IGNORED

A Few Tips From A Big Club - Dave L Perhaps Interested?

Rocky

• Admin

Its worth more than just consideration.

It isn't difficult to work out that pouring a load of pints leading up to the game, at half time, and again towards the end of the game will alleviate a lot of queuing and a lot of stress on bar staff. Everyones a winner - why can't that be put in place ?  Who or what is stopping this very simple process from happening now instead of in two years time ?

I'm sure I can recall being able to order and pay for your half time drinks in the Dolman bar, when it opened (after the bowling club was chucked out), it worked then, why not now.

Slightly off topic; the best off field experience I've had whilst following City was about 10 years ago at Rushden.

Driving up to the ground two uniformed Stewards asked if I was staying for the game or merely dropping someone off. I said I was staying so was directed to a large, free tarmac (not gravel) car park. Those Stewards were there throughout the game to ensure cars were not stolen or vandalised. After the game they directed traffic away from the ground.

Walking up to the entrance the programme sellers & turnstile operators were all pleasant and said please & thank you.

Inside, the catering staff were actually interested in serving you. Prices were reasonable and hot food was really hot, not just warm.

Pitch side the Stewards directed to your seat instead of simply saying "Up there mate".

After the game we were able to chat and joke with the Stewards about how the game had gone.

I thought at the time certain Premiership teams could do with signing up the stadium staff from R&D.

is this some kind of Witch craft, been watching it for about 5 mins now and just can't get my head around it. Think I'm gunna go mad if some one can't explain this to me!

all I can say is it has something to do with the red device at the bottom of the cup maybe when placed on drinks dispenser it rises to allow drink in and locks into place to stop any falling out when taken off ???

I went to a game at the San Siro a couple of years ago whilst on holiday in Italy and pre-kickoff and during half time they had people with backpacks on coming round the aisles selling drinks, crisps, sweets etc, then they'd go and restock once they sold out. Obviously they wouldn't be allowed to sell alcohol here because of the regulations, but something like that might be worth trying.

The other one I remember is going to see City at Bramall Lane a few years ago, and during the 2nd half the kiosk staff passed through the away end (there were only a few hundred fans in and they were well spread out) selling off the leftover pies and pasties etc for a reduced price, think it was about a quid or so. They explained that otherwise they'd just get chucked out and go to waste. Good idea I thought.

I

The other one I remember is going to see City at Bramall Lane a few years ago, and during the 2nd half the kiosk staff passed through the away end (there were only a few hundred fans in and they were well spread out) selling off the leftover pies and pasties etc for a reduced price, think it was about a quid or so. They explained that otherwise they'd just get chucked out and go to waste. Good idea I thought.

That's a big fib- they sell them on to Lindleys for our next home match.

is this some kind of Witch craft, been watching it for about 5 mins now and just can't get my head around it. Think I'm gunna go mad if some one can't explain this to me!

Just see it as some kind of parallel universe where City cater efficiently. I know it is an odd one to get your head around.

The catering inside Ashton Gate has been abject for years.

The problem is that, while other areas of the entertainment industry have attempted to justify growing ticket prices by modernising and improving their service, too much of football hasn't bothered. Ashton Gate is a prime example.

It's completely unacceptable to say things will be better when the stadium is renovated because the problem isn't one that has come about as a result of the innovation itself - it's been this way for years.

Queues, food, buying tickets, customer service etc all come under the same bracket and not enough has been done to address all of the above for far too long.

Dave L should not be responsible for it - he should be responsible for an entire team dedicated to it.

Win, lose or draw, these basics consistently come up short.

• Admin

Slightly off topic; the best off field experience I've had whilst following City was about 10 years ago at Rushden.

Problem with doing it that way they lost income, Max Griggs got bored. Rushden Anne Diamonds are no more and their Nene Park ground is shortly to be bulldozed to make way for a new out of town shopping complex

• Admin

The catering inside Ashton Gate has been abject for years.

The problem is that, while other areas of the entertainment industry have attempted to justify growing ticket prices by modernising and improving their service, too much of football hasn't bothered. Ashton Gate is a prime example.

It's completely unacceptable to say things will be better when the stadium is renovated because the problem isn't one that has come about as a result of the innovation itself - it's been this way for years.

Queues, food, buying tickets, customer service etc all come under the same bracket and not enough has been done to address all of the above for far too long.

Dave L should not be responsible for it - he should be responsible for an entire team dedicated to it.

Win, lose or draw, these basics consistently come up short.

Haven't we just taken on a new contract with a different brewery?

Surely that could and should have been the time to correct the problems with the serving of drinks

I'm not convinced saying it will be sorted with the redevelopment plans is actually acceptable - it's like a problem has been recognised but there is a reluctance to correct it

could be worse - could be Notts County standard. In our away game there last year, in the ground at around 1:45 (one of the first few in there). Bought a hot chocolate, the teenager that served me gave it to me...with no lid on, and I had to stir the chocolate powder into the water myself....and then he asked me to double check the change he'd given me in case he'd got it wrong...amazing.

Really liking those 'bottoms-up beer dispensers' ... Loads of potential for the magnetic disks too, advertising etc, collectable discs(ala the old football cards, collect a whole squad/swapsies etc to stick onto magnetic collector cards) even 'free' lottery games using pre- printed discs for any occasion/location/specific events etc etc. The potential uses for custom printed discs are huge.. imagine how massive World Cup collector discs could be.. Any and every sport or corporate use imaginable.. Collectable celebs , discount promotion tokens etc etc...

The machines are brilliant (even available for home use, saw a vid with a lazy-boy style chair fitted with one) and will revolutionise drinks servers everywhere like pop festivals etc etc..

But the discs themselves have got endless potential... Brilliant, simple, effective on more than just one level, its not just a very fast booze dispenser. The discs can be just as big if not bigger!

Wow..

please remeber that the rugby have different licencing laws to us, what suits them won't work at the football thanks to the govenment and in some ways the fans as well (not saying us but every time there is a fight between fans up and down the country the govenment and the police use it to justify they shitty laws)

Probably the most positive away fan review I've read, even when faced with the usual City farcical organisational skills.

1. Tickets sold for seats that were covered by netting

2. No forks for their pies

Small things but still proves what rubbish us as paying customers have to put up with!

http://www.mkdsa.co.uk/index.php/news/1971-mkdonsawaydays-bristol-city?

Archived