IGNORED

Nicky Butt England

IdliketoRogerMoore

Decent in 2004 - 10 years ago !        Nuff said.  Tell me how do injuries stop you from being world class?

Either  you have the talent to be called world class; or you haven't.

3 different England managers, 3 different Manc managers oh and Jose trying his hardest to buy him last season.....but hey 

what do they know :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

This is where we are in agreement there isnt ( we know of as yet) anyone.

I'm stating In my opinion he isn't someone to hero worship. He as do the whole England squad for that matter don't turn up In major tournements. The last time we looked like ever winning anything was euro 96.

This World Cup just gone for instance, was there any excited optimism through out the land.?

No one really cared to much to my mind, and as it panned out we didn't win a game dispite a quite positive start against Italy.

And recently a half full wembley against Belgium, and a quite stale England like game.

Maybe in time with the right coaching will have an England squad who will play with more flare, skill, technical ability.

A group of players that will not fear running at the opposition and trying new tactics to win games.

Past and present squads are so ridged in there approach and mostly just play safe and fridged football.

Square balls, knock it back to the keeper, it seems there raw ability is surpressed, they daren't try anything new. It's coached out of them.

I'm just saying some people I suspect Man U fans seem to think that I'm giving him a diservice.

I agknowlege he has a good goal scoring ratio for England although as said not many of these goals have come in the main tournements we qualify for. So the stats do suggest he won't get the golden boot in the forthcoming euros anytime soon.

Rooney is a good player at club level, and when playing against poor to middling sides at international level. For one reason or another, he has simply not performed in a tournament for ten years.

im not his biggest fan but to be fair to him no one has apart maybe Ashley cole!

The whole squad lets each other down time and time again when we get to tournaments!

im not his biggest fan but to be fair to him no one has apart maybe Ashley cole!

The whole squad lets each other down time and time again when we get to tournaments!

Very true. I think the reason Rooney gets so much stick is because he's hyped so much. Admittedly that's not his fault, but it inevitably leads to a bigger fall when he doesn't produce the goods. Also, I think it annoys the everyman when a player who earns so much doesn't justify his wages.

This is where we are in agreement there isnt ( we know of as yet) anyone.

I'm stating In my opinion he isn't someone to hero worship. He as do the whole England squad for that matter don't turn up In major tournements. The last time we looked like ever winning anything was euro 96.

This World Cup just gone for instance, was there any excited optimism through out the land.?

No one really cared to much to my mind, and as it panned out we didn't win a game dispite a quite positive start against Italy.

And recently a half full wembley against Belgium, and a quite stale England like game.

Maybe in time with the right coaching will have an England squad who will play with more flare, skill, technical ability.

A group of players that will not fear running at the opposition and trying new tactics to win games.

Past and present squads are so ridged in there approach and mostly just play safe and fridged football.

Square balls, knock it back to the keeper, it seems there raw ability is surpressed, they daren't try anything new. It's coached out of them.

I'm just saying some people I suspect Man U fans seem to think that I'm giving him a diservice.

I agknowlege he has a good goal scoring ratio for England although as said not many of these goals have come in the main tournements we qualify for. So the stats do suggest he won't get the golden boot in the forthcoming euros anytime soon.

Let's go back to your original point shall we? "We won't miss Rooney." But you've now said there's no one else. And you're right, he largely hasn't performed in tournaments but we wouldn't be there in the first place without his goals.

Let's go back to your original point shall we? "We won't miss Rooney." But you've now said there's no one else. And you're right, he largely hasn't performed in tournaments but we wouldn't be there in the first place without his goals.

Indeed. There is no one better for England so yes he would have been missed and Redrobbin was wrong.

Would Rooney be regarded differently if he played for anyone but Man U?

I often think that if he had stayed at Everton or maybe gone to Newcastle I think he would get half the amount of stick. People see him winning things and playing well for a big club and then expect him to have the same success for England. It doesn't take rocket science to realise the England squad isn't as good as his club squad(excluding last season). There's a reason he's highly rated world wide by everyone apart from some England fans who just don't like him for being him. 

I often think that if he had stayed at Everton or maybe gone to Newcastle I think he would get half the amount of stick. People see him winning things and playing well for a big club and then expect him to have the same success for England. It doesn't take rocket science to realise the England squad isn't as good as his club squad(excluding last season). There's a reason he's highly rated world wide by everyone apart from some England fans who just don't like him for being him.

I don't think so. His individual performances in the 2010 World Cup were worse than anybody's

Archived