IGNORED

Nicky Butt England

IdliketoRogerMoore

Confirm Alex ferguson pulled him and others out off playing for England! Nothing that wasn't suspected but now how been confirmed!

Not sure id let anyone stop me from playing for my country if I was good enough!

Absolutely , if they get picked for England (and the manager didn't want them released)  then you'd assume they would be an important part of the club team. In that position the player should demand to be allowed to go, hardly going to be sacked are they.  

Nicky Butt should never have been near the England team anyway.

But I can't see Beckham ever allowing Ferguson to have pulled him out of an England game - he'd play with a broken leg.

Take it you missed the 2002 World Cup? Butt was terrific, gave balance and cover and possibly made team of the tournament, although I could be wrong on that. Mind you Pele said he was brilliant so I could be imagining this!

Alex Ferfuson has killed his credibility since resigning.

He left United with a crap squad with possibly the worst midfield of his reign as he didn't spend to improve it (Sneijder). He slagged off the players who won him the medals in his book to get a few more quid which he didn't need, and he got his mate Moyes and handed him straight to the slaughter because of his negligence in the last 18 months of his reign - where he managed for short term success and with no eye on the future or succession planning, particular with the chief exec going as well.

He's a megalomaniac of the highest order.

Alex Ferfuson has killed his credibility since resigning.

He left United with a crap squad with possibly the worst midfield of his reign as he didn't spend to improve it (Sneijder). He slagged off the players who won him the medals in his book to get a few more quid which he didn't need, and he got his mate Moyes and handed him straight to the slaughter because of his negligence in the last 18 months of his reign - where he managed for short term success and with no eye on the future or succession planning, particular with the chief exec going as well.

He's a megalomaniac of the highest order.

Are we still talking about Gary Johnson????

Are we still talking about Gary Johnson????

I never was. AF was negligent, GJ was a victim of his own success - the club grew too fast under him and unrealistic expecatations followed.

Most against the rubbish of World Football. Fact is when it really matters he never shows.

Not quite true.

He was decent in Euro 2004 and the qualifiers for major tournaments (16 goals in 22). A lot are against poor sides but seeing as he is the one who actually scores the goals (I don't see many others doing it) and that we don't have many decent strikers, to say he wouldn't have been missed is rubbish. 

I wouldn't say he is world class - too many injuries I think saw that he would never quite reach the potential he had. Still I don't see any other chipping in with 41 goals for England any time soon...

Not quite true.

He was decent in Euro 2004 and the qualifiers for major tournaments (16 goals in 22). A lot are against poor sides but seeing as he is the one who actually scores the goals (I don't see many others doing it) and that we don't have many decent strikers, to say he wouldn't have been missed is rubbish. 

I wouldn't say he is world class - too many injuries I think saw that he would never quite reach the potential he had. Still I don't see any other chipping in with 41 goals for England any time soon...

Decent in 2004 - 10 years ago !        Nuff said.  Tell me how do injuries stop you from being world class?

Either  you have the talent to be called world class; or you haven't.

Most against the rubbish of World Football. Fact is when it really matters he never shows.

He has scored against Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Uruguay, Croatia and Switzerland - all of whom have been ranked in the top 10 in recent times. Hardly 'the rubbish of world football'.

And once again on this thread, his four goals in Euro 2004 don't seem to count for anything 'because it was ten years ago' - someone explain that logic to me? 

33 goals in European club competitions (the majority being in the champions league, including one in a final against Barcelona - also conveniently ignored by the critics) isn't too shabby either.  

He has scored against Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Uruguay, Croatia and Switzerland - all of whom have been ranked in the top 10 in recent times. Hardly 'the rubbish of world football'.

And once again on this thread, his four goals in Euro 2004 don't seem to count for anything 'because it was ten years ago' - someone explain that logic to me? 

33 goals in European club competitions (the majority being in the champions league, including one in a final against Barcelona - also conveniently ignored by the critics) isn't too shabby either.  

Indeed.

And where are all these strikers that are better than him in England? Basically he is the best we have had over the past 10 years even if he isn't world class.

Decent in 2004 - 10 years ago !        Nuff said.  Tell me how do injuries stop you from being world class?

Either  you have the talent to be called world class; or you haven't.

Quite easy. If you pick up injuries when young it can hamper your talent and growth. You can easily see what happened to Michael Owen in this respect.

Had Rooney not had the injuries he had then I suspect he would have carried on his euro 2004 form for most of his career.

Quite easy. If you pick up injuries when young it can hamper your talent and growth. You can easily see what happened to Michael Owen in this respect.

Had Rooney not had the injuries he had then I suspect he would have carried on his euro 2004 form for most of his career.

not true he has his best seasons were 2009 and 2011 where he scored 34 goals in All competitions which isn't to shabby! People's expectations of him are too high!

not true he has his best seasons were 2009 and 2011 where he scored 34 goals in All competitions which isn't to shabby! People's expectations of him are too high!

I'm not saying he hasn't had good seasons since - just that I think his injuries meant he never reached his full potential.

I see his goal today means he has scored 175 PL goals. Pretty poor and we have lots of other English strikers who are better...

I'm not saying he hasn't had good seasons since - just that I think his injuries meant he never reached his full potential.

I see his goal today means he has scored 175 PL goals. Pretty poor and we have lots of other English strikers who are better...

Also scored just four goals less than Sturridge last season; looking at the difference in perception of the two you'd think it was forty less.

Archived