IGNORED

5 Games 11 Points

Frome Red

= 2.2 points a game

46 games x 2.2 points = 101.2 points

Just saying ;)

Yes based on this prediction we should win the league without a defeat.

Rather like the arsenal envinsable team of 96' was it ?

I haven't googled it, thought I'd trust my memory. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, we have had a great start; which is essential if we are going to really push for promotion this season, or be there or there abouts. Early days though, but things are looking good thus far.

I haven't googled it, thought I'd trust my memory. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, we have had a great start; which is essential if we are going to really push for promotion this season, or be there or there abouts. Early days though, but things are looking good thus far.

No, based on the prediction of extrapolating everyone's points as they are now then we will finish third, where we are now.

P31  W14  D11  L6  Pts 53

When GJ was in charge he challenged the players to average minimum 17 points per every 10 games played in order to at least make the playoffs. From Cotts record above he looks to have 'mirrored' that target. Taking this season alone, that means we need another 6 points minimum from our next 5 games to be 'on course' which looks well doable.       

I think you mean "invisible" don't you?

• Admin

If we can secure 3 points on Saturday against Scunthorpe I think we will start to see the team play more relaxed foootball. This squad know they are rated as one of the best in the league and that a decent start was so important & this in itself can lead to some nervy performances (& tight 2-1 wins).

This is the first season in ages we've purchased new players early so they've had time to settle before the season started, in the past we've always been missing one or two and had to make panic buys near the end of the window, I think that's why we've got off to such a good start this time. With the strength in depth we've got we should be able to maintain this form for the rest of the season (apart from one or two of the normal blips any team has). By Christmas a lot of the teams with thinner squads will be struggling.

Cheers. I make that 1.7 points per game since he took charge, which if remained throughout the whole of a campaign would total around 78 points.

Playoffs yay :)

It doesn't take into account that Cotteril has (the loss of Baldock aside perhaps) improved the squad since last time out. Therefore, you could make an argument that logic may dictate an improvement in that average points return.

However, I'm not going to get excited about possible promotion yet. If Agard doesn't settle or we get a bad run of injuries, it could all go to pot

Everyone means invincible.

and they also mean 2003-04;

unless you do mean 1996, in which case you probably do mean invisible ... :whistle2:

If we are serious about promotion, anything less than a win at home can be deemed a disappointing result; conversley, anything more than a draw away from home can be seen as overacheiving.

Massive test this month with a couple of in-form teams, like ourselves, no one really knows who has form and who has class. We won't remain unbeaten for long but I am confident Cotterill has a squad that has the class to perform over the course of a season.

According to half the forum the bubble had burst just a few days ago...

Not half the forum, just a few of the same posters who moaned when Cotterill was appointed, then came out again when we lost at Sheffield United last season. (If they had got their way, we'd have sacked him after that result)

Losing Baldock and 2 successive draws ( :blink: ) was all they needed to start being negative.

Archived