IGNORED

1 Year On

chivers88

He was asked a question and gave an answer, see no problem with that. Some of our fans let the club down that night. Fact.

He wasn't asked the question in his radio interview, he just blurted it straight out. Yes some fans let the club down that night but what about the atmosphere that was created by the vast majority, never even mentioned it. Unfortunately SO'D alienated himself from the majority of the fanbase. 

It was around that time that murmurs of the gas will overtake us as Bristols leading club, we got relegated, it looked like they got their new stadium in the bag, they bought some half decent players

Now the two clubs have never been so far apart, everything that could go wrong for the 1653'ers has, whilst we're building a fantastic team in league 1 with our stadium development well under way, their buying players who couldn't get into forest greens team

Really interesting comment

There was a short period of time where it felt that the deck was stacked in their favour; we were in the relegation zone, they were looking up and our stadium was dead and theirs was going ahead- it felt briefly as though they would be top dog.

I would not have called the current situation 2 years ago , although it seems prayers have been answered!

Maybe but it didn't come across like that. He should have said nothing about it - he's been in football long enough to know that sort of stuff happens at derby games.

As someone has said, he was asked a question and he gave a fair response.

Just because stuff like that happens, doesn't make it right.

I've thought about this, and I think I can claim full responsibility for City winning this game last year. This is what happened. 

A little over a year ago, I bought an airline ticket to come visit England. I asked a friend of mine (who lives there) for some ideas and suggestions about what to do while I was visiting. After much conversation, I told him I would like to see a football match. He got me up to speed on the basics and such, and explained things like what a derby is, and local rivalries (something we don't have much of up here in the frozen tundra), and I asked him point blank, "Oh, so when does City play the Rovers then?"  He said it wasn't likely to happen, explained the difference in leagues, and all that jazz. A few weeks later, lo and behold, who does City draw in the JPT? 

So... you're all welcome! 

Sadly, that was not the match I got to watch, as I didn't pop over until about a month after that :( 

Archived