IGNORED

5 Games 11 Points

Frome Red

GJ always used to say that an average of 2 points per game will get you up automatically!

So we need to win 3 out of the next 5 to remain on track with that. 

That would be good considering we've got some tough fixtures this month.

Would love to see us take 6 points from our next two home matches to allows us to go to Port Vale and Fleetwood with a bit of freedom.

GJ always used to say that an average of 2 points per game will get you up automatically!

So we need to win 3 out of the next 5 to remain on track with that. 

That would be good considering we've got some tough fixtures this month.

Would love to see us take 6 points from our next two home matches to allows us to go to Port Vale and Fleetwood with a bit of freedom.

IMO we have an easier 5 fixtures coming up than we did for our first 5.

2 points per game gets you 92 points.  But I wouldn't be worried if we dipped slightly below 2 points per game.  Anything above 1.9 is excellent.

Looking at the last few L1 seasons it's pretty much always been >2 points per game for automatic promotion, between 1.7 and 2.0 for playoffs and <1 point per game for relegation.  In fact look at any league and that generally holds true but for a few freak results and seasons.  In L1 over the past 5-10 seasons 90 points has all but guaranteed automatic promotion and it's often been achievable with something in the high 80s (2011/12 being a notable exception).  

When we last went up in 2006/07 we did so with 85 points.

Current form is fantastic, we look great in purple and I'm a happy Bristol City fan right now.

IMO we have an easier 5 fixtures coming up than we did for our first 5.

That's not a bad shout to be honest!

Fleetwood away probably easier than Sheff Utd away

MK Dons at home probably on a par with Leyton orient at home.

The other three we should be winning really, although Port Vale won't be an easy place to go to.

The other three we should be winning really, although Port Vale won't be an easy place to go to.

they are flying at the moment so don;t be suprised if thats our first loss I think its a really tough game myself,

Much like us in our first season in the championship they will be under estamated and like us this season they seem to be riding the promotion high so far,

No easy game this season really :(

they are flying at the moment so don;t be suprised if thats our first loss I think its a really tough game myself,

Much like us in our first season in the championship they will be under estamated and like us this season they seem to be riding the promotion high so far,

There will be easy games and although I'm not going to say who they are now... I'm more than happy to tell you after they've happened!

Much like us in our first season in the championship they will be under estamated and like us this season they seem to be riding the promotion high so far,

They might be flying at the moment but face facts so are we ? To be honest in not sure what sort of football fleetwood play ? If it's a physical game we will struggle against them as we always do against these teams if there a passing team we should have enough to beat them.

Can't wait to see Mark Little against Ryan McGivern in the Port Vale game. Gonna be like Usain Bolt vs a glacier!

Havent posted for over a year

Disillusioned by SoD era

Cotterill is a good manager for us - he believes he was poorly treated at Forest and he believes he is better than a League One manager - therefore he is everything we hope he would be - determined , enthusiastic and dedicated to prove he is what he believes

He has signed players that are very good at League One level and his results so far seem to have re-ignited Steve Lansdown's passion - hence wages made available for the signings like Little , Wilbraham , Agard etc

If you saw some of the interviews with the new players you can see they all believe they are better than League One and have come to City determined and believing we will be promoted

So if you also look at the competition in League One its a weaker division than last season so a good time to get out

Personally I would like to have seen a keeper signed as I think FF is the only potential weak link in the squad but I hope he proves me wrong

In summary I will post again late April by which time I believe automatic promotion will be secured

Enjoy the season

cheers

Promotion would need around 95 points, play offs 85. So you need to win 25 games plus over the season. Again, generally speaking, promoted sides will have a period where they win a significant number of games in succession. Long long season , and it needs a lot of dogged hard work and concentration for each game. We have started well, and need to match the same return in September, with another 5 games. We can analyse all we want , but it really is each game at a time. We seem to be making some of our own luck too, that is always a good sign. I still expect to see Sheffield Utd, Preston, Orient, Posh, and possibly Coventry in the top 6 come the end. But at least we are competing for the first time in 4 years. Squad is still light of a GK and striker, plus a midfielder . Also playing 3 at the back will be interesting to see if we keep with, as a switch to 4 has been seen a few times mid game too. We also will lose a game, and the reaction to that will be important. All very exciting, and interesting. That is why you love football. 

I think that Barnsley will be up there too.

What excites me is wether we go up or not, we have signed a very strong squad contracted for 3 years, so next summer we either make profit on those players or continue to strengthen. If we do go up, we could significantly improve all areas of our squad to meet championship standard (defence particularly) and all within budget. I'm really excited for the future at AG and when you include the recent academy status and the stadium redevelopment, it's hard to see why anybody wouldn't be :)

Archived