gow was only 17 when he burst on the scene, so at 19 he is ready

please give this lad a run

Would like to see him get a run, but in place of who?

Agard is a little nippy striker, and will be higher up the pecking order.

Can't see Agard and Burns playing together, they seem too similar, so feel that chances for Wes will be limited and he will be used mainly from the bench against tired defences.

If we keep the ball on the ground why can Agard and Burns not play together -- could put real fear into slow turning defences -- particularly in this league.

Well I can't see JET being backup to Wilbs, Agard and Burns so if we are going to accommodate JET we certainly can't accommodate Burns and Agard too, at least if we persist playing 5 defenders.

Personally id like to see us go to a back 4 and play with proper wide midfielders, then you could potentially accommodate JET, Freeman, Agard and Burns/Wilbs

I.e

-----------------------Wilbs/Agard-------------------

Freeman-----------------JET------------Agard/Burns

----------------------Smith------Elliott----------------

Cunningham---Williams/Osborne---Flint/Ayling-----Little

I think he is well worth keeping at AG this season rather than loaning him out.

The last time we got promoted we only had 3 senior strikers, Brooker, Jevons and Enoch plus Jennison Myrie-Williams.

However Brooker only made a minimal contribution due to injury and his spell in prison.

We now have JET, Wilbraham, Agard and Wes.

To me even with Baldock gone, our strike options now are better than then, Wes is better than Jennison and whilst Enoch was useful neither he nor Jevons are of the calibre of our main three now.

I'd be happy to see Wes on the bench now, play in the JPT and provide cover in the event of injury or suspension to our main three.

If we keep the ball on the ground why can Agard and Burns not play together -- could put real fear into slow turning defences -- particularly in this league.

Akin to Steve Neville and Glyn Riley back in the day.

Good call.

the best i have ever worked with according to SC when he first appeared......and now...... please give Wes a chance, this boy is raw but has real ability from all the games i have seen him in. good movement, good control, vicious pace and a great kick on him.

gerry gow was only 17 when he burst on the scene, so at 19 he is ready

please give this lad a run

Gerry Gow was very special

Much as I approve of passing football, for Cotterill to achieve that it would mean leaving Willbraham on the bench and I'm not convinced Cotterill would do that.

Well I can't see JET being backup to Wilbs, Agard and Burns so if we are going to accommodate JET we certainly can't accommodate Burns and Agard too, at least if we persist playing 5 defenders.

Personally id like to see us go to a back 4 and play with proper wide midfielders, then you could potentially accommodate JET, Freeman, Agard and Burns/Wilbs

I.e

-----------------------Wilbs/Agard-------------------

Freeman-----------------JET------------Agard/Burns

----------------------Smith------Elliott----------------

Cunningham---Williams/Osborne---Flint/Ayling-----Little

Surely we should deploy a goalie as well? No point in making games more difficult.

That aside, I'm liking this team and would love to see it in action but I suspect this won't happen. Freeman is a natural winger and Agard scored most of his goals coming in from the right. Still think Wes is best utilised from the bench and actually feel a month loan elsewhere to play some competitive league games would be a good move.

Wes will get his chance and become a regular in the first team for that I'm sure.

Sadly... It will be at another club.

...can't afford another Arrons ( city academy @ 16 to NCastle prem star @ 18) situation ... must find a way to make the academy pay, don't ask how though, I ain't the manager. If good enough age shouldn't be a factor vs seniority experience etc.. when a youngster comes through someone always has to make way.

Whatever formation we play, there's better plays then wes in our team in the position he plays at the moment, I just don't see where he can fit in.

A well placed loan with a view NOT to sell would be my option ... could do a job for us in the not too distant future.. make a name/reputation for himself elsewhere and come back with a very much enhanced monetary valuation ... at that point, play or sell we shouldn't lose out again.

I don't understand the title, but there must be reasons, Wes is old enough now but successive managers have considered him not quite good enough. He certainly has an impact, but something must be wrong there or else Newcastle would have snapped him up years ago ... :whistle:

Whatever formation we play, there's better plays then wes in our team in the position he plays at the moment, I just don't see where he can fit in.

That's about the size of it. Whether on the wing or up front there are better players than him in the squad. Think he may have a role to play but think it will be mainly for impact from the bench against tired defences.

Surely we should deploy a goalie as well? No point in making games more difficult.

That aside, I'm liking this team and would love to see it in action but I suspect this won't happen. Freeman is a natural winger and Agard scored most of his goals coming in from the right. Still think Wes is best utilised from the bench and actually feel a month loan elsewhere to play some competitive league games would be a good move.

This would be the perfect team for us I think. Both Agard and Freeman are great wingers who would surely thrive in this system. I'd like to see us sign another striker purely for the versatility it brings in having Agard out wide at times. I like a lot about Wilbraham but he's not going to be starting 40+ games a season.

This would be the perfect team for us I think. Both Agard and Freeman are great wingers who would surely thrive in this system. I'd like to see us sign another striker purely for the versatility it brings in having Agard out wide at times. I like a lot about Wilbraham but he's not going to be starting 40+ games a season.

Agreed. We needed another striker before Agard came in and now Sam's gone we find ourselves in the same position.Wes is not a striker.

It seems clear that SC doesn't yet know what his best team or formation is which is understandable with so many new players. I really hope Jet gets a a decent run out today.

Agreed. We needed another striker before Agard came in and now Sam's gone we find ourselves in the same position.Wes is not a striker.

It seems clear that SC doesn't yet know what his best team or formation is which is understandable with so many new players. I really hope Jet gets a a decent run out today.

And neither is JET really - keep seeing about how we have 4 strikers, in my opinion we have 2 out and out strikers in Wilbs and Agard and even then, it seems Agard did most of his business as a winger last season.

And neither is JET really - keep seeing about how we have 4 strikers, in my opinion we have 2 out and out strikers in Wilbs and Agard and even then, it seems Agard did most of his business as a winger last season.

Agard and Freeman are wide men.

Burns and JET are forwards.

Wilbraham is a centre forward / target man.

So really we don't have a out and out striker at all now. I don't mind if that's the case, as long as we score goals!

Archived