IGNORED

When Saturday Comes And You Don't Have A Game...

reddogkev

I don't know about you, but I can't stand Saturdays without City playing, and even after all these years - call me old-fashioned - but I've never liked watching Sunday football unless it was an Italian Serie A game, enjoyed after a couple of plates of Sunday lunch, with a bowl of stuffing on the side and at least twenty roasters.

Remember watching Pauley Ince playing for Inter all those years back, now that was Sunday football, or for that matter George Weah tearing teams apart for Milan?

Goaaaaalazzzzzziooo!

But for me, City verse County should be played on a Saturday, and to hell with the cricket, after all, it's cricket, and that's not even a bloody sport... far too boring to watch unless you're inebriated and probably unable to see anything anyway.

So, without our beloved City playing today, this is my completely non-official non-matchday type of thread.  What are you going to be doing with your time?

I'm looking forward to watching Dyche and his Burnley boys thrash LVG's overpaid bunch of crud along with the Argentinian Angel, and after that it's over to Merson, Stelling and the old gang for the usual jokes and footie musings, and to hear what the heck they make of the dinosaur dragging himself out of the Thames (without the help of the Doctor) and joining up with the Palace again.

Anyway, folks, thanks for listening.  Anyone off to watch that Bristol non-league team?  They probably need all the support they can get....

I thought the Mighty Mangoes were doing pretty well?

Indeed, I see they are at home to Cribbs today in the Southern Football League.  They would still love the extra support, and seeing as they are the biggest non-league team in the city, then perhaps it might be worth a watch.

Forgot to say that two of the lads who write the proggie and man the club shop at Cossham St are staunch City fans called Bob and Dave. Bob continually boasts about having once sat on John Atyeo's knee....It put our star striker out for 6 weeks as Bob weighed close to 45 stone at the time. While Dave is proud of his middle name Robin given to him when he was born in April 1955 when City won the Div 3 South Championship.

They are brothers and a very friendly sort. If you are at the game today pop in and introduce yourselves to them.

I think it is about 3 more matches until they reach the 1st round proper. They've fallen at that final hurdle several times since I've watched them. Possibly their greatest FA Cup win was 6-3 away at Newport County. A commemorative video was produced of the whole match but was spoiled slightly by the fact the second half appeared before the first half. That is no joke. They hastily produced a new video with the halves in the right sequence and swapped them for the erroneous ones at no extra cost.

Bemerton Heath Harlequins vs Bournemouth Poppies in the cup down here in Wiltshire, in the absence of senior non-league footy anymore.

And a niggly, sterile 0-0 draw to boot, attendance 61 with about a dozen away fans. I spent part of the second half talking to the FA assessor.

In all honestly Wessex League is probably not as good as Western League despite being the same tier of the pyramid.

Archived