IGNORED

Kieran Agard

Ray White

Looked good for me, quite often the ball just wouldn't fall to feet, inside the opposition box a couple of times he had a good touch to control the ball while in the air. Looking forward to seeing him play again, for the price looks like he could be good value on first looks.

I think he will come good once he settles. Don't forget the rest of them have had pre-season together including very important bonding/gelling time in Botswana. He's still getting to know people nd perhaps nervous on his home debut?

Several times he played an intelligent ball forward only to find players like Williams reaching it so it went wide etc. No disrespect to Williams but he's a defender for a reason.

Don't worry about Agard, he looked interested and willing to work for the team, that's not a bad thing is it.

I thought Agard did ok today, he certainly didn't do anything wrong.

His touch was good, he looked strong on the ball and clearly has pace to burn... it didn't seem to fall for him today but he still had a couple of chances and they will come more often than not.

Don't see the point in comparing him with Baldock because he is gone now and Agard has his own qualities that in my opinion will come good!

I thought Agard did ok today, he certainly didn't do anything wrong.

His touch was good, he looked strong on the ball and clearly has pace to burn... it didn't seem to fall for him today but he still had a couple of chances and they will come more often than not.

Don't see the point in comparing him with Baldock because he is gone now and Agard has his own qualities that in my opinion will come good!

of course he will be compared with baldock, he is playing in his old position, is there a point to comparing ? well there is no ultimate point to anything on this planet in the great scheme of things, its what bored monkeys clining to a rock firing through the universe at a million miles an hour do to pass the time.

Just like at Notts County he put in a real shift today, no one can fault his work rate. Is he better than Baldock? Probably not, let's not forget Brighton payed double for Baldock than what we payed for Agard. That doesn't mean he won't be an excellent addition for us though, he played well today and it won't be long until the goals come. As others have said he's getting into goalcoring areas

There was one occasion in the second half when I felt the keeper was floundering and Agard could have lobbed the ball first time into an unguarded net. I put it down to nerves that he took an extra touch. I thought his hold up play was brilliant. He has an excellent first touch and was pulling balls under control excellently. Given time to settle he'll do well.

He was popping up all over the front line, left , right and down the middle. Excellent movement from him I thought. I don't think he got a chance to really show his pace because a packed S****horpe defence didn't give him the space to. Similarly I thought they did a job on Mark Little who wasn't quite as effective as he is when given the freedom of the right wing.

Like all new strikers the sooner he gets his first goal the better.

When we were denied the penalty in the first minute that I would have expected him to take with JET on the bench, I thought at he time that would have been a brilliant opportunity for him.

I thought his all round game was decent, his first touch was better than I expected and it was a 6/10 sort of performance from him. He played out wide a lot at a Rotherham and felt he needed to be nearer to the excellent Wilbraham more often yesterday.

Agard looks like a useful player, though I was a bit disappointed with the service to him. Often you could see Agard playing on the shoulder of the defender or beginning to make a run and the service didn't come. Think he will be good, big shoes to fill in terms of goalscoring but I'm hopeful this season we have more goals in us from other areas.

How S****horpe played yesterday is going to be the norm for the majority of teams playing at Ashton Gate this season. Agard and the City strike force will come up against  six man defences and two blocks of four as teams shut up shop and play for a draw or trying to nick a win through a break away goal as nearly happened on 20mins yesterday. So the best performances you may see from Agard maybe away from home. One good point that I noted yesterday was he can shoot with both feet, but my feeling is he's going to be more prolific as a box poacher.  

He did enough yesterday to suggest that he will be a success down here. Got into some very good positions but the final ball was just not there or was cut out. As with any prolific striker, once he gets one, many more will follow in quick succession. Very happy with his signing and cant say that I heard anyone around me mention Baldocks name once yesterday. 

Archived