IGNORED

Please Read, I Think It's Important.

The Casual Connoisseur

Good luck in the future mate. Keep posting YOUR views as you see it, its a discussion forum after all. If we all agreed with each other these pages wouldn't be worth reading. We all see situations differently and you are entitled to have your say. Keep posting and we will keep debating.

Wolfie

Never had a problem with your posts.

While your brain my have some

gremlins , at least you have one and use it. That puts you streets ahead of a few on here!

Good luck for the future.

Good on you matey, I like your posts, always look out for them.

I like a bit of 'straight' talking, 'as it is' proper 'old skool', too much nanny state PC shite about these days.

Spot on.

Good luck Wolfie, keep fighting the good fight mucker. I don't find you offensive at all and would imagine those that do need to look at themselves TBH.

We all love Wolfie - because he is a fellow shit-head.

Out love is unconditional.

However, I am not so sure any anonymous forum is best place for anyone who is on the edge or sensitive. This is the 'school of hard knocks' for seriously hard b******ds only.

:wub:  :drunk2:  :igiveup:

Hope this helps.

TFR

Fair play, I don't agree with your views on the hooligan/casual/lads stuff, but the world would be a dull place if we did all agree.

I enjoy your posts on most other subjects and don't stop because some people can't avoid turning to personal abuse rather than reasoned debate.

And i didn't rate your views on transvestites, but that's why we all come on here, for a good debate.

I'd just like to say that for the last few years I've been going through a pretty tough time.

I have severe mental health issues, but I'm being treated well and my case although complex is slowly moving along.

I currently am an outpatient at a psychiatric hospital in Manchester, where I regularly see a psychologist and a physchiatrist who controls my medication.

I've recently been diagnosed as having a brain injury. I have what is called executive department (the area at the front of the brain ) brain damage.

I'm going to be visiting a regular neurologist, who will monitor the condition and a neuropsychology professional who'll design coping strategies for everyday life.

IM ONLY DIVULGING THIS INFO AS I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING AN EGOMANIAC, AND MY POSTS VISCOUS AND UNNECESSARY.

I'd like to point out that couldn't be further from the truth, I'm not blaming my disability and I'll stick to my guns in saying that personally, I use this forum for one thing, therapy and in the form of having a laugh and a joke. IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED BY MY JIBES AND JOKES, GROW A THICKER SKIN, SERIOUSLY IT'S NOT THAT HARD, I'VE HAD TO DO IT ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE A CRIPPLING

ANXIETY ATTACK BECAUSE I CAN'T REMEMBER MY NAME OR WHERE I LIVE.

Please everyone, use this forum to vent and have a laugh, it's not REAL LIFE.

Massive respect to you for having the courage to announce this on the forum. I wish you the very best of luck for the future.

Your posts are always a worthwhile read. Tells it as it was/is. Probably stood with you on the East End, Grandstand Paddock, Park End and Dolman through the ages. Football is about rivalries, pride and passion as comes across in your postings. Long may they continue.

Brain issues must be one the most frightening of illnesses. Keep strong and remember that OTIB'ers wish you well.

Ladies and Gents, I confused myself.

I really wasn't trying to be brave, I think I had honestly got to a point on this forum where a post aimed at me got to me, that is my doing, and I shouldn't have let it get to me, yet I did.

The comment made was that I was an egomaniac, it was then that I realised I'm obviously

A) not making myself clear (a problem I have on day to day basis)

B) an Egomaniac

I'm not one for mixing my words, especially as I bloody stutter, slur or have to write when I haven't the energy or inclination to speak.

So I thought it easier for the past, present and future to bore you with part of my illness.

...........ps have you seen many mentally disabled egomaniacs?............

Oh and thank you all for your kind comments and likes, CITD.

I do not care.

Firstly, because in truth, I can not imagine the daily challenges you must face and find a way to overcome.

Secondly, to me, you will always just be a poster who makes good contributions, sometimes I agree with, sometimes I disagree with, but is always worth a read, and sometimes a debate. You are one of those who gives energy to a forum like this, and as you rightly say, makes it a valuable activity to spend time on.

You do remind me in your post, of the importance of attacking a post, never the poster, as none of us knows who us at the other end of the keyboard.

What is obvious is you share a passion for our club. Whatever differences we have that is the golden thread that links us all here.

That is what I will continue to think about when I see your posts. A city fan giving their honest views, above anything else.

Respect to you.

Mate! Had a good think about your post today!

I suppose I would say that most people have had some form of time in their lives where they have had to deal with what is in their head, on many levels, so never feel alone although it may feel like it sometimes!

From a personal perspective I wont treat your comments any different from how I would have treated them before this morning! If I think you are right I may agree with you, if I think you are wrong I may tell you and if I think your being a pleb I may mention it!

Don't get treated differently and I know you will not encourage it! So with that said, I thought I would mention, I still think your a pleb!!! (I know you'll get the joke!)

Wow. Talk about a hornet's nest.  As the person who upset  J (executedwolf) I feel bound to reply.

First of all, obviously, I fully respect and sympathise with his problems and can now appreciate the background to some of his comments. I too salute his courage in revealing all this. Naturally, few of us know the personal details of other posters on here. He sent me a PM just before he started this thread, so I was surprised to see that he had made it public too.

For those who don't understand what all this is about, you need to read the "Oscar Borg" thread. There, the OP "riddlesdown red" made an innocent comment about a young player that BCFC might look at, commenting in passing that he was a "good catholic boy",  just to emphasise his good character.

That led to some bad taste jokes about Catholics, referencing paedophile priests and IRA terrorists, amongst others*. To me, none of that is acceptable or funny; to those who think it is, just try substituting black for Catholic and think about the almost universal support for the Kick it Out campaign these days. Twenty or thirty years ago many people thought all that was "just banter". Few people think that now and I don't see how attacking Catholics in general is any better. Certainly the OP was offended and has stated that he will never post on here again. By the way, I am not Catholic or even religious (indeed, if anything, anti religious).

So J's reference to "having a laugh and a joke" needs to be seen in context, and "growing a thicker skin" is not the point. Your right to say what you think has to be defended, but it has its limitations. I retract my comment about him being an egomaniac (which was in response, ironically, to my being attacked for criticising his post - if he dishes it out, he has to be prepared to take it too). I don't retract my criticism of sectarian comments that wouldn't be out of place on a Rangers forum.  J might say that his own comments were harmless fun, but in the context of his obvious allegiance to the Red Hand of Ulster and "No Surrender" they were almost bound to be misinterpreted.

I wish him well and hope we are back on speaking terms, but hope he will be able to use better judgement in future

* I reported the IRA terrorist comment, and it's no longer there

Ladies and Gents, I confused myself.

I really wasn't trying to be brave, I think I had honestly got to a point on this forum where a post aimed at me got to me, that is my doing, and I shouldn't have let it get to me, yet I did.

The comment made was that I was an egomaniac, it was then that I realised I'm obviously

A) not making myself clear (a problem I have on day to day basis)

B) an Egomaniac

I'm not one for mixing my words, especially as I bloody stutter, slur or have to write when I haven't the energy or inclination to speak.

So I thought it easier for the past, present and future to bore you with part of my illness.

...........ps have you seen many mentally disabled egomaniacs?............

Oh and thank you all for your kind comments and likes, CITD.

All the best Wolf - keep the posts coming and keep smiling behind that keyboard ! You got lots if mates on here, should you ever need to talk you know where we all are ;-)

Wow. Talk about a hornet's nest.  As the person who upset  J (executedwolf) I feel bound to reply.

First of all, obviously, I fully respect and sympathise with his problems and can now appreciate the background to some of his comments. I too salute his courage in revealing all this. Naturally, few of us know the personal details of other posters on here. He sent me a PM just before he started this thread, so I was surprised to see that he had made it public too.

For those who don't understand what all this is about, you need to read the "Oscar Borg" thread. There, the OP "riddlesdown red" made an innocent comment about a young player that BCFC might look at, commenting in passing that he was a "good catholic boy",  just to emphasise his good character.

That led to some bad taste jokes about Catholics, referencing paedophile priests and IRA terrorists, amongst others*. To me, none of that is acceptable or funny; to those who think it is, just try substituting black for Catholic and think about the almost universal support for the Kick it Out campaign these days. Twenty or thirty years ago many people thought all that was "just banter". Few people think that now and I don't see how attacking Catholics in general is any better. Certainly the OP was offended and has stated that he will never post on here again. By the way, I am not Catholic or even religious (indeed, if anything, anti religious).

So J's reference to "having a laugh and a joke" needs to be seen in context, and "growing a thicker skin" is not the point. Your right to say what you think has to be defended, but it has its limitations. I retract my comment about him being an egomaniac (which was in response, ironically, to my being attacked for criticising his post - if he dishes it out, he has to be prepared to take it too). I don't retract my criticism of sectarian comments that wouldn't be out of place on a Rangers forum.  J might say that his own comments were harmless fun, but in the context of his obvious allegiance to the Red Hand of Ulster and "No Surrender" they were almost bound to be misinterpreted.

I wish him well and hope we are back on speaking terms, but hope he will be able to use better judgement in future

* I reported the IRA terrorist comment, and it's no longer there

Who made the terrorist jibe (if it was me I apologise, and I'm not using my disability here, I genuinely don't remember writing it??????).

PS Good on you for sticking to what you believe, that's one thing I respect about anyone and I think I reiterated that in my pm?!!

There really is a need to take this forum and its posts/posters with a pinch of salt, this is escapism after all and remember beware of the trolls.....

Who made the terrorist jibe (if it was me I apologise, and I'm not using my disability here, I genuinely don't remember writing it??????).

PS Good on you for sticking to what you believe, that's one thing I respect about anyone and I think I reiterated that in my pm?!!

There really is a need to take this forum and its posts/posters with a pinch of salt, this is escapism after all and remember beware of the trolls.....

No, no it wasn't you. The worst you did was to mock the unfortunate OP and imply his post was crap because of the catholic reference.

Archived