IGNORED

The Change Of The British Culture

BFG

Dear, oh, dear.

Firstly - Dave, I don't have an agenda.

The list is at the very least interesting, and imo relevant to your previous post.

Fordy - it's not manipulating at all and it is not scaremongering, it's there in black and white.

Make of it what you will - or nothing at all - but really no need to shoot the messenger.

P.S. FYI Dave, Jake and Jacob do not add up to more.

The list is not interesting at all. You have selected to combine the spelling of one name.

Jacob and Jake do add up to more. 5126 and 2311 add up to 7437. 81 more than Mohammed.

I am just fed up with selected stats, hyperbole, scaremongering headlines in rags like the Daily Mail etc etc etc

The single most relevant stat is that 5% of the UK are Muslim. If you want to include ALL non Christian beliefs (barring no belief) then it is 8.5%. This includes Jews, obviously.

I don't know if they OP is concerned about Jews as well or just Muslims.

Jake and Jacob isn't the same name.

Jim and James isn't the same name.

Muhammad spelt in whichever fashion is the same name.

I don't see why we can't have a grown up chat about these things, without bickering, people calling each other racists etc. Some people have serious concerns.

Jake is a shortened version of Jacob.

I don't think anyone has called anyone racist in this thread.

Some people might have concerns but I am wondering if these concerns are actually unfounded and with a bit of self education would diminish.

What is British culture exactly and what is so good about it?

Genuine question.

eating a bacon sandwich, while letting your partner swim in a bikini on the beach. Neither could happen if\when britian becomes a Muslim state.

I also feel, that Sikhs and Jews need to speak up too regarding issues like this.

The list is not interesting at all. You have selected to combine the spelling of one name.

Jacob and Jake do add up to more. 5126 and 2311 add up to 7437. 81 more than Mohammed.

I am just fed up with selected stats, hyperbole, scaremongering headlines in rags like the Daily Mail etc etc etc

The single most relevant stat is that 5% of the UK are Muslim. If you want to include ALL non Christian beliefs (barring no belief) then it is 8.5%. This includes Jews, obviously.

It appears that Jews and Sikhs Etc seem to integrate themselves much better into british life.

You do not see Sikh or Jewish patrols in the UK, like you do with the Muslim patrols.

eating a bacon sandwich, while letting your partner swim in a bikini on the beach. Neither could happen if\when britian becomes a Muslim state.

I also feel, that Sikhs and Jews need to speak up too regarding issues like this.

Haha

That is SO British.

The UK will never become a Muslim state, but let's just say it does....why wouldn't we be allowed to eat a bacon sandwich?

Jake is a shortened version of Jacob.

I don't think anyone has called anyone racist in this thread.

Some people might have concerns but I am wondering if these concerns are actually unfounded and with a bit of self education would diminish.

They are different names though, you might aswell include mo in any counts of Mohammed then. That will put the stats up

But if he didn't have an agenda he would have compared it with other names with variants himself.

That's what presenting a balanced and objective argument is about.

I made no comment and I made no argument. I simply gave a list from the Office For National Statistics.

Apparently that's enough for people like you and Dave to throw around accusations that I must have an agenda.

Poor, very very poor.

I've just looked up the variations of Jacob BTW, and there are 59 listed, including internationally.

Jake is not one of them.

There. Edited for you. Why hold back?

I'm slightly confused what you are trying to imply here.

All I tried to do at the start of the thread was post simple facts which another poster then said it need to be 2.8 children. Which white british people are currently under, while Muslim families are over that, it is then fact that at some stage Muslim families will take over %wise.

I am not saying that is good or bad, I was trying to say, what impact will this have on the UK

Will this see a rise of right wing politics?

Why has there been a rise at the moment of right wing groups?

I will have to tell my Muslim colleagues then who can often be seen eating a bacon sarnie on a Friday morning.

Do you SERIOUSLY think that with a 5% population now that the Uk could become a Muslim state?

are they true Muslims then? Or just Muslim when it suits them for example?

Like many Christians who only pop to church at christingal for the oranges. It's the same in both religions.

I do not feel now no, but I do in say 100 years , so my great great grandchildren yes, I think there is every possibility.

Just out of interest, how many Muslim patrols have you ever seen?

I do not live in an area populated by Muslims, I still live in an area which is mainly traditional English , so on that point none.

I have seen it on the internet and youtube, also on the television

I do not live in an area populated by Muslims, I still live in an area which is mainly traditional English , so on that point none.

So you saw young men loitering late at night, being aggressive and intimidating. Us proper indigenous folk never do that do we...

It's interesting to me, and may be to others. You're not actually the only other person involved in this thread.

Back to Jacob and Jake.

I repeat, Jake is not an accepted variation of Jacob, and even if you add the two up then Jacob (4,803) and Jake (2,187) are still less than the variations of Mohammed.

As I say my figures are from the Office For National Statistics, England and Wales 2013, not sure where your alternative figures are coming from.

So you saw young men loitering late at night, being aggressive and intimidating. Us proper indigenous folk never do that do we...

No, I'm going what I have seen on the internet, and In papers,

For example

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2519519/Muslim-Patrol-jailed-harassing-couple-holding-hands-men-drinking-bid-enforce-Sharia-law-East-London.html

It's interesting to me, and may be to others. You're not actually the only other person involved in this thread.

Back to Jacob and Jake.

I repeat, Jake is not an accepted variation of Jacob, and even if you add the two up then Jacob (4,803) and Jake (2,187) are still less than the variations of Mohammed.

As I say my figures are from the Office For National Statistics, England and Wales 2013, not sure where your alternative figures are coming from.

I just gave an opinion that it wasn't interesting.

I was looking at just England.

Don't want to fall out over this. Would be good to get a thread that doesn't get blocked. I expect some people that come on here in the early hours of the morning will change the tone.

Just been looking at some more research and the Muslim population is expected to be 8.5% in 2030 and probably never rise above 10%, or certainly not in the next 100 years.

Something for OP to tell his grandchildren. No need for them to worry.

This thread is a little like chess.

I called check after my last post. And seemingly with your answer of "none, I live in a predominantly white area" you avoided check mate. But then you moved back in by way of a foolish edit...

So hereby I counter with this...

Here's a list of other things I've seen on the Internet:

1. Dogs being eaten by sharks.

2. A man being struck by lightning twice in 30 seconds.

3. A 92 year old granny break dancing.

None of these things are rife yet you can find them all if you look hard enough. I work in inner city Birmingham so I'm reasonably well placed to comment.

This non football forum frustrates me so much. It's becoming beyond a joke how every thread must turn into a Muslim bashing. I have no doubt you'll counter with "no one is Muslim bashing" but just look at the thread titles page. Almost everything goes the same way.

Lots of nasty things happen that are non Muslim related, but we don't really seem to want to talk about those for some reason.

I just gave an opinion that it wasn't interesting.

I was looking at just England.

Don't want to fall out over this. Would be good to get a thread that doesn't get blocked. I expect some people that come on here in the early hours of the morning will change the tone.

Just been looking at some more research and the Muslim population is expected to be 8.5% in 2030 and probably never rise above 10%, or certainly not in the next 100 years.

Something for OP to tell his grandchildren. No need for them to worry.

Dave, if you don't want to fall out with people, perhaps immediately accusing them wrongly of having an agenda in your first response is not the best way to go about it.

Reinforcing your 'argument' with falsities such as this 'Jacob and Jake' nonsense doesn't help either.

Perhaps you should hold back sometimes and let others get a word in.

Even if some of them do turn out to be as ill mannered, misinformed, and unpleasantly accusatory as they have shown themselves to be on this thread.

That's it from me, you guys can have your non footy forum all to yourselves now. :sub: 

Dave, if you don't want to fall out with people, perhaps immediately accusing them wrongly of having an agenda in your first response is not the best way to go about it.

Reinforcing your 'argument' with falsities such as this 'Jacob and Jake' nonsense doesn't help either.

Perhaps you should hold back sometimes and let others get a word in.

Even if some of them do turn out to be as ill mannered, misinformed, and unpleasantly accusatory as they have shown themselves to be on this thread.

That's it from me, you guys can have your non footy forum all to yourselves now. :sub: 

Fair points. I assumed on the Jake and Jacob...cannot believe they aren't the same!

Now I've calmed down I will bail out now before 'he' joins in.

Long day....

I'm a vegetarian and we're not really beach people so I think we'll be alright.

Unless they start on the Techno clubs. Then there will be trouble.

In all seriousness though I've been reading about England becoming a Muslim state since I left school ten years ago. I feel no more threatened now than I did then.

I just don't see it happening and there are far more pressing issues in the UK at the moment. I know most people on here will think I'm stupid and in for a big shock but there we go.

I do think that there shouldn't be any "religious" schools in England and of course there should be no other court than the ones that follow the laws set out here. I'm skeptical about their presence though.

Jake and Jacob isn't the same name.

Jim and James isn't the same name.

Muhammad spelt in whichever fashion is the same name.

I don't see why we can't have a grown up chat about these things, without bickering, people calling each other racists etc. Some people have serious concerns.

My uncle Jim and my mate Jim (both christened James) have been living a lie! The last 64 or 33 years (depending on which one we're talking about) have been for nothing!!!

I can't decide whether this is the best answer on the thread or the worst. It's certainly the most likely to be a quote from an episode of Brass Eye

Archived