IGNORED

Notts County V Bristol City Matchday Thread

BS3_RED_ASH

That would be good news, the couple of home games he has shown some good touches but has seemed slightly off the pace to me. Would love to see him demanding the ball and controlling games, maybe that will come with confidence in his new surroundings.

Looked well up for it yesterday, best game so far by a long way.

The age that lad (Freeman) is, and the number of opposition fans/players/managers/observers who have been impressed by him playing for Stevenage, I have the feeling that once he really finds his feet, this boy will be really something else.  

Someone said elsewhere if we could get Freeman and JET operating together in the team, we'll be a serious threat to everyone, and I agree.

I'd be very surprised to see JET and FREEMAN playing in the same starting line up unless needs must.

Both are great players at this level, but playing both together would definitely leave us weaker in other areas.

Maybe it will happen if Wilbs doesn't play for some reason and we don't bring in another forward.

If he didn't...maybe...

-----------------------------------------------------GK----------------------------------------------------------

------------- Osbourne------------------------Flint------------------------------Williams------------------

Little-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cunningham

------------------------------Smith-------------------------------Elliott--------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------JET----------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------Freeman---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------Agard----------------------------------------------

Or

--------------------------------------------------------GK--------------------------------------------------------------

Ayling------------------------Osbourne------------------------Flint-------------------------------------Williams

---------------Little---------------------------------------------------------------------Smith--------------------------

----------------------------------------------------Elliott-----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------<Freeman>------------------------------<JET>------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------Agard-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tbh...when you think about it, we have many different formations we can play with our squad member...we are pretty versatile.

It should keep us in good stead if we have any injuries or need to stifle the opposition.

I'd be very surprised to see JET and FREEMAN playing in the same starting line up unless needs must.

Both are great players at this level, but playing both together would definitely leave us weaker in other areas.

Maybe it will happen if Wilbs doesn't play for some reason and we don't bring in another forward.

If he didn't...maybe...

-----------------------------------------------------GK----------------------------------------------------------

------------- Osbourne------------------------Flint------------------------------Williams------------------

Little-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cunningham

------------------------------Smith-------------------------------Elliott--------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------JET----------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------Freeman---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------Agard----------------------------------------------

Or

--------------------------------------------------------GK--------------------------------------------------------------

Ayling------------------------Osbourne------------------------Flint-------------------------------------Williams

---------------Little---------------------------------------------------------------------Smith--------------------------

----------------------------------------------------Elliott-----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------<Freeman>------------------------------<JET>------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------Agard-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tbh...when you think about it, we have many different formations we can play with our squad member...we are pretty versatile.

It should keep us in good stead if we have any injuries or need to stifle the opposition.

I certainly agree it is more an IF rather than when, as to get the most out of them I think they need to be allowed to focus on taking the game to opponents, meaning the rest of the team would need to cover defensively.

But am sure that unless we see another forward arrive or Burns starts to see more action, we'll see more JET and Freeman sharing the pitch as the season progresses.

I certainly agree it is more an IF rather than when, as to get the most out of them I think they need to be allowed to focus on taking the game to opponents, meaning the rest of the team would need to cover defensively.

But am sure that unless we see another forward arrive or Burns starts to see more action, we'll see more JET and Freeman sharing the pitch as the season progresses.

I agree... I think a lot depends on whether we bring in another forward and the form/fitness of Wilbs, who I believe will be a major contributor this season if his form continues.

SC has at present, many formations he can play and utilise with the players he has at his disposal.

With a fit Osbourne and El Abd we have options at the back.

Pack for Elliott

Bryan for Cunningham

Burns as an impact Sub

It's crossed my mind that if we were to bring in another forward, that the likes of Burns and Reid will have to join Wynter on Loan to get some regular first team action.

just taken a look at the highlights, not quite sure what Derry is moaning about, I would expect that penalty to be given 99% of the time, either for or against us.

Flint Ayling and Fielding should do better for the goal. Great work by Little for the equaliser and a definite pen.

Flint Ayling and Fielding should do better for the goal. Great work by Little for the equaliser and a definite pen.

A freak goal by Notts. County.

Williams played the ball straight to one of their players whose poor first touch bounced off Wilbraham back to him and the Notts. County player proceeeded to slice the ball forward, all the while curving away from Flint, perfectly into the path of their forward.

Not saying the defence, and later Fielding, couldn't perhaps have done better, but it was a ridiculously fortuitous 'pass'.

Yeah, their goal would not have happened if it was not for the miscommunication from flint and ayling. I fear ayling gets turned too easily, but my biggest moan from yesterday was the commentary, bloody awful, I'm not sure how Adam baker can sit next the these so called 'commentators' week in week out, listening yesterday i had no idea where the ball was on the pitch half of the time, what a shambles. 

Yeah, their goal would not have happened if it was not for the miscommunication from flint and ayling. I fear ayling gets turned too easily, but my biggest moan from yesterday was the commentary, bloody awful, I'm not sure how Adam baker can sit next the these so called 'commentators' week in week out, listening yesterday i had no idea where the ball was on the pitch half of the time, what a shambles.

Same with me, the main commentator was annoying, monotonal and was more than happy when Notts County scored to say the least. Before the game he was also stating he thinks Kieran Agard is a 'one season wonder' as well. He was an absolute idiot

The alternative view is 'I'm not sure how Adam Baker can be allowed to sit next to.....week in week out', which is my view, for me it's a bit same-old same-old.... 'Captain Cliche' every game does wear a bit thin tbh. I know Adam is knowledgable about all that is City but you know what they say, a change is as good as a rest! In previous seasons we had Scotty doing a guest appearance and Steady too, about time they tried that again I think. Yes, I know Scotty is a bit busy on a game day.

poor defending by flint for their goal he has to take the blame for that, fielding could of done a bit better but harsh to blame him,

What an arrogant pen from JeT, love it well done son,

Or the awful ball forward from Williams that presented Notts. County with possession?

I suppose it's necesary on OTIB to apportion 'blame' for every goal City concede.

It was a mishit slice from their defender that perfectly disected our defenders, wrong footing them and curled, again perfectly, directly to the feet of an already advancing forward.

He did well to score from there, despite Flint making up a couple of yards in the chase, but to me he mishit it into the corner, thus the luck was with them all the way.

Very fortutitous goal from an outclassed team who were unlikely to score any other way.

If he didn't...maybe...

Or

It would be quite simple to get all of our attacking talent into the side with a 4-2-3-1 formation which would also allow us to retain the two holding midfielders.

010914134849.png

Or the awful ball forward from Williams that presented Notts. County with possession?

I suppose it's necesary on OTIB to apportion 'blame' for every goal City concede.

It was a mishit slice from their defender that perfectly disected our defenders, wrong footing them and curled, again perfectly, directly to the feet of an already advancing forward.

He did well to score from there, despite Flint making up a couple of yards in the chase, but to me he mishit it into the corner, thus the luck was with them all the way.

Very fortutitous goal from an outclassed team who were unlikely to score any other way.

the problem from what I could see nog was that he was only jogging towards the player, its only once the ball came down and the player took it and ran through that flint seem to react,

I think thats more to do with lack of comunication, it wasn;t a worldy so the goal was some ones fault, it happened to be flint this time, although he almost made up for it right away,

I'm not trying to single him out here as he has been fantastic so far this season with some really outstanding performances,

What I am worried about is it seems to me that we have a problem defending the long ball over the top we keep getting caught out by that sort of ball,

I'm sure once they've played together a bit more we may cut it out but its a worry for me at the moment,

It would be quite simple to get all of our attacking talent into the side with a 4-2-3-1 formation which would also allow us to retain the two holding midfielders.

010914134849.png

Freeman isn't defensive enough (i'm not sure about agard yet not seen him play enough), so we would be too suspect down the flanks,

with the players we have 3-5-2 for me is the formation that suits them best

Freeman isn't defensive enough (i'm not sure about agard yet not seen him play enough), so we would be too suspect down the flanks,

with the players we have 3-5-2 for me is the formation that suits them best

they're part of a front three. They don't need to be defensive in the slightest.

We finally have a squad that can do damage at this level. I'd like to see us approach games with an attitude of 'We're not worried about you, you should worry about us'

That side has pace, creativity, mobility, strength, and goals. Just about the only thing really missing this season so far has been creating chances to score. That team would.

Still, I am a fan of 3 at the back too and of how Cotterill is doing. It was merely a response to someone saying it would be difficult to put our awesome attacking players into the same side.

they're part of a front three. They don't need to be defensive in the slightest.

We finally have a squad that can do damage at this level. I'd like to see us approach games with an attitude of 'We're not worried about you, you should worry about us'

That side has pace, creativity, mobility, strength, and goals. Just about the only thing really missing this season so far has been creating chances to score. That team would.

Still, I am a fan of 3 at the back too and of how Cotterill is doing. It was merely a response to someone saying it would be difficult to put our awesome attacking players into the same side.

problem with that is Little and Cunningham (granted both are pacy full backs) have to do the work of two players supporting the midfield, all you have to do is play 5 in midfield and it would be over-run,

yes it would have goals in it but defensivly I think we wouldn't cope, luckly nether myself or yourself are managers so we wouldn't have to decide this sort of thing,

010914134849.png

With respect, we would be over run in midfield with that formation. Regardless of how offensive you think we could be. Defense starts from the front...

If that formation was feasible SC would start with it.

You would maybe see it with 5 mins to go chasing a goal.

I agree with Monkeh... a loose 3 5 2 works best for us at the moment.

With respect, we would be over run in midfield with that formation. Regardless of how offensive you think we could be. Defense starts from the front...

If that formation was feasible SC would start with it.

You would maybe see it with 5 mins to go chasing a goal.

I agree with Monkeh... a loose 3 5 2 works best for us at the moment.

Well, I've seen that formation used by pretty much every successful team in world football for the last decade. 

I've no idea how you think we'd be over-run when there are exactly the same amount of players in defensive positions as when we play 3-5-2. It's certainly more feasible than your suggestion of playing Mark Little defensive midfield...

Well, I've seen that formation used by pretty much every successful team in world football for the last decade. 

I've no idea how you think we'd be over-run when there are exactly the same amount of players in defensive positions as when we play 3-5-2. It's certainly more feasible than your suggestion of playing Mark Little defensive midfield...

We aren't a sucsessful team in world football tho' we're bristol city,

since cotts started using 3-5-2 we've played well, losing once in the last 18 league games, so my question is why should we change it?

We aren't a sucsessful team in world football tho' we're bristol city,

since cotts started using 3-5-2 we've played well, losing once in the last 18 league games, so my question is why should we change it?

I'm not sure how much clearer I need to be...

I'm replying to Spud's assertion that it would be very difficult to get JET and Freeman in the same side.

Not saying we should change the formation.

what i like is that a player who a few on here announced to be useless when he signed is currently the leagues joint top scorer (although its still early in the season) and player who is slated weekly here scored the winner, albeit a penalty

At the same time, that is why people contest their opinion with excessive passion!

Archived