IGNORED

2Nd Win At Ag In 24 Hours

22A

What did the pitch hold up like?

It's still perfect, don't worry. The rugby players didn't leave a mark on it. If anything it was the ref who had problems, I don't know the rugby term but he was trying to scuff a mark in the turf to denote a line the players had to put their feet on, maybe before a scrum(?). The pitch was so good the mark was difficult for him to make on several occasions.

I also noticed the sprinklers weren't put on at half time, or possibly before. Do the rugby players like it drier, I would have thought they liked it wet?

It's still perfect, don't worry. The rugby players didn't leave a mark on it. If anything it was the ref who had problems, I don't know the rugby term but he was trying to scuff a mark in the turf to denote a line the players had to put their feet on, maybe before a scrum(?). The pitch was so good the mark was difficult for him to make on several occasions.

I also noticed the sprinklers weren't put on at half time, or possibly before. Do the rugby players like it drier, I would have thought they liked it wet?

Steady......

Comments on the AG Experience on the Bristol RUFC facebook page are interesting, more service required in catering outlets, ran out of pasties and no Thatchers.......

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bristol-Rugby-Club/144086662180?hc_location=timeline

Not on bookface so don't know what's being said there, but had a conversation with a colleague who is a ST holder at the Rugby and he didn't have much good to say about the food and drink outlets. Slow service, ran out of pasties as mentioned above, pumps in the Atyeo bar serving more froth than beer.

He did point out that it was only the first game and they were all expecting some teething problems, but from what he was saying another experience like that will see the local pubs picking up a lot of business that should be going through the tills at Ashton Gate.

Not on bookface so don't know what's being said there, but had a conversation with a colleague who is a ST holder at the Rugby and he didn't have much good to say about the food and drink outlets. Slow service, ran out of pasties as mentioned above, pumps in the Atyeo bar serving more froth than beer.

He did point out that it was only the first game and they were all expecting some teething problems, but from what he was saying another experience like that will see the local pubs picking up a lot of business that should be going through the tills at Ashton Gate.

Little update..

Just spoke to the same colleague about his experience yesterday. He was impressed at the way City / Bristol Sport have worked to iron out some of the teething problems from the first game. Said they had small barriers in The Dug Out bar so that people could form proper queues and ease congestion at the bar.(something that could be considered for football??) Live music in there before the game and in The DEH after. Free flags and face painting for the kids etc..

Sounds like Bristol Sport are going all out to make the rugby lot feel at home and have listened to, and acted on, a lot of the concerns raised on their forum (and rightly so). Hopefully they'll take on some of the views expressed on this board regarding pre pouring of pints at half time etc...

Archived