IGNORED

City Vs Doncaster Match Day Thread

dargla

I agree, and being a City lad for many a year I won't get carried away either, but the signs are good if we can keep the 3 points coming.

MK Dons seem a bit of a threat, along with Posh Sheff U etc, will be a good test to see just how good we really are against them. 

I am very confident we will do no worse than get 3 points against Sheff Utd this season...

Dongs, Coventry, P'boro, Swindon, all look to have made decent starts. Sheff Utd starting to get going, still expect Preston to be there or there abouts. Orient the fancied side that has made the worst start, and on paper our worst result! Even 7 games in, and 11 point lead over them is a long way back.

I am very confident we will do no worse than get 3 points against Sheff Utd this season...

Dongs, Coventry, P'boro, Swindon, all look to have made decent starts. Sheff Utd starting to get going, still expect Preston to be there or there abouts. Orient the fancied side that has made the worst start, and on paper our worst result! Even 7 games in, and 11 point lead over them is a long way back.

Only 7 games in but a 6 point gap over 7th already, having said that i still have a gut feeling that 7th is where we will finish

There speaks a real City supporter ;)

Nah, should have pointed out most do have a game in hand to, and reinforced that by saying 12 points away from the drop zone!

Having followed City since, well, some years ago, its not the disappointment that is ultimately crushing, I am used to that, it is the hope!

Nah, should have pointed out most do have a game in hand to, and reinforced that by saying 12 points away from the drop zone!

Having followed City since, well, some years ago, its not the disappointment that is ultimately crushing, I am used to that, it is the hope!

You are a real City supporter ;)

Port Vale fans reckon they are gonna get slaughtered on Tuesday, very dodgy at the back by all accounts. Bring it on! :D

Well, they did just lose to the bottom team ,sending them in to the relegation zone, and they're on an awful run of form.

... probably means we'll get stuffed, knowing City!   :noexp:

Well, they did just lose to the bottom team ,sending them in to the relegation zone, and they're on an awful run of form.

... probably means we'll get stuffed, knowing City!   :noexp:

All about attitude, if the team go to Vale thinking they have made it, top of the league .v. side in relegation places, then we will get a rude awakening. Go there prepared to work hard from the kick-off and surely our talent will shine though and we will be celebrating another 3 pts.

What a difference to where we were this time last year ! There is of course one man to thank for all of this.

Brilliant signings (all of them),great tactics, a big football brain and just to cap it all he is a West Country man.

He is a perfect fit for our club and I think he will be with us for many years to come - I sincerely hope so.

All about attitude, if the team go to Vale thinking they have made it, top of the league .v. side in relegation places, then we will get a rude awakening. Go there prepared to work hard from the kick-off and surely our talent will shine though and we will be celebrating another 3 pts.

Pretty well what SC said in his interview.

It will be just like us losing to oxford in the cup. It won't happen...

My fear exactly.  Though, to be fair; imagine we'll not be changing half or more of the side.

That said; with Vale and Fleetwood's respective starts to the season, if Cotts was to 'rest' players for any game, imagine it would be Tuesday.

But then were you to change things up, JET did score twice last time we played Port Vale...

Totally agree.  

And if today is anything to go by, it seems they are not being allowed to be complacent, being we've started well and kept them under the cosh until we got a cushion.

Think it was Nogbad who said we need to 'go for the throat' right from the first whistle, and having done that today against a team with a perfect away record, then we should be doing the same against Port Vale; throw everything at them from the start, get their crowd's backs up, and force our way of playing on them.

I think it says a lot about our team when JET can't get into the first 11.

Those who disagree have a look at JET's contribution when it mattered last season, the goals he scored and his assists were the difference between us being written off, dead and buried by half way through the season.

This year we are a harder team to beat, I'd still like to see a 2nd keeper brought it, whether if its as a number 1 or an older experienced number 2.

I still think JET will get his chance as its a long season, when he does it'll be a scary prospect for teams to deal with, this is a city team full of confidence, hard work and I'd like to think team spirit.

Agree entirely. Been saying it since day one. We have attacking options to tear any team in this league apart, yet we seem to be happy to play cautiously and grind out a win. That's fair enough at the moment as the table says we are second.

I have a theory - he's happy to play this way, keep it tight because he's confident we'll eventually eke out a goal, but whilst knowing that we can play far more attacking if the chips are down. The test will be if we are losing at home with half hour left. I would hope he'd have the balls to move freeman out left, drop JET back in the hole, and bring Burns in on the right. Pace and guile on each flank and goals up front. Surely this would cause any team in this division problems?

Were you happy with today or was it not attacking enough for you?

Said it a while ago, we will stay top until the 89th minute of the last game when we will concede a soft penalty and drop two points, meanwhile Sheffield United will win 5-0 to take the title on goal difference leaving us as runners up again.

I will be a bit pissed off if Sheff U are our title contenders.  Any team that buys JCR to strengthen their squad should not be a title contender.

What a difference to where we were this time last year ! There is of course one man to thank for all of this.

Brilliant signings (all of them),great tactics, a big football brain and just to cap it all he is a West Country man.

He is a perfect fit for our club and I think he will be with us for many years to come - I sincerely hope so.

The one man being SL who had the courage to sack Dreary, when many on here thought he should stay for the season and longer ! and bring in a man to shake things up, even then SC was lambasted by some.

It was a move that probably saved us from relegation and turned the fortunes of this club. S.C didn't bring himself here the boss did and just in time.

The secret of our success to-date has to be the improvement of the defence. Flint is a rock. Williams has matured and Smith and Little have added new blood and variation. We have moved from being a team that scored a lot of goals and let in a lot of silly ones to a team that is tight at the back, enterprising in the middle and with a strike force that can score enough goals from a wide variety of positions. Long may it continue!

The one man being SL who had the courage to sack Dreary, when many on here thought he should stay for the season and longer ! and bring in a man to shake things up, even then SC was lambasted by some.

It was a move that probably saved us from relegation and turned the fortunes of this club. S.C didn't bring himself here the boss did and just in time.

Fair comment Woody. SL has certainly made some mistakes over the years but this was not one of them. And you are right to remind us all of how much we owe Steve Lansdown.

About 50 million quid I believe !

Archived