IGNORED

Doncaster Fans

Cider red

Bitter lot aren't they. Looking on their forum apparently we are not very good, over rated, and our home support is poor. I thought it was quiet at times but the 'east end' sang for large chunks of the game and the dolman and atyeo even joined in! With regards to us not being very good, we bossed the game without getting out of second gear, and being honest it could have been a lot worse for them for a few good saves and blocks. Saying all of that I am not getting carried away, we will see if this team has title credentials when it bounces back from losing. We have a tougher looking next 2 out of 3 games with Fleetwood and Mk dons then a much tougher looking October, if we come through that period well then we may just be genuine promotion contenders.  

3 points end off ...next...

Yep. If they think they deserved anything after shipping three then fair play to them. We'll take the three points and concentrate on Port Vale.

That said, I did like the poster who said that, but for the three goals and the sending off, they'd have got something. I didn't know Andy Townsend supported Doncaster.

• Admin

Just to change the theme of this thread, did anyone else see the idiots in the white minibus parked in Smyth Road?

Some oath was waving a Donny flag and trying his hardest to get a reaction from someone, then some spotty ginger lad who conveniently fitted well into the Chav description started ranting too.

Nobody responded to them, but the best thing was the pure distain they were receiving from City fans walking past

Just to change the theme of this thread, did anyone else see the idiots in the white minibus parked in Smyth Road?

Some oath was waving a Donny flag and trying his hardest to get a reaction from someone, then some spotty ginger lad who conveniently fitted well into the Chav description started ranting too.

Nobody responded to them, but the best thing was the pure distain they were receiving from City fans walking past

I laughed rather loudly at them, they didn't like it much

Its typical of any forum when your team have been beaten, including this one.

Always concentrating on the deficiencies of their team and giving the winning team no thought other than "they were average" or "they were there for the taking". 

Not bitter, just myopic.

we are so avg that we are top 6 points clear of 7th already, just think what we would be like if we were good like MK Dons (one of the teams they mentioned)?

Yep. If they think they deserved anything after shipping three then fair play to them. We'll take the three points and concentrate on Port Vale.

That said, I did like the poster who said that, but for the three goals and the sending off, they'd have got something. I didn't know Andy Townsend supported Doncaster.

Sven was even better "If they had scored more goals than us they would have won, but that is football" What a brain.

They have apoint about the atmosphere,I mean how can any ground in the country compare with the mighty Keep moat or what ever it's being called at the moment,it's nealy as loud and non stop as that non league place up the road from me,hostile or what.

Sven was even better "If they had scored more goals than us they would have won, but that is football" What a brain.

:D. Our very own Steve Cotterill was on national TV the other day saying he'd rather be top of the league than bottom!

I reckon we can make a collection of sound bites out of this chap, like we used to Johnson. Difference being, I don't think it's as contrived as it was with Johnson. It just rolls off his tongue.... no better comedian than a person who doesn't realise they're funny, imo.

They have apoint about the atmosphere,I mean how can any ground in the country compare with the mighty Keep moat or what ever it's being called at the moment,it's nealy as loud and non stop as that non league place up the road from me,hostile or what.

to be fair they said something along the line of "it was so quiet at times that it was almost as bad as the keepmoat" im paraphrasing but you get the idea

:D. Our very own Steve Cotterill was on national TV the other day saying he'd rather be top of the league than bottom!

I reckon we can make a collection of sound bites out of this chap, like we used to Johnson. Difference being, I don't think it's as contrived as it was with Johnson. It just rolls off his tongue.... no better comedian than a person who doesn't realise they're funny, imo.

Earlier in pre season Cotts said on BCFC player  about his new look team something along the lines " They're great men- a really lovely bunch of boys"

Only for the fact that they were in plain view in the Atyeo (and not sculking in the EE corner like spiders in cobwebs) did I realize they were there at all ,****** cheek!

let's be honest, how often do we actually create a good atmosphere throughout a game? I havent been able to go this season but only missed 2 home games last season and there were only 2 games that we did create a good atmosphere throughout imo, one against the gas and the other against crewe (i think) for the east ends final game.

let's be honest, how often do we actually create a good atmosphere throughout a game? I havent been able to go this season but only missed 2 home games last season and there were only 2 games that we did create a good atmosphere throughout imo, one against the gas and the other against crewe (i think) for the east ends final game.

It's been damn good this season, actually !

Archived