IGNORED

Korey Smith

SuperDziek

Korey Smith is like a ninja. Pops up everywhere pretty much unnoticed. Breaks things up, gets things going, never stops grafting, probably one of the most spectacular but 'invisible' players we have had for a very long time.

When you think of the role he plays, even more credit to him for not even picking up a booking yet.

Be honest, but how many of us had actually heard of him before, or were excited when he signed?

Brilliant signing.

To those of you who gave up listening to McClueless and O'Drivel describing games other than that you'd just watched just how refreshing is it to hear SC give a spot on analysis ?

Driving home last night I listened to him highlight that the midfield 3 yesterday would doubtless be cast by the fickle few as having had quieter games when the exact opposite was the case. They worked their socks off against a very talented opposition - Bennett in particular looks one to follow. The great thing about Elliott and Smith is they've given us what we've lacked for years - terriers who quickly close down, disrupt - all with a touch of 'dig' . Note the fickle comment more as to how the opposition are more prone to make errors and give the ball away - that's because we're forcing them to. Midfield is best in years.

Wilbraham, Smith, Freeman, Agard, Elliot and Ayling combined all for the same transfer fees as Baldock! Cracking business.

That really puts perspective on what an intelligent close season this club had.

I also think the Botswana trip was great for bonding the side. Compared to other seasons when we've had a high player turnover, this group started the season as if they knew each other. Clever stuff

Didn't stand out as much today as in the last couple of home games, but what a steal. Great business by SC to get him as he should surely being plying his trade in the championship.

Also, we've had some good fortune already this season but the biggest bit must be SC bumping into Aaron Wilbraham in Dubai! Can't say I was overly impressed with his signing but then, I wasn't impressed with SC being appointed!

COYR

I think you've mis-spelt Korey?

He was superb again last night and is right up there with Flint and Wilbraham in being our star of the season so far in my opinion. The positions he takes up, his ability to retain possession and the speed in which he moves the ball are excellent and something we haven't had from our midfield for a long time.

Excellent signing. 

He was superb again last night and is right up there with Flint and Wilbraham in being our star of the season so far in my opinion. The positions he takes up, his ability to retain possession and the speed in which he moves the ball are excellent and something we haven't had from our midfield for a long time.

Excellent signing. 

Agree again fella.

Positionally absolutely superb last night. He is so key to the system we are playing at the moment. He read the game well last night as he always does, sensed danger and was always assured on the ball. Enjoy watching him play. Very intelligent player.

Archived