IGNORED

City In Today's Guardian

Ison

I think you're reading far too much into it.

Tbh...like I've said in previous posts, I take what SC and many other managers with a pinch of salt. They say stuff without thinking and just to fill media notebooks.

I just wish they would say nothing or say something worthwhile, and not make comments that could be open to criticism or used negatively against them.

Regardless of what we think...and like I said...taken with a pinch of salt...but if you were CA or a foreign youth player here, you wouldn't be walking to work with a spring in your step today.

by the time they've come through the acadmney and get to the first team they will be british due to being in this country for 5 years

By the time any of our Academy youth get to the first team, SC won't be manager here anymore.

Averages tell us that.

Tbh...like I've said in previous posts, I take what SC and many other managers with a pinch of salt. They say stuff without thinking and just to fill media notebooks.

I just wish they would say nothing or say something worthwhile, and not make comments that could be open to criticism or used negatively against them.

Regardless of what we think...and like I said...taken with a pinch of salt...but if you were CA or a foreign youth player here, you wouldn't be walking to work with a spring in your step today.

By the time any of our Academy youth get to the first team, SC won't be manager here anymore.

Averages tell us that.

theres more chance of them not making it Spudski, but then in 5 years time who knows where we will be,

We get a great article and still BCFC clowns want to be negative. We were on a life support system, we are now in full recovery. This club is going places, get it , like it, or shut up. We need to build momentum, and we all know, the last time the football team and fans believed, we went great places.

We will win this league, and a title for the first time in ?? how many years ??? not promotion but the league . If we give our total support and positivity to our players, we will win the title. We are still only in second gear.

FOR OUR CITY

FOR OURSELVES

AND

FOR OUR FREEEEDOM!!! :boxing:

We get a great article and still BCFC clowns want to be negative. We were on a life support system, we are now in full recovery. This club is going places, get it , like it, or shut up. We need to build momentum, and we all know, the last time the football team and fans believed, we went great places. 

We will win this league, and a title for the first time in ?? how many years ??? not promotion but the league . If we give our total support and positivity to our players, we will win the title. We are still only in second gear. 

It's your choice to see it as negative, but I see it as constructive criticism.

If part of your workforce were foreign and they read that you get a more 'honest' job done with a majority British and Irish workforce, then I'm sure they would be a little perplexed to say the least.

The fact we employ a Spanish coach and some foreign playing staff you would want to think your manager felt the same way about you. Especially if you want to encourage more talented foreign players to the Club.

Like I said...pinch of salt...but if you were them...what would you think, however throw away the comment maybe?

https://twitter.com/CarlosAntonC

SC Needs to stop talking bollox to the press with throw away comments imho.

Nice, but would have expected better from a supposed 'quality' paper.

Scuddy is a fellow red, seen him down The Gate and that could have been a nice twist. He probably does think it's the most important league!

No mention of of the Rt Hon Sir SL is ridiculous.

Spot on.

It's your choice to see it as negative, but I see it as constructive criticism.

If part of your workforce were foreign and they read that you get a more 'honest' job done with a majority British and Irish workforce, then I'm sure they would be a little perplexed to say the least.

The fact we employ a Spanish coach and some foreign playing staff you would want to think your manager felt the same way about you. Especially if you want to encourage more talented foreign players to the Club.

Like I said...pinch of salt...but if you were them...what would you think, however throw away the comment maybe?

https://twitter.com/CarlosAntonC

Needs to stop talking bollox to the press with throw away comments imho.

Most of us found the interviews, sound bytes and throw away comments from he who cannot be spoken of to be 'bollox', but you and few others found hidden meanings that passed most of us mere mortals by Spud, but football managers speak bollox, footballers speak bollox it used to be the law until football became the new rock and roll and the prawn sandwich brigade changed the game from it's working class roots and don't forget even the best Mourhinho and Wenger to mention but 2 speak some bollox in their interviews and are quite right mocked by pundits when they do.

When the story emerged about how SC signed Wilbraham, you were outraged about 'has this become our new recruitment policy or is this what our recruitment policy has become' I believe you said, well that's football for you, sometimes circumstances like that occur and sometimes they work out in the way that Wilbraham has and it's a funny/true story that most fans find interesting, i'm sure with your contacts had you heard the story that SC had met Wilbraham and had a chance to sign him and had declined and Wilbraham was now playing and scoring for one of our rivals, you would have spun the story differently. 

Maybe some people prefer to temper their expectation for good or bad rather than everything being either terrible or fantastic.

Next thing you'll be telling us a car on Pirelli tyres is going to win the F1 Championship this year :P

I agree fully with your optimism this year though, and it's been a while since any of us could say that!

I'm staggered that despite acknowledging these things can be taken out of context, you still choose to do so yourself. All it takes is an iota of common sense to piece together what is being said. I don't recall seeing any 'out of context' backlash in the media, in fact IIRC the Football League Show mentioned the 'chance meeting' in a fairly glowing light after Wilbraham's start. 

You are talking about media again...not what is said in private, behind closed doors and not for public consumption.

Things talked about by people working in the game...not to the media.

Archived