IGNORED

Match Ratings From The E Block

WolfOfWestStreet

Fielding 7 - good game, some good saves and punched well.

Little 6 - great energy but never really got behind good game though

Ayling 6 - Unremarkable but solid

Flint 8 - just a boss, scored a good header led the defence excellently.

Williams 7 - tackled hard and got forward regularly, had a few good shots

Bryan 7 - worked hard down his wing and nice interplay with agard, deserved standing ovation when subbed

Smith 9 - just everywhere, covers so much ground and is fast becoming my favourite player in the squad

Elliot 7 - did his best work in defence today but is always available and got city out of trouble a few times

Freeman 8 - played really well ran at S****horpe and they kept fouling him

Wilbraham 8 - the best target man I've seen for some time, top player played really well

Agard 6 - nothing fell for him today but could have scored with left footed shot that was brilliantly saved.

Ref 3 - had a stinker

Crowd 6 - unusually nervous but very noisy towards the end

Smith is a top player, we should tie him down to a longer contract now, he could easily play at Championship level, and possibly higher.

Makes the game look easy by always playing the simple pass, a cut above everyone else on the pitch.

Smith is a top player, we should tie him down to a longer contract now, he could easily play at Championship level, and possibly higher.

Makes the game look easy by always playing the simple pass, a cut above everyone else on the pitch.

Can't agree more Smith is an outstanding player (so far) the things he does are often unremarkable but absolutely essential.

Mine unfortunately have to come from D block, so I'll preface my ratings with that.

Fielding - 7

It's a results business. He kept a clean sheet. Looked much better than Olejnik.

Little - 6

Not the swashbuckling standards we've come to expect, but solid nonetheless.

Ayling - 8

Thought he was fantastic today. Loves to bring he ball out from the back and get us moving.

Flint - 7

Not his *best* game defensively, though that is a high standard. Got his goal.

Williams - 7

A strong performance after being doubted by some recently.

Bryan - 8

One of his best games for us. Provided an outlet, had his fullback on toast and got the ball in the box.

Smith - 8

Energetic, enterprising, enigma. A fantastic ninety minutes.

Freeman - 7

Took some lumps and had clearly been identified as someone who would cause them problems.

Elliott - 7

Could dribble through a fag paper blindfolded. Fantastic on the ball and worked hard.

Wilbraham - 7

Didn't give the defenders a moments peace, though found chances hard to come by.

Agard - 7

The talent is there, the partnership with Wilbraham will hopefully develop. Impressive for someone with such little football under his belt.

Cotterill - 8

His substitutions were spot on. As soon as they came on, the energy of Wagstaff and Cunningham was too much for the tiring S****horpe. Cunningham took his goal superbly.

The ref did pretty much have a shocker though, for example stopping the game shortly after the non freekick/penalty for the Scunny 'injury' when we were in a great position. He was also very inconsistent with when he let the game go, few times he gave us a freekick when the advantage was there to be played, also buying stuff that scunny did to get fouls and doing nothing about the constant timewasting.

The ref did pretty much have a shocker though, for example stopping the game shortly after the non freekick/penalty for the Scunny 'injury' when we were in a great position. He was also very inconsistent with when he let the game go, few times he gave us a freekick when the advantage was there to be played, also buying stuff that scunny did to get fouls and doing nothing about the constant timewasting.

This. My rating had nothing to do with the 'incidents' he was just generally shit.

His substitutions were spot on. As soon as they came on, the energy of Wagstaff and Cunningham was too much for the tiring S****horpe. Cunningham took his goal superbly. 

Totally agree with the above. Cotts has been spot on with the way he has set the side up this season and also with the use of the substitutes in adding energy to the side and closing out games. Everything seems to be going to plan at present. Just enjoy it while it lasts. 14 points from 6 games is a great effort from the whole club and I'm sure we can improve too which has to be good. COYR's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Fielding 7 - good game, some good saves and punched well.

Little 6 - great energy but never really got behind good game though

Ayling 6 - Unremarkable but solid

Flint 8 - just a boss, scored a good header led the defence excellently.

Williams 7 - tackled hard and got forward regularly, had a few good shots

Bryan 7 - worked hard down his wing and nice interplay with agard, deserved standing ovation when subbed

Smith 9 - just everywhere, covers so much ground and is fast becoming my favourite player in the squad

Elliot 7 - did his best work in defence today but is always available and got city out of trouble a few times

Freeman 8 - played really well ran at S****horpe and they kept fouling him

Wilbraham 8 - the best target man I've seen for some time, top player played really well

Agard 6 - nothing fell for him today but could have scored with left footed shot that was brilliantly saved.

Ref 3 - had a stinker

Crowd 6 - unusually nervous but very noisy towards the end

Good summary overall but just one disagree. "Ayling- unremarkable".

In fact, first half he delivered two extraordinary lofted passes from deep in right side defence - both delivered with pin-point accuracy to the feet of Joe Bryan - way out up front on the left wing.

One of those awesome cross field passes nearly lead to a goal. 

This talented player is another excellent signing by SC and can only get better,

Good summary overall but just one disagree. "Ayling- unremarkable".

In fact, first half he delivered two extraordinary lofted passes from deep in right side defence - both delivered with pin-point accuracy to the feet of Joe Bryan - way out up front on the left wing.

One of those awesome cross field passes nearly lead to a goal.

This talented player is another excellent signing by SC and can only get better,

Fair enough not hammering the guy, he's never been in a losing city team (forget the sham gnat was oxford!) I think he's great!

Just out if the three CB I'd say the other tie were better :)

Mine unfortunately have to come from D block, so I'll preface my ratings with that.

Fielding - 7

It's a results business. He kept a clean sheet. Looked much better than Olejnik.

Little - 6

Not the swashbuckling standards we've come to expect, but solid nonetheless.

Ayling - 8

Thought he was fantastic today. Loves to bring he ball out from the back and get us moving.

Flint - 7

Not his *best* game defensively, though that is a high standard. Got his goal.

Williams - 7

A strong performance after being doubted by some recently.

Bryan - 8

One of his best games for us. Provided an outlet, had his fullback on toast and got the ball in the box.

Smith - 8

Energetic, enterprising, enigma. A fantastic ninety minutes.

Freeman - 7

Took some lumps and had clearly been identified as someone who would cause them problems.

Elliott - 7

Could dribble through a fag paper blindfolded. Fantastic on the ball and worked hard.

Wilbraham - 7

Didn't give the defenders a moments peace, though found chances hard to come by.

Agard - 7

The talent is there, the partnership with Wilbraham will hopefully develop. Impressive for someone with such little football under his belt.

Cotterill - 8

Pretty much agree here. Might be tempted to put Little up to 7, bearing in mind that he was being man marked by two players. Didn't help him much, but gave the rest of the forward line more space.

I want to emphasise how good Bryan was today. His marker couldn't contain him and JB left him behind almost every time, although his crossing did let him down a bit. There was one touch in particular from a cross field ball from ayling / little which left his marker standing still and was fantastic.

Also, all goals still in the shed end!

I want to emphasise how good Bryan was today. His marker couldn't contain him and JB left him behind almost every time, although his crossing did let him down a bit. There was one touch in particular from a cross field ball from ayling / little which left his marker standing still and was fantastic.

Also, all goals still in the shed end!

Anybody else think that this could be down to the fact that Scunny had two players marking Little? Not taking anything away from JB as I rate the boy highly but surely us playing 5 across the middle and them employing this tactic would mean he was bound to get more space as they would be stretched?

Archived