IGNORED

1 Year On

chivers88

Since we beat the gas! What an epic game and atmosphere! Hope we can draw them in the fa cup first round if they qualify! And turn them over once more!

Will just give them a decent payday and what would we gain by beating them?  Like Liverpool gloating if beating Tranmere.

Happy to pass on this one.

Great game and atmosphere - the edge and hostility of that game made it a fantastic spectacle.

An american colleague of mine was there, saw a fair few football games whilst in the UK and said he'd never seen a more hostile atmosphere than that game.

AG was a cauldron that game, if we ever got the the PL where we would be against the odds every game I would like to think we'd have many more great atmospheres like that game.

Two amazing goals and great weather that day. What a way to win.

Only blemish for me was SO'D (unprompted) criticising our support for that pitch invasion and praising Rovers'. No need for him to comment at all, excellent way to alienate yourself.

It was around that time that murmurs of the gas will overtake us as Bristols leading club, we got relegated, it looked like they got their new stadium in the bag, they bought some half decent players

Now the two clubs have never been so far apart, everything that could go wrong for the 1653'ers has, whilst we're building a fantastic team in league 1 with our stadium development well under way, their buying players who couldn't get into forest greens team

It was around that time that murmurs of the gas will overtake us as Bristols leading club, we got relegated, it looked like they got their new stadium in the bag, they bought some half decent players

Now the two clubs have never been so far apart, everything that could go wrong for the 1653'ers has, whilst we're building a fantastic team in league 1 with our stadium development well under way, their buying players who couldn't get into forest greens team

I remember after the dust had settled they were coming out with but we will be league 1 and ull be league 2 next year anyway that's all that matters haha how stupid they look now :laugh: if we go up and they fail to would that be the furthest apart we have ever been?

Great game and atmosphere - the edge and hostility of that game made it a fantastic spectacle.

An american colleague of mine was there, saw a fair few football games whilst in the UK and said he'd never seen a more hostile atmosphere than that game.

AG was a cauldron that game, if we ever got the the PL where we would be against the odds every game I would like to think we'd have many more great atmospheres like that game.

Agreed. That game reminded me of the big games in the Championship, when the old gate was packed it certainly created one hell of an atmosphere (lets hope the new one has the same effect). Its funny laughing at Rovers demise, but I will miss the derby build up and excitement, there really is nothing like it.

What if they giant kill us?

and we had one less fixture to concern ourselves with worrying about fitness, injuries, suspensions?

For me this year, cup games might as well be friendlies - I don't think we're ready for promotion & to give us the best chance of going up, the last thing we need is a 54 game season

Rovers can play us in a freindly by all means and hopefully Cotterill would consider putting out the development squad - just got to hope they're all fit for the second round too though

Maybe but it didn't come across like that. He should have said nothing about it - he's been in football long enough to know that sort of stuff happens at derby games.

He was asked a question and gave an answer, see no problem with that. Some of our fans let the club down that night. Fact.

He was asked a question and gave an answer, see no problem with that. Some of our fans let the club down that night. Fact.

Not sure really, part and parcel of derby games in my opinion. I may need to watch his interview again but im sure I remember him criticising the fans unprompted. If he was asked a question it's different - I could be wrong about this. He should have avoided the question, can you imagine SC saying similar? Of course not

Not sure really, part and parcel of derby games in my opinion. I may need to watch his interview again but im sure I remember him criticising the fans unprompted. If he was asked a question it's different - I could be wrong about this. He should have avoided the question, can you imagine SC saying similar? Of course not

Not sure I agree with that.

Archived