IGNORED

Former Player Watch...

The Chaplain

Good to see Jamie McCombe get a good reception yesterday! Probably the best reception I've seen a retuning player get. Usually a few boos from sections but nothing apart from appreciation for the big centre half yesterday!

Yes, almost as good as the reception Holloway gets when he comes to BS3  :whistle:

On another note, Ipswich fans have finally realised that Cole Skuse isn't good enough for a team wanting to push towards play offs. Most of them don't want him in the team anymore

Sounds similar to his time at City. The managers, who have professional football league experience, think he's worth a place in the team, but some of the fans, who have no league experience, disagree.

It's worth noting, that in both instances, the opinions expressed only represent the opinions of the fans on the respective forums. Although some people believe the forums reflect the opinions of the fans, the reality is they only reflect the opinions of a very small percentage of the fans.

Richard Keogh having a very decent game for Derby so far. Must be one of the only ones we've let go in recent years that's gone on to better himself.

I don't think it was a case of City wanting to let him go. He wanted to leave for various reasons including misc disagreements with the manager. If the situation had been handled in a better way he may have remained at the club.

I don't think it was a case of City wanting to let him go. He wanted to leave for various reasons including misc disagreements with the manager. If the situation had been handled in a better way he may have remained at the club.

And he could have been our defensive sub at Wembley, he was still a City player having finished a loan spell somewhere. GJ clearly didn't trust Vasko to be replace an injured defender.....

I think for the best of his career moving away was the right move.

I know many are of the opinion that, now they've left, they are of no interest to us, conversely, others like to be kept in touch. On that note I spotted an interesting sentence in the BBC's report of goings on at Griffin Park yesterday:

"Brighton striker Sam Baldock should have put his side ahead on 18 minutes, but rounded keeper David Button only to see his weak effort cleared off the line by James Tarkowski."

I'm an admirer of Sam and, of course, wish him all the best, but I'm sure that will produce a wry smile for some.

If we go up and Brighton come down, should we buy Baldock back ?

Bikey seems to be doing ok at Charlton too....

I live in London and share with a Charlton season ticket holder. He says Bikey has been immense. They lost a few of their better players/defenders over the summer but if anything have improved with Bikey... and their new Angolan stiker who is scoring for fun. Pity we didn't unearth any gems like that in Botswana

Archived