IGNORED

Iphone 6 / 6 Plus

BRISTOL86

Nope, will not touch Apple products personally. Overpriced and generally the followers of technology rather than innovators... Which they would try to have you believe.

What they are good at is sales techniques, and getting the likes of BBC onside for some free advertising.

Apple, hell no.

Nope, will not touch Apple products personally. Overpriced and generally the followers of technology rather than innovators... Which they would try to have you believe.

What they are good at is sales techniques, and getting the likes of BBC onside for some free advertising.

Apple, hell no.

Won't argue with any of that, I'm under no illusions that I've been brainwashed by marketing genuises.

But what I will say is that I've been using Apple products since 2004 and I've never once had a fault with one or had anything other than a top notch customer/sales experience.

I've had multiple generations of iPod, iPhone, iPad and a MacBook and you've got to say that they do make an excellent quality product. I just pick up a Nokia/HTC/Samsung phone and know instantly it's not for me.

Won't argue with any of that, I'm under no illusions that I've been brainwashed by marketing genuises.

But what I will say is that I've been using Apple products since 2003 and I've never once had a fault with one or had anything other than a top notch customer/sales experience.

I've had multiple generations of iPod, iPhone, iPad and a MacBook and you've got to say that they do make an excellent quality product. I just pick up a Nokia/HTC/Samsung phone and know instantly it's not for me.

Yep advertising and customer services are top notch.

Having worked with apple products for the best part of 20 years in one guise or another due to work, I have to say the break down rate is quite similar to any of the other laptop and computer manufacturers, in my experience and their servers are a bit shonky. The kit is good, but not to the extent of their over pricing.

I am a jail break android man myself when it comes to phones. Haven't decided on my next phone yet.

Yep advertising and customer services are top notch.

Having worked with apple products for the best part of 20 years in one guise or another due to work, I have to say the break down rate is quite similar to any of the other laptop and computer manufacturers, in my experience and their servers are a bit shonky. The kit is good, but not to the extent of their over pricing.

I am a jail break android man myself when it comes to phones. Haven't decided on my next phone yet.

Perhaps I've got lucky in terms of not having any products go faulty. I normally keep a phone for 2 years whereas I know people who have had the same phone for 5, so that probably helps!

I buy my handset from Apple directly and then buy a sim-only contract which is normally around 40% of the cost of a contract with a network for the phone+contract together direct from the network.

Perhaps I've got lucky in terms of not having any products go faulty. I normally keep a phone for 2 years whereas I know people who have had the same phone for 5, so that probably helps!

I buy my handset from Apple directly and then buy a sim-only contract which is normally around 40% of the cost of a contract with a network for the phone+contract together direct from the network.

Or maybe I am unlucky! Who knows. I just can't buy into the price and the "its cool" vibe around it. So they are banned in my household :)

Looking at the nexus with a giff gaff contract. For the money, I'm not sure if there is anything better out there at the moment. Have to say I do like the apple casing, but that will never be enough persuade me ;)

To add I could not stand Jobs either. I find it crazy that Jobs was help in such high esteem but never gave anything back, and was quite a vile bloke, whereas bill gates, well he has setup foundations given millions away to good causes, but is often ridiculed. Just another reason I dislike them!

He he I'm too set in my ways to go to the dark side now

Or maybe I am unlucky! Who knows. I just can't buy into the price and the "its cool" vibe around it. So they are banned in my household :)

Looking at the nexus with a giff gaff contract. For the money, I'm not sure if there is anything better out there at the moment. Have to say I do like the apple casing, but that will never be enough persuade me ;)

I know literally nothing about any other phones! I know lots of people who rave about their Samsungs.

I got an Iphone around this time last year, couldn't be bothered with the prices of what was the 5s etc at the time so went for a 4s, decent price and generally a good phone imo. Won't go near the 6's again because of price and I have another year anyways before my contract is up.

in my experience and their servers are a bit shonky. The kit is good, but not to the extent of their over pricing.

I have never come across an Apple server ever (and I can't think of a reason anyone would ever want one). What are they used for? File sharing? 

I love my iPads and iPod, but would never want an apple phone. I love the flexibility of android too much, I can make my phone look so much different just by changing launchers, keyboards etc, heck I can even make it look like an Apple if I choose. I've got a Samsung Note, I like a big phone and I've just upgraded it to KitKat so it suits me just fine.

Apple do seem to be quality products though, it's just he hype over having the latest phone the Apple lovers seem to fall for more than any other brand which makes me cringe.

iphone 5 is an overpriced piece of shit to be honest, I wish I never upgraded from my 4s, I've had nothing but problems with the 5, speaked breaking having to replace the shitty recharge cable over and over and over again,

Apple are worse then microsoft,

Iphone6? you're better off buying a laptop and skype as it will be more powerful and a hell of a lot cheaper

Perhaps this is a moment for us all to reflect on the scale of poverty on the planet, whilst people in this country spend hundreds of pounds on telephones, and 10's of pounds every month on phone bills.

Perhaps we should go without these devices, give the money to the poor and starving, and see what good we can do.

How many lives could be saved.

:innocent06:

St. TFR

Vge3M7S.jpg

I love these kind of things but what they fail to appreciate is that the geeky tech functionality is only one part of the equation and people's decision making on product choice.

I buy Apple because I've grown up using their products and because I love the look and feel of them.

Car manufacturers are constantly coming up with 'new' functionality that a rival will say has been on theirs for years. But most people buy what they like because of a number of considerations and not just base functionality.

You can show me a Kia with any range of incredible new engine technologies but I'd still rather have a 10 year old Ferrari given the choice!

I love these kind of things but what they fail to appreciate is that the geeky tech functionality is only one part of the equation and people's decision making on product choice.

I buy Apple because I've grown up using their products and because I love the look and feel of them.

Car manufacturers are constantly coming up with 'new' functionality that a rival will say has been on theirs for years. But most people buy what they like because of a number of considerations and not just base functionality.

You can show me a Kia with any range of incredible new engine technologies but I'd still rather have a 10 year old Ferrari given the choice!

I'd have the Kia which are damn fine cars these days.

It's pointing out, as you are saying, that it's about emotional attachment to a brand.  I have that in a sense with Bristol City when my local non-league club is much cheaper and a top-premiership club provides much better entertainment.

I don't however share the Apple love-in. In fact I would pretty much have anything other than Apple having had an iPhone 3 at work, not liked it and resented having to set up a bleedin' itunes account just to put my own CDs on it.

I'd have the Kia which are damn fine cars these days.

It's pointing out, as you are saying, that it's about emotional attachment to a brand. I have that in a sense with Bristol City when my local non-league club is much cheaper and a top-Premier League club provides much better entertainment.

I don't however share the Apple love-in. In fact I would pretty much have anything other than Apple having had an iPhone 3 at work, not liked it and resented having to set up a bleedin' itunes account just to put my own CDs on it.

I like the BCFC analogy! If only I could emotionally detach myself!

I too don't share the apple view,

I will always get a PC over a mac as you can do so much more with it (you don't even have to have microsoft windows)

The iPhone5 has left a real sour taste in my mouth which makes me not want to get a 6 (my contract is set for an upgrade next month)

Is anyone getting a 6 anytime soon (after launch) I'd like to see some feed back

I too don't share the apple view,

I will always get a PC over a mac as you can do so much more with it (you don't even have to have microsoft windows)

The iPhone5 has left a real sour taste in my mouth which makes me not want to get a 6 (my contract is set for an upgrade next month)

Is anyone getting a 6 anytime soon (after launch) I'd like to see some feed back

Shame about your iphone 5 experience. Sounds like I got lucky. I've had a 3GS or whatever it's called, a 4 and a 5 and I'd say that the 5 has been the best for me. Dropped it twice from a fair height in my work car park and hardly mark on it!

Will try and give objective feedback on the 6 when I get it!

Archived