IGNORED

A Few Tips From A Big Club - Dave L Perhaps Interested?

Rocky

This Saturday I passed though the turnstiles into the Dolman by the corner with the Atyeo at 14:35. Tried to buy a pasty and coffee, only to be told the pasties weren't ready yet. That's 25 minutes before kick off. Unfortunately, that's the second time for me this year. Next time I need to get something to eat I won't even try, it'll be the Clark's van for me.

New ideas are all well and good and Chelsea seem to be doing well by the supporters. Before we start with new ideas we could start with some basic competence and our current subcontractor actually giving a t055 about customer service.

Just a thought.

As I wasn't around or going when we played the bigger clubs, I've been to a lot of the Premiership grounds as a neutral

Chelsea is probably my favourite 'big club' experience, still traditional football feel to Stamford Bridge but efficiently dealing with supporters and making sure everything is just right.

Them and Everton both seem to have managed this brilliantly and should be something we strive for.

Arsenal was too much like Wembley for me and very sterile whereas ManU was just increbily plastic and I felt like I really stood out not wearing something ManU branded - so the second time I wore a City scarf ;)

The redeveloped concourses at Ashton Gate will give us an opportunity to make much-needed improvements in our catering and toilet facilities.

Which is great in a couple of years when completed.

Meanwhile, Rocky, in his OP makes some really good suggestions which would help with queues  and be a better match day experience. Surely worth consideration?

Which is great in a couple of years when completed.

Meanwhile, Rocky, in his OP makes some really good suggestions which would help with queues  and be a better match day experience. Surely worth consideration?

there just isn't the room in the williams to do it sadly as much as we want to we just can't,

The redeveloped concourses at Ashton Gate will give us an opportunity to make much-needed improvements in our catering and toilet facilities.

That's good news Dave because right now, the catering is in the toilet so to speak.

To echo Calculus' earlier point - I've bought both poor and acceptable - but never outstanding quality food from the Dolman bar this season and on occasion, found certain "staples" such as pasties to be "not ready" 30 minutes before kick off. It's not cheap - especially when buying for a family - and too "hit and miss" to make it worthwhile. We don't buy food there now to the detriment of the club and our matchday experience.

Dave, does this mean you are taking note of the proposals/ ideas on this thread?

......and poor performance and punters going elsewhere. The vans outside the ground are both quicker, cheaper and better quality, not sure if they are associated with the club, if not the club lose out big time.

......and poor performance and punters going elsewhere. The vans outside the ground are both quicker, cheaper and better quality, not sure if they are associated with the club, if not the club lose out big time.

I would hazard a guess that they pay the club to be there as they are on the clubs land,

There almost certainly won't be a sea change until the new concourse is done, simply from a logical point of view. Why refurbish everything when it's going to be torn down again within a year? Which would probably only happen anyway if Lindley get the hook, which again seems pointless not leaving that until it's done. Obviously the basics like having stuff ready half an hour before kick off need sorting now though.

I think it's fair to say the experience will be hugely different and dare I say improved, once redevelopment is complete.

Remember SL is investing heavily in wi fi technology (think he even has his own stadium wifi firm), so expect there will b the ability to buy food and drinks on the AG app whilst sitting in your seat (perhaps whilst there is an injury break?), and swiftly collect at ht, amongst tons of other possibilities.

The burger vans outside the turnstiles pay the club for the pitch and also the prices of food have to match that inside the ground.

Trouble with Lindley is the food dished out in the corporate areas is very good.

The beer token/express bar is a great system and should be implemented now.

The burger vans outside the turnstiles pay the club for the pitch and also the prices of food have to match that inside the ground.

Trouble with Lindley is the food dished out in the corporate areas is very good.

Fair enough Tom but the van at the site of the old Wedlocks surpasses anything inside the ground.

And presumably nobody that matters ever tastes the food that Lindley serves out to the plebs?

My parents are season tickets for the egg chasers. They have always raved about the catering at the Minimal, especially the pasties by The Cornish Pasty Company and the Ruby and Whites burger van. After sampling the fayre at the Gate at the game against Worcester they are now refusing to eat, and I quote, 'any more of that shite again', and have said they would rather go to KFC, which says it all. They have even gone to the extent of throwing away the pie for a quid voucher from their voucher books!

It would seem that on the catering front all is not well.

I seem to recall a customer questionnaire initiated by you a few years ago (can't quite remember the name of the exercise).

Catering was one of the big points of complaint from us "customers".  You promised to address the issues.

So I hope you'll forgive me if I note you say "will give us an opportunity" and don't indicate any resolutions, and I'm not surprised.

Think a cheap pint before a certain time would be a great idea for us considering the lack of turnstiles and the resulting queues. I suppose it would depend on the catering company wether this is possible but definitely something worth looking into.

Also can't understand (as has been said many times) why we don't pre pour a certain number of pints in preparation for half time?!

I seem to recall a customer questionnaire initiated by you a few years ago (can't quite remember the name of the exercise).

Catering was one of the big points of complaint from us "customers". You promised to address the issues.

So I hope you'll forgive me if I note you say "will give us an opportunity" and don't indicate any resolutions, and I'm not surprised.

Nothing was done, is being done or will be done about the catering. World without end. Amen.

Archived