IGNORED

Australia - No Nonsense

SARJ

On the radio today and yesterday that the Australian government have told anyone to leave to join ISIS or jihad to go........

But they will not be allowed to re-enter Australia and their passports would be destroyed. I'm presuming these people that leave would never be allowed back into Auz again.

Do people agree with this no nonsense approach?

I for one give our colonial cousins a pat on the back. Complete contrast to our own politicians banging on about human rights of extremists.

I don't believe there is a huge argument to make in support of the benefits from removing their passport. We should have the intelligence and security required to detain suspects coming back into the country, so why not just trial them in court and be done with it. It seems a better option than leaving young British citizens stateless.

I don't believe there is a huge argument to make in support of the benefits from removing their passport. We should have the intelligence and security required to detain suspects coming back into the country, so why not just trial them in court and be done with it. It seems a better option than leaving young British citizens stateless.

You have heard of Nick Clegg and his liberals?, who are as we speak trying yet again to scupper new even watered down legislation. of course if you've got any spare rooms you could look after a few of these nice young men.

You have heard of Nick Clegg and his liberals?, who are as we speak trying yet again to scupper new even watered down legislation. of course if you've got any spare rooms you could look after a few of these nice young men.

the lib dems are the problem,

alot was brought up in PM question time today, the lib dems stayed quiet and Labour and the torys were agreeing on pretty much everything including air strikers and the passport thing,

it was quite refreshing to see that and not political point scoring for a change

And use already stretched public funds to keep them in prison where they could potentially radicalise others?

Bollocks to them and there human rights, if they want to go over there fine but don't come back.

And use already stretched public funds to keep them in prison where they could potentially radicalise others?

Bollocks to them and there human rights, if they want to go over there fine but don't come back.

That is true, but all things considered it does not seem a huge sum to pay in accordance to upholding the vague idea of human rights. I wonder how many out of the likely 1500 are even going to survive the conflict, let alone decide to come back and face sentencing anyway.

In fairness to Clegg he's come out and said that his party would support air strikes by British planes if deemed strategically necessary

As for taking away passports, it's all well and good except you then have English speaking, English educated terrorists with multiple contacts in the UK, out there where we can't necessarily track them. I'd much rather that they were detained upon re-entry and chucked in prison for the longest period possible

I do understand the argument people make about ripping up passports, etc. I just think that you just replace a known problem with an unknown one

In fairness to Clegg he's come out and said that his party would support air strikes by British planes if deemed strategically necessary

As for taking away passports, it's all well and good except you then have English speaking, English educated terrorists with multiple contacts in the UK, out there where we can't necessarily track them. I'd much rather that they were detained upon re-entry and chucked in prison for the longest period possible

I do understand the argument people make about ripping up passports, etc. I just think that you just replace a known problem with an unknown one

I'd rather they were detained, beheaded then chopped up and fed to swine, no martyrdom there, your resting place is out of a pigs arse, the animal you detest the most.

Job done, no virgins, no afterlife, no glory, rose fertilizer.

I hope this is offensive enough, these ISIS nuts offend me.

I'd rather they were detained, beheaded then chopped up and fed to swine, no martyrdom there, your resting place is out of a pigs arse, the animal you detest the most.

I don't believe the option to do this exists within UK law at this time. You'd probably need to write to your MP and get him to raise this as an issue in parliament

There is one other option, let special forces take them out one by one and then they wouldn't need a passport.

On the radio today and yesterday that the Australian government have told anyone to leave to join ISIS or jihad to go........

But they will not be allowed to re-enter Australia and their passports would be destroyed. I'm presuming these people that leave would never be allowed back into Auz again.

Do people agree with this no nonsense approach?

I for one give our colonial cousins a pat on the back. Complete contrast to our own politicians banging on about human rights of extremists.

....once a Muslim Jihadist is out of his/ her Western country that they/ or their family has colonized they should be made stateless if found or known to be fighting for an enemy nation. This should not just apply to forward thinking Australia but to the U.S. and idiot led U.K. as well.

Not sure how to to symbols on my phone, but if I did it would be hand claps!!!

That is true, but all things considered it does not seem a huge sum to pay in accordance to upholding the vague idea of human rights. I wonder how many out of the likely 1500 are even going to survive the conflict, let alone decide to come back and face sentencing anyway.

don't let them back in they want an Islamic state they will bring there ideas here! Australia definitely have the right idea get all these hardline terrorists out to Iraq and seria and bomb the crap out of them simples!!

What worries me is you could end up making a lot of people stateless making their fight even stronger, and increasing hatred towards our country.

Yeah, it's tempting to go with the anger and do something like that, but this isn't a video game and there is no set endpoint where people 'win' or 'lose'.

This is real life and the long-term effects have to be taken into consideration. Having said that, anyone who fights for ISIS should be held accountable for their part in genocide/murder/slavery/terrorism and treated accordingly.

They'll lose and many will die unfortunately.

But will these sort of conflicts ever end? I very much doubt that.

For as long as technology and the media communicate and advance, it will only (gradually) get worse.

I'd say our planet is a ticking down waiting to destroy itself. One way or another, these current issues are a contributing factor.

I just hope that in my lifetime, at least - I don't live to see the day when a catastrophic event destroys a very large part of the world.

What I believe is that if the planet survives beyond another 1000 years, it will be because all technology will eventually cease existence.....

Perhaps a radical idea in itself, but not to be confused with radicalisation. Radicalisation is something (next to) completely different.

They'll lose and many will die unfortunately.

But will these sort of conflicts ever end? I very much doubt that.

For as long as technology and the media communicate and advance, it will only (gradually) get worse.

I'd say our planet is a ticking down waiting to destroy itself. One way or another, these current issues are a contributing factor.

I just hope that in my lifetime, at least - I don't live to see the day when a catastrophic event destroys a very large part of the world.

What I believe is that if the planet survives beyond another 1000 years, it will be because all technology will eventually cease existence.....

Perhaps a radical idea in itself, but not to be confused with radicalisation. Radicalisation is something (next to) completely different.

Well biggest factor in all of this, is the hell bent vision that everyone everywhere must be saved, drugs pumped into them, babies living which once would have died, people living 20 30 years younger through medicine.  We are overpopulating and killing the planet.

We will probably kill ourselves off faster by doing good things rather than bad things.

Would this stand up in court if one of the "stateless ex-Australians" challenged it?

I presume Aus is a signatory of the UN treaty which says you can't make people stateless, which is the reason we couldn't implement this idea - although it had been floated.

And that's the point.

Certainly it has been suggested that those misguided enough to become budding "Jihad Jacks" and leave for middle Eastern battlefields should have their passports revoked-and it seemed a good idea to many.

But they've not properly thought it through.

While they choose to remain in Syria or Iraq  it would not be a problem. But suppose our would-by warriors then went to Turkey, France or even the U.K:- what then ?

We'd just be exporting our problem children to our friends- so it's a non-starter.

While they choose to remain in Syria or Iraq  it would not be a problem. But suppose our would-by warriors then went to Turkey, France or even the U.K:- what then ?

We'd just be exporting our problem children to our friends- so it's a non-starter.

It would require the likes of Turkey, France and the UK to take the same approach. If the Jihad Jacks tried getting into these countries with a revoked Australian passport then they're refused entry. This would require the UK to leave the European Union as everyone and anyone is entitled to entry to the UK while we're in the EU project. The UK's so called 'friends' in the EU have been directing penniless immigrants towards the UK for the past 20 odd years.

It would require the likes of Turkey, France and the UK to take the same approach. If the Jihad Jacks tried getting into these countries with a revoked Australian passport then they're refused entry. This would require the UK to leave the European Union as everyone and anyone is entitled to entry to the UK while we're in the EU project. The UK's so called 'friends' in the EU have been directing penniless immigrants towards the UK for the past 20 odd years.

Sorry Gobbers, but why would a revoked Australian passport result in denied entry to the EU but a revoked UK passport mean they can go wherever they please? I would have thought that administratively, it would be far easier for us to ensure that a UK national is denied entry to the EU from within the organisation rather than outside it? In addition, even if the individual in question got inside the EU, whether we were in or out would make no odds on whether they can get into Britain; we're not in the Schengen Agreement so a passport has to be shown at the borders, whereas us leaving the EU would have zero effect on whether France, Italy, Germany, etc, ask for passports to be shown at their borders

Sorry Gobbers, but why would a revoked Australian passport result in denied entry to the EU but a revoked UK passport mean they can go wherever they please? I would have thought that administratively, it would be far easier for us to ensure that a UK national is denied entry to the EU from within the organisation rather than outside it? In addition, even if the individual in question got inside the EU, whether we were in or out would make no odds on whether they can get into Britain; we're not in the Schengen Agreement so a passport has to be shown at the borders, whereas us leaving the EU would have zero effect on whether France, Italy, Germany, etc, ask for passports to be shown at their borders

...with our so called 'friends' in the EU project directing penniless immigrants toward the UK - some of them potentially dangerous Islamists - we should leave the EU immediately. Even the EU loving BBC news and views propaganda newsagency has highlighted the problem at Calais where thousands are waiting to illegally enter the UK on ferries and lorries. This problem of illegal immigration into Briatin was covertly encouraged by the Labour Partei regime 1997-2010.

...with our so called 'friends' in the EU project directing penniless immigrants toward the UK - some of them potentially dangerous Islamists - we should leave the EU immediately. Even the EU loving BBC news and views propaganda newsagency has highlighted the problem at Calais where thousands are waiting to illegally enter the UK on ferries and lorries. This problem of illegal immigration into Briatin was covertly encouraged by the Labour Partei regime 1997-2010.

So no answer to the question?

But us leaving the EU wouldn't change that, would it? African and Asian illegal immigrants could still get to Calais once they were inside the EU and would then still have the same lack of right of entry to the UK. Arguably if we weren't in the EU, the French would probably give far less of a shit about sending them over the channel

Well biggest factor in all of this, is the hell bent vision that everyone everywhere must be saved, drugs pumped into them, babies living which once would have died, people living 20 30 years younger through medicine.  We are overpopulating and killing the planet.

We will probably kill ourselves off faster by doing good things rather than bad things.

Yeah, how selfish of parents to want their babies to live. How selfish of people to want to be free from pain and disease.

It's not a hell-bent vision, humanity has always been this way. We haven't evolved genomically for, what, 20,000 years? 40,000 years? Humans have always wanted to take over/subjugate/destroy the world. The problem is that now people have the means. The river can't be stopped, only diverted.

and don't forget to smile  :)

But us leaving the EU wouldn't change that, would it? African and Asian illegal immigrants could still get to Calais once they were inside the EU and would then still have the same lack of right of entry to the UK. Arguably if we weren't in the EU, the French would probably give far less of a shit about sending them over the channel

You are correct here and the truth is that normally by now the French would have rounded up every last one of these people and shipped them back whence they came on big planes, but of course the great and good of the UK already outraged by the French burkha ban would point the racist finger once more at France.

Yet again as the French keep rightly telling the UK and have done for the past 12 years, the question is WHY do these people ONLY WANT TO GO THE UK, many of them have crossed many borders where they could have settled, but they are willing to risk life and limb to get to one place and one place only the UK, there has to be a reason and we all know exactly what that reason is, but once more we don't want to talk about it or admit what the problem is.

Perhaps the French should forcibly keep these people here against their will and put them into the French system, oh hold on the great and good of the UK would be saying, that is against their human rights.

Britain and it's government are great at telling the world about human rights but hopeless at talking about problems like this for fear of being branded racist, ring any bells of recent events anywhere else in the UK?.

Archived