IGNORED

City Vs Doncaster Match Day Thread

dargla

This thread is late.

WHY?

No weather forecast, no team news, no sarcasm.

WHY?

No Aizoon & Horace.

WHY. WHY. WHY?

TFR

I think Aizoon and Horace may be having croissants, and excitable pre match City chat, at Esmond's villa at this very moment.

Well they are in France, so seems very likely imo.

This thread is late.

WHY?

No weather forecast, no team news, no sarcasm.

WHY?

No Aizoon & Horace.

WHY. WHY. WHY?

TFR

Sorry Taxi,,,.. I know I did not get the chance to get on line here in snail pace manila in order to commence the Official Match Day Thread... please forgive me for that. ;)

This match has draw written on the FT score line.. but i think we might just nick it by about 4-1 ... lorra larfs.. its about time we toned someone and why not against a team everyone seems to think will continue their rich vein of away form. narghhh... just cannot see it.

Agard, Flint, Wilbs x 2

Sorry Taxi,,,.. I know I did not get the chance to get on line here in snail pace manila in order to commence the Official Match Day Thread... please forgive me for that. ;)

This match has draw written on the FT score line.. but i think we might just nick it by about 4-1 ... lorra larfs.. its about time we toned someone and why not against a team everyone seems to think will continue their rich vein of away form. narghhh... just cannot see it.

Agard, Flint, Wilbs x 2

4-1 Havana? - don't talk Cilla.

Something tells me some things gonna happen though

Could be a five goal game - I'll go for a 3-2 home win.

A tough fixture this one and many would settle for a draw.

My opinion that a draw although a decent result against a good side stinks of mediocrity and something that we ate still lacking (anyone at Rochdale should know what I mean), belief and that killer instinct.

For us to be up there we need games like this to yield 3 points, a draw although not a bad result it's time this squad made their mark on this league and put good teams to bed.

SHOW NO MERCY.

A tough fixture this one and many would settle for a draw.

My opinion that a draw although a decent result against a good side stinks of mediocrity and something that we ate still lacking (anyone at Rochdale should know what I mean), belief and that killer instinct.

For us to be up there we need games like this to yield 3 points, a draw although not a bad result it's time this squad made their mark on this league and put good teams to bed.

SHOW NO MERCY.

Well said, if we want promotion we should be getting 3 points at home to most teams and not thinking beforehand that a point is decent at home, although it took awhile for the Brentford machine to be fully in motion last season and I think it will be the same for us this season.

as we haven't set up or played like that once this season I'd be surprised.

Frampton seems to have a George Graham / Jose Mourinho approach.

Assuming your 'Frampton' = Cotterill, ( in-joke?) yes, he has seemed to veer more in that direction this season.

Overly cautious imo, and, as I say, he should pick an adventurous team, let the players off the leash and really go for it against anybody at AG.

Assuming your 'Frampton' = Cotterill, ( in-joke?) yes, he has seemed to veer more in that direction this season.

Overly cautious imo, and, as I say, he should pick an adventurous team, let the players off the leash and really go for it against anybody at AG.

This^ teams are worried about playing us at AG at the moment and cotts should be taking full advantage of it.

Overly cautious imo, and, as I say, he should pick an adventurous team, let the players off the leash and really go for it against anybody at AG.

Agree entirely. Been saying it since day one. We have attacking options to tear any team in this league apart, yet we seem to be happy to play cautiously and grind out a win. That's fair enough at the moment as the table says we are second.

I have a theory - he's happy to play this way, keep it tight because he's confident we'll eventually eke out a goal, but whilst knowing that we can play far more attacking if the chips are down. The test will be if we are losing at home with half hour left. I would hope he'd have the balls to move freeman out left, drop JET back in the hole, and bring Burns in on the right. Pace and guile on each flank and goals up front. Surely this would cause any team in this division problems?

Agree entirely. Been saying it since day one. We have attacking options to tear any team in this league apart, yet we seem to be happy to play cautiously and grind out a win. That's fair enough at the moment as the table says we are second.

I have a theory - he's happy to play this way, keep it tight because he's confident we'll eventually eke out a goal, but whilst knowing that we can play far more attacking if the chips are down. The test will be if we are losing at home with half hour left. I would hope he'd have the balls to move freeman out left, drop JET back in the hole, and bring Burns in on the right. Pace and guile on each flank and goals up front. Surely this would cause any team in this division problems?

It would, and it's a reasonable theory ER. 

A bit odd though if he's thinking that way, he gave the impression he'd be even more an attack minded manager when he had suitable players at his disposal.

Now he's got amongst the most potent armoury in the division and he seems reticent to use it.

Why not put your most attacking players on the field from the start with the aim of putting the game beyond reach before half time?

Much more enjoyable for players and supporters.

Nothing to do with today's match. But just been up the top of my road in Southampton to support Francis Benali run past on his way to St Mary's to finish his run for Cancer trust raising 1 Million pound. He has been averaging 50 miles a day, running to every Premiership ground, inspiring.

COYR.

I think Aizoon and Horace may be having croissants, and excitable pre match City chat, at Esmond's villa at this very moment.

Well they are in France, so seems very likely imo.

Alas, we're back. No croissants, but some very acceptable home-baked bread and Somerset goat's cheese :yawn:

Archived