IGNORED

Kachina And Itk

Marina's Rolls Royce

Kachina should escape a ban. The guy was admittedly OTT but 100 years ago our ancestors were going OTT and being killed in no man's land. So he expressed an opinion and made it seem convincing. Why the krauts and the Tommies were able to sidle up in no man's land on Xmas day and have a game despite being diametrically opposed. If we can't extend this compassion to one of our own then what chance has any opponent got. We are after all ENGLISHMEN born under the same sun and should act accordingly.

... Much much more than speechless...

. But ok.. I think. Would never relate anything on a forum to our brave folk who fought in the Great War 1. (and any subsequent war for that matter)

We Will Remember Them

On reading the thread I don't think kachina made it up completely.

I suspect he was given some information from someone he thought credible, but then got carried away and embellished it as the thread progressed in an attempt to counter the incredulity with which the rumour was received.

No crime imo, and an entertaining thread.

How about if he'd edited Maynards Wikipedia page himself (which can be done) to make his comments look more real?

How about if he'd edited Maynards Wikipedia page himself (which can be done) to make his comments look more real?

Surely even there, banning him is over the top. He got called out on it straight away and looked daft. It then didn't happen, and he looked dafter.

It makes sense to me that bans should be for abuse, spamming or for serious allegations that could lead to libel claims against OTIB. Anything else should be subjected to debate, ridicule, or individuals' use of "ignore".

Having been on the sauce when I wrote about being OTT last night and this morning rather feared viewing what I'd posted in case it was absolutely ridiculous. But having read it I am in full agreement with my inebriated self with the exception that I wish I had called the Germans Fritz instead of that name associated with a foodstuff as we are all friends now and not just on Xmas Day 1914. We are all EUROPEANS born under the same sun and should act accordingly.

Kachina would've been hailed a hero in the last war as those with a skill for spreading misinformation were valuable such as planting    dead bodies in the sea off Spain with false documents to make it seem to the Nazis that we were going to attack one location when we were he'll bent on attacking somewhere else. If war happened again it's the likes of kachina with his skills who'd win it for us. We won't win it therefore if he's banned from here and made to mend his ways. It's imperative that we ENCOURAGE skills such as spreading misinformation...and boy, have we encouraged on this thread. It may well save our lives one day.

hay aint you the lucky one. hope no one makes lies up in you real life!

I thought lies were lies. so if your kids or friends made up lies that's ok?

Yes because a lie on this dopey site is just as hurtful as one in real life isnt it? FFS.

Sometimes the club might leak a bit of info to test for a leak. I have known this in the past years ago when SD was chairman.

I have heard of the odd case where celebs have cut off contact with a friend because they believedthey were leaking personal info to the papers.

Then several years later they finally heard about phone hacking.

Given the thirst for footie exclusives it must have gone on.

Oh, and congratulations to Kachina for the wind-up of the year.

A rivals site (Twoview) had a how to start a fake rumour guide, the guy who won had their manager denying it on local radio.

Personally I think the lads is an absolute idiot. Who in their right mind does that? It isn't the fact that he simply lied about a transfer, but the depth that he went into it. Changing his wiki page, the story about his medical. It's just weird. Weird, weird, WEIRD.

Having been on the sauce when I wrote about being OTT last night and this morning rather feared viewing what I'd posted in case it was absolutely ridiculous. But having read it I am in full agreement with my inebriated self with the exception that I wish I had called the Germans Fritz instead of that name associated with a foodstuff as we are all friends now and not just on Xmas Day 1914. We are all EUROPEANS born under the same sun and should act accordingly.

Kachina would've been hailed a hero in the last war as those with a skill for spreading misinformation were valuable such as planting dead bodies in the sea off Spain with false documents to make it seem to the Nazis that we were going to attack one location when we were he'll bent on attacking somewhere else. If war happened again it's the likes of kachina with his skills who'd win it for us. We won't win it therefore if he's banned from here and made to mend his ways. It's imperative that we ENCOURAGE skills such as spreading misinformation...and boy, have we encouraged on this thread. It may well save our lives one day.

Still pissed I see ;)

He or she is not :blink:

Fellow admin/mods do a check to see if this member is banned? have i missed something as i can't see in the settings where he/she is banned?

Sod it i'm going out for a pint :drunk2:

No, he's not banned.

Don't get us back on Fish puns .

For heavens hake I hope not.. Astonished the fuss a loan rumoured red-herring managed to cause.

Quite a few of us were caught up in Kachinas fishing net, some even took the bait hook line and sinker.

Took quite a battering for his trouble though when he himself was caught out..

Archived