IGNORED

Frankie Fielding - Proving Doubters Wrong

Teach

• Admin

My thought entirely. Its clear this guy has talent, he was picked for the national squad and I don't see that as a "complete" fluke.

FF has made some odd decisions particularly early last season, but his down sides are clear, he is short for a keeper plus Kicking, catching and punching could be better which many could say are pretty fundamental to goalkeeping, but before the wags start. lets be honest....We are playing well with confidence, the back three are doing well and seem to have adjusted for Frank.

If our back three have confidence, then so do I. I see Frank as improving back to where he was in his career that led to when he was called up.... and that suits me.

The comparison with Basso resonates because we all knew Adriano was capable of an occasional ricket, but was also capable of brilliance that almost got us to the Premier League. Frank showed a flash of goalkeeping brilliance a couple of weeks ago that was all over the TV, now is not the time to be having a debate about FF V some random other goalkeeper we have not bought, now is the time to back the player the team and the manager as its clear SC likes him and so do our defence!

Amen to all of that !

My thought entirely. Its clear this guy has talent, he was picked for the national squad and I don't see that as a "complete" fluke.

FF has made some odd decisions particularly early last season, but his down sides are clear, he is short for a keeper plus Kicking, catching and punching could be better which many could say are pretty fundamental to goalkeeping, but before the wags start. lets be honest....We are playing well with confidence, the back three are doing well and seem to have adjusted for Frank.

If our back three have confidence, then so do I. I see Frank as improving back to where he was in his career that led to when he was called up.... and that suits me.

The comparison with Basso resonates because we all knew Adriano was capable of an occasional ricket, but was also capable of brilliance that almost got us to the Premier League. Frank showed a flash of goalkeeping brilliance a couple of weeks ago that was all over the TV, now is not the time to be having a debate about FF V some random other goalkeeper we have not bought, now is the time to back the player the team and the manager as its clear SC likes him and so do our defence!

I think his kicking is already improving. Didn't put a foot wrong on Saturday in that department.

You can only judge a player on how they are performing now - not earlier mistakes

There are many worse keepers in L1. Just look at Scunny's "rated" goalie, who let the ball squirm out from under him and was only saved from an embarrassing o/g by a fortuitous elbow.

• Admin

There are many worse keepers in L1. Just look at Scunny's "rated" goalie, who let the ball squirm out from under him and was only saved from an embarrassing o/g by a fortuitous elbow.

I do agree with you, but being pendantic, the guy in goal Saturday is currently on loan from Peterborough - the first two choice keepers are out injured

I do agree with you, but being pendantic, the guy in goal Saturday is currently on loan from Peterborough - the first two choice keepers are out injured

I realise that Phant, and - having never heard of him - I was going on the comments of posters here who seemed to think he was a good loan signing - before they saw him in action!

Archived