IGNORED

Former Player Watch...

The Chaplain

I know many are of the opinion that, now they've left, they are of no interest to us, conversely, others like to be kept in touch.  On that note I spotted an interesting sentence in the BBC's report of goings on at Griffin Park yesterday:

"Brighton striker Sam Baldock should have put his side ahead on 18 minutes, but rounded keeper David Button only to see his weak effort cleared off the line by James Tarkowski."

I'm an admirer of Sam and, of course, wish him all the best, but I'm sure that will produce a wry smile for some.

On another note, Ipswich fans have finally realised that Cole Skuse isn't good enough for a team wanting to push towards play offs. Most of them don't want him in the team anymore

Bit harsh. Maybe he isn't good enough for a top championship side but then the standard of the teams right at the top of the championship is very high. Ipswich aren't there at the moment and top quality central midfielders don't grow on tress. I think it says more about him that he's been an almost ever present in an Ipswich side that have been just outside the play-offs for the past year and a half.

He's clearly better and done better than many City fans have ever given him credit for. Think it's a little negative and harsh to focus on him not being good enough for promotion chasing championship teams. Who would they rather have? Peter Whittingham, Bradley Johnson? It's unrealistic for them to sign much better at the moment.

Cole Skuse seems to be getting a lot of stick from Ipswich fans on social media recently. A bit of a turnaround considering they were all praising him last season!

James Wilson, Brian Wilson and Elokobi kept their fourth clean sheet in a row for Oldham this weekend. Noble was released by Oldham after just a few weeks there but he was on a 'pay as you play' contract.

Bit harsh. Maybe he isn't good enough for a top championship side but then the standard of the teams right at the top of the championship is very high. Ipswich aren't there at the moment and top quality central midfielders don't grow on tress. I think it says more about him that he's been an almost ever present in an Ipswich side that have been just outside the play-offs for the past year and a half.

He's clearly better and done better than many City fans have ever given him credit for. Think it's a little negative and harsh to focus on him not being good enough for promotion chasing championship teams. Who would they rather have? Peter Whittingham, Bradley Johnson? It's unrealistic for them to sign much better at the moment.

Well they think they have better midfielders in the squad so not about buying anyone else.

Cole Skuse seems to be getting a lot of stick from Ipswich fans on social media recently. A bit of a turnaround considering they were all praising him last season!

James Wilson, Brian Wilson and Elokobi kept their fourth clean sheet in a row for Oldham this weekend. Noble was released by Oldham after just a few weeks there but he was on a 'pay as you play' contract.

James Wilson is certainly impressing at the Sports Direct Stadium

Richard Keogh having a very decent game for Derby so far. Must be one of the only ones we've let go in recent years that's gone on to better himself.

We wanted to keep him if I remember correctly? He was offered a contract by us and had a better offer elsewhere didn't he? I still fondly remember that header he scored against Middlesbrough in the FA cup when GJ was manager. I think it was the year we got promoted?!

I know many are of the opinion that, now they've left, they are of no interest to us, conversely, others like to be kept in touch.  On that note I spotted an interesting sentence in the BBC's report of goings on at Griffin Park yesterday:

"Brighton striker Sam Baldock should have put his side ahead on 18 minutes, but rounded keeper David Button only to see his weak effort cleared off the line by James Tarkowski."

I'm an admirer of Sam and, of course, wish him all the best, but I'm sure that will produce a wry smile for some.

I read that Baldock got the assists for both Brighton goals

We wanted to keep him if I remember correctly? He was offered a contract by us and had a better offer elsewhere didn't he? I still fondly remember that header he scored against Middlesbrough in the FA cup when GJ was manager. I think it was the year we got promoted?!

He was living with Nobel and I think he needed to move away and put his career back on track which he eventually did..

Don't think so, as he was sub for first game at Brighton.

That's what I meant by almost. My point was that understandably he was on the bench for his first game there (as he'd only just signed for them) but other than that he has played every minute for us and them without scoring. Yet.

Archived